MAC Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection (June 5, 2014)

Tatiana87

Counting down the days for this collection
cheerleader.gif

MakeupQueen4

Me too. $15 was such a nice round number, and now $16 doesn't sound right. They've been 15 for a long time.
Yes they have. But as long as they don't raise the price every 1-2 years I think I can deal. But still an $8 dollar price jump for LE blushes ... a tad bit outrageous. I'm only getting two lippes from this collex though. But I feel for those wanting the blushes.

Ajigglin

You all are going to learn one day to stop asking the folks at MAC chat for info. They don't have the answers. Trust the folks like [@]erine1881[/@] who get the tea. They are rarely wrong. [@]NaomiH[/@], meeting the future in-laws, huh? :) I'm sure it will be just fine. That's a good look.

audraMUA

Yes they have. But as long as they don't raise the price every 1-2 years I think I can deal. But still an $8 dollar price jump for LE blushes ... a tad bit outrageous. I'm only getting two lippes from this collex though. But I feel for those wanting the blushes.
I can understand why the ED blushes in AA were 27.50. That's two more dollars from the mineralize blushes. I don't under the $28 blush. I don't think it's going to be that much... But we'll see

Dolly Snow

You all are going to learn one day to stop asking the folks at MAC chat for info. They don't have the answers. Trust the folks like [@]erine1881[/@] who get the tea. They are rarely wrong. [@]NaomiH[/@], meeting the future in-laws, huh? :) I'm sure it will be just fine. That's a good look.
Agreed!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I agree but the increments are already in place for other cosmetic lines, i.e. Armani, Chanel, EL, BB.. everything has already gone up. MAC is trying to keep within the range their customer is used to. The comps for MAC would be NARS, Tarte, BB, EL, Lancome, Shiseido.. and the list gets longer and longer.

this might not seem like the EXACT moment.. but it already is. Prices have gone up across the board, and sizes have also become smaller. Anyone who wants to buy MAC will have to keep on shelling out more money.

Please don't shoot this messenger.. I only post what I already know.

thanks.
I keep noticing that, and that annoys me more than a higher price because it feels so sneaky.

MelroseLuvsMkup

I'm just mad I wasn't a fan of mac when lipstick was selling for $14.00 dollars, what can we do? Material prices are hiking up and somebody has to pay.

User38

does anyone know what the rate of inflation is TODAY? .. or commodities (the basic elements needed to make any product)? ..What do we consider outrageous?

I paid $115 for a Sisley blush the other day... Duty Free... lol.

$88 for an Armani highlighter.
$ 100 for a Chanel Highliter

$ 80 for a guerlain bronzer.

are these outrageous? they were all sold out products.. lol.

what we fail to see is that the bottom rung of the economy and the middle class are getting less wealthy.. and the rich keep getting richer.

As long as people admire Celebrities and want to look like them, and can''t afford a $ 6k purse, a $ 3K dress, and a $ 20 K watch, they will pay for a $ 28 blush or product which a Celebrity endorses.

hatsoff.gif

User38

Can't wait! Can I share that on my Instagram?
yahoo.gif
girlhaha.gif

I keep noticing that, and that annoys me more than a higher price because it feels so sneaky.
it's meant to be sneaky NayNay.. they will nickel and dime the consumer as long as the consumer is ready to "die" for something.. some look, some semblance of being a celebrity.

it;s frankly sad.

and no, no instagram.. or my tits get tied into knots again. lol

Kristin Bacon

I miss when i could afford ALL organic food. I feel that the food increases are far more ridiculous than makeup and clothes. Also fuel, which is what causes food prices to soar. And in ten yrs Mac has raised there lipsticks what, 3 dollars? Not too bad imo... dont get me wrong i dont want to pay more, why would anyone? But comparatively it isn't bad.

MakeupQueen4

does anyone know what the rate of inflation is TODAY? .. or commodities (the basic elements needed to make any product)? ..What do we consider outrageous?

I paid $115 for a Sisley blush the other day... Duty Free... lol.

$88 for an Armani highlighter.
$ 100 for a Chanel Highliter

$ 80 for a guerlain bronzer.

are these outrageous? they were all sold out products.. lol.

what we fail to see is that the bottom rung of the economy and the middle class are getting less wealthy.. and the rich keep getting richer.

As long as people admire Celebrities and want to look like them, and can''t afford a $ 6k purse, a $ 3K dress, and a $ 20 K watch, they will pay for a $ 28 blush or product which a Celebrity endorses.

hatsoff.gif
True and True. And as much as I will gripe and complain I will STILL buy what I want from MAC. I might not buy every item MAC ever releases but if it's something I feel I absolutely NEED then I will shell out the bucks. All the price jump is doing is making me be smarter about which items I purchase and how many BU I get.