MAC Shimmersouffle..

wolfsong

You're on a roll tonight arent you? lol
clap.gif

Its cropmommy1 again - i'll search for that name in a minute. The sticker on the top of the box is in the middle - it should be far right hand corner, dead give away (im assuming this doesnt differ from pig placement).

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...ght=cropmommy1
Damn her! She doesnt know MAC, why is she selling it? I wouldnt sell MAC brushes as i havent ever seen them in real life and dont really know fakes from real, surely this is the level of responsibility owed to the buyers by ALL sellers?

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
You're on a roll tonight arent you? lol
clap.gif

Its cropmommy1 again - i'll search for that name in a minute. The sticker on the top of the box is in the middle - it should be far right hand corner, dead give away (im assuming this doesnt differ from pig placement).

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...ght=cropmommy1
Damn her! She doesnt know MAC, why is she selling it? I wouldnt sell MAC brushes as i havent ever seen them in real life and dont really know fakes from real, surely this is the level of responsibility owed to the buyers by ALL sellers?

Lol, when I get bored I search for fake MAC on ebay. It's kinda fun.

wolfsong

Me too! lol... Insomnia + every 4 hrs kitten feeding = bordom...
I like to tell the sellers that they are selling fakes and see who ignore me, who say they didnt know, and which ones get pissy with me. More often then not the first and last options...

panda0410

I have Shimmerati, its real. The only thing that gets me is that this one has the batch number stamped into the sticker on top of the box.

wolfsong

Is the sticker in the middle of the box on yours? I wish that mac would stick to one format - how can we tell the fakes when they have different methods for alot of their products...

panda0410

Yes - well pretty close to the middle anyway, but mine didnt have the batch number on the sticker on the top of the box!

red

I don't know anything about Mac pigments
smiles.gif
... but didn't anyone notice that on the full size piggies she's "hiding" the logo mac so you can't clearly see it from the opening in the front? Maybe its the photo, but if you take a full size in its original box and then look at hers (the one where the logo shows half way) you can see there's some discrepancy.

Listen, I've had enough of these folks
th_remoteImage-61.gif

here

here

Hilly

Selling fakes again? I know she comes on this board..probably to defend her fakes!

MAC_Whore

Good God I hope it's real, cuz Shimmer Souffles are crap! I seriously hope no one went to the trouble to fake that product when hardly anyone bought the real thing. Those still linger at CCOs....dying a slow, lonely death.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Good God I hope it's real, cuz Shimmer Souffles are crap! I seriously hope no one went to the trouble to fake that product when hardly anyone bought the real thing. Those still linger at CCOs....dying a slow, lonely death.

Lol I actually sort of like the one I have. I apply it with a light hand and it looks okay. I heard the shelf life of them is very short though.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by red
I don't know anything about Mac pigments
smiles.gif
... but didn't anyone notice that on the full size piggies she's "hiding" the logo mac so you can't clearly see it from the opening in the front? Maybe its the photo, but if you take a full size in its original box and then look at hers (the one where the logo shows half way) you can see there's some discrepancy.

Listen, I've had enough of these folks
th_remoteImage-61.gif

here

here

I noticed that in many of the pics the logos aren't facing the window of the box. Also in the ones that are the logo looks thick.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore

HAHAHAHAHA!! I think they are one of MACs worst ever items, I hardly ever touch mine, usually to re-examine and reconfirm that I really dont like it
winks.gif

panda0410

One more thing peoples...lol... I know how you feel about this seller - BUT you need to get off her back re the Pearls - they are authentic!!! - 1999/2000 Fall/Winter Frozen White Collection they were released with a few other strange things, glitter lashes to name one at least along with "Arctic Body Adornment". Heres a list of all items released in that collection -

Frosty glitter. Icy Pearls, Crystal lashes. Glacial lips. Ice-cold eyes. Arctic body adornment. Plus a super-heated pop of red or high-definition black. The MAC team created the looks at the shows and now brings it to ice goddesses and gods around the world.
MAC Mirrors - velcro onto hair for highly reflective, crystal shine.
Suggested retail: $20.00 U.S./$25.00 Canada
MAC Pearls - a glamorous drop of icy pearlescence for the face and body.
Suggested Retail: $18.00 U.S./$22.50 Canada
White Glitter - a sophisticated polar shimmer with a subtle blue/pink glow.
Suggested Retail: $13.00 U.S./$14.50 Canada
Glitter Lashes - tipped in delicate reflective frost.
Suggested Retail: $6.50 U.S./$6.50 Canada
Frozen White Lipstick - sheer to medium frost, a seductive, glacial finish.
Suggested Retail: $13.50 U.S./$14.00 Canada
Vinyl Lipstick - sheer, true-red shine accents the chill of the collection.
Suggested Retail: $13.50 U.S./$14.00 Canada
White Frost Tint - sheer, icy white shimmer for the body and face.
Suggested Retail: $10.00 U.S./$10.00 Canada
Frost Pigment - pale, ice-cold shimmery powder.
Suggested Retail: $18.00 U.S./$18.00 Canada
Black Creme Liner - liquid jet for black-ice definition.
Suggested Retail: $10.00 U.S./$10.50 Canada
Gesso Small Eye Shadow - matte, white-as snow.
Suggested Retail: $11.50 U.S./$12.00 Canada Available at all MAC locations December 1999.

Do a google and you will find them on SEVERAL sites.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Yeah thats been confirmed by darkbeauty27, but are they made in taiwan?

The collection information doesnt list manufacture location but it is quite possible that they were. MAC items are made all over the world, including france, italy, japan and china. There is no reason to assume these are fake simply because they are listed as made in taiwan.

Most fakes will say they were made in the US, London or Canada anyway...lol!
winks.gif