MAC Shiny Pretty Things (Holiday 2018)

fur4elise

Only thing I’m interested in is the “Nude Mini Lipstick Kit” anything else is an easy pass for me!

Hey ya! Nice too see you :wavey:

I confess, I am a bit bummed. The only thing I purchased from last year's holiday was a single lippie. This year it will one item, the darker of the face trios. :(

itskathleeeen

I confess, I am a bit bummed. The only thing I purchased from last year's holiday was a single lippie. This year it will one item, the darker of the face trios. :(
The face trio is the only thing I'm excited about. Everything else is just bleh

NATlar

Hey!! :hand: :cloud9:

I only got a single lipstick from last years collection too! OH the face trios are beautiful I dunno why I forgot to mention them haha!

NATlar

I swatched the Extra Dimenion in SnowFlushed today and even applied it in my MAC store and I was disappointed by it.. There was no luminous payoff or any in that matter just full of glitter well on me anyway which I didn't like.

The Mini Nude Lip kit is so so lovely so I might have to pick that up.

The Fair Trio face palette was lovely too but not enough for me to actually want to buy it. I'm just not fond of this holiday collection like the past ones haha.

Rinstar

After seeing T's swatches, I think I might get Rosebuddy l/g. I wasn't going to get anything, but that looks really pretty!

MACina

I swatched the Extra Dimenion in SnowFlushed today and even applied it in my MAC store and I was disappointed by it.. There was no luminous payoff or any in that matter just full of glitter well on me anyway which I didn't like.

The Mini Nude Lip kit is so so lovely so I might have to pick that up.

The Fair Trio face palette was lovely too but not enough for me to actually want to buy it. I'm just not fond of this holiday collection like the past ones haha.

That sounds aweful....I had high hopes in Snowflushed because it is such a beautiful and unique shade but if the texture is that bad I am no longer
excited :(

NATlar

That sounds aweful....I had high hopes in Snowflushed because it is such a beautiful and unique shade but if the texture is that bad I am no longer
excited :(

It could've been just a bad tester as I do know how gritty and horrible they can get after so many people testing it out etc I'm hoping that was the case because it definitely looks unique and certainly something I don't have or anything similar. If you do go for it I hope yours is a good one.

MACina

It could've been just a bad tester as I do know how gritty and horrible they can get after so many people testing it out etc I'm hoping that was the case because it definitely looks unique and certainly something I don't have or anything similar. If you do go for it I hope yours is a good one.

Yes, that is true....hopefully!

I ordered one and really hope that one will be better.

MACina

Anyone else find it sad that we do hardly have any bags this year?
Usually we got a bag with every kit but this year most of the kits come in boxes or cheap plastic bags :(
The bags were always so cute and I used to love them!
This is such a disappointment :plthumbsdown:

TraceyMc

I'm such a dope. I just noticed the order form that was in my bag had the products listed for sale on it. I know it didn't have the color collection on it. I'm assuming that is coming later as the email invitation said they would have everything available even items that wouldn't be available for sale until November but when I asked the MA which ones wouldn't come until November she said she didn't know. I do see a Turquatic gift set listed. I didn't notice it at the store. I also didn't notice there was an insert of 6 face charts. I'm excited about that. The only thing is they generally listed products used on the face chart and are not too specific unfortunately.

I picked up:
-Shiny Pretty Things eyeshadows - These don't say they are Dazzle shadows. I didn't think of Dazzle shadows when I saw them. I think they are super shimmery and have a duochrome to them. I thought I could leave the silvery one but I saw the duo chrome strongest in that one looked purple like in some light so took that one too. I haven't worn these yet but I will update how they wear when I do.

-Snowflushed highlighter - I have Delicate Drift and Stylishly Merry - Hmm. I will find them and compare them. I wore this yesterday and I was able to tone it down from the SA's application but I had to be careful. I liked it a lot though. I used my Wayne Goss fan brush.

I think I mentioned the rest already but I also picked up:

-Medium/Deep Shiny Pretty Things Face Compact
-Wink of Pink lipstick
-Caketop lipglass
-nude mini lipgloss set
-Holiday Time Dazzle eyeliner -gold
I didn't see the navy dazzle eyeliner - I didn't see a space for it on the display either. strange.

They gave out a Mac ornament and ribbon bow keychain GWP and you got to pick your color which was nice and packed it all in the Mac Select Shopping Bag. I was so happy to go to the party. I haven't been invited to one in so long. I thought Mac forgot all about me.

I'm still interested in:
-nude lip kit
-beaming blush set
-advance brush set
-eyeshadow palettes

Have you tried the shiny pretty things eyeshadows yet ? was temped by Joy To... but would like some feedback on them as some love them some hate them :confused:

SleepingBeauty

I'm so, so disappointed in this year's holiday collection. What's been up with MAC the last year (two years, even)? :smokin:I miss the good old days; looking at the holiday collections from four, five years ago is making me nostalgic. That being said - the only thing I'll be taking a look at is Babetown and I'm not sure if I'll get it.

MRV

I just saw local prices for this collection. The set of four mini lipsticks is 44.50 euros and the face compact trios are - wait - 61.50 euros! :bandit: I'm getting a lippie max and order the rest I possibly want with a trip around the world (= cheaper than this insanity). At least the Colour Collection is for normal (local) price.

MACina

I just saw local prices for this collection. The set of four mini lipsticks is 44.50 euros and the face compact trios are - wait - 61.50 euros! :bandit: I'm getting a lippie max and order the rest I possibly want with a trip around the world (= cheaper than this insanity). At least the Colour Collection is for normal (local) price.

What????

OMG :wtf:

MACina

I'm so, so disappointed in this year's holiday collection. What's been up with MAC the last year (two years, even)? :smokin:I miss the good old days; looking at the holiday collections from four, five years ago is making me nostalgic. That being said - the only thing I'll be taking a look at is Babetown and I'm not sure if I'll get it.

Same here....hold some beauties from Heirloom Collection in my hands a few days ago and started dreaming :cloud9:

Mac-Guy

It looks like that I am not getting anything from the Holiday collection unless there are mini fix+ sprays. I love those for traveling and they are usually good value.

lipstickaddict

Have you tried the shiny pretty things eyeshadows yet ? was temped by Joy To... but would like some feedback on them as some love them some hate them :confused:

I have three of the eyeshadows and while they are nice, they are definitely full of glitter. I wear mine with a nars primer and the fallout is minimal (applied with my finger) but there is always some minor glitter particles on my face which can be annoying. Just my two bits!

Mac-Guy

The only good thing from the whole MAC disaster in the last two years is that I started using my back ups from MAC. It is amazing how quickly you can use BUs when you don't add too many new items.

MACina

Does anyone know what happened to Viva Glam?????

There was no Kit last year and there isn' t one this year either....also, there hasn' t been a new campaign for ages. Usually we had one twice a year with a
new shade and a spokes person.

Latest posts