MAC Tres Cheek discussion

Icecaramellatte

I tried on Immortal Flower today and I love it! I wore it with Superb to highlight, Sweet Heat on my eyes and a mix of Oh Oh Oh and Whirls & Twirls l/s on my lips :)

I just tried Oh Oh Oh and Whirls and Twirls together. Looked great. I never would have thought to put those 2 together. I did think it reminded me of a Mac lipstick I used to use in early days. I have to think about which one it was. Thanks for the idea.

Spanky

Thanks, i'm wearing Runaway Red.
I think Red Brick is more red than MM, but if you like a colour that bright on your cheeks you may like MM. IF is more peach than MM. You do not have a pink blush it looks like so that's why i recommend LC. I also think a soft peach blush like IF would be a great addition to your collection, since you do not have something like that either. Maybe you can get MM instead of FOJ. Ask your MUA if she can apply one on each cheek, so you can decide which on you like best. Good luck chosing
winks.gif

[/quote] Pinkdollface, thanks for the suggestions, I went nuts & ordered Lovecloud, PT, FOJ, MM, & IF from Nordstroms. I plan on swatching them at the store so I can return the ones that may not suit me. Hopefully, they'll have everything I **need** in stock. ...but now after seeing ur pictures & the swatches of Runaway Red, I'm Jonesing! I'm a red lippie whore & I don't think I'll be able to get it (@ least not for the double the price). Does anyone have any ideas of where I may be able to get Runaway Red now? It's all sold out at MAC, Macy's & Nordstroms' on-line. Ideas, please! I need this badly and nothing else will do! I apologize for the off topic rant! Hope everyones' having a great night/day.

aradhana

I've never hit pan on anything either. But I am afraid of dropping and breaking one. I've tried to stay strong and not order any backups. There are so many blushes on the way and I can't close my blush drawer in my organizer. I've taken to keeping some of them in those long narrow plastic trays. I think they are for pencils. In fact, the MSFs fit perfectly in those.

Good job. Wish it were me. I bought Gingerly blush when it first launched and I still haven't made a dent in it and I used to use it pretty often. My mother bought the same color a few years ago and has already repurchase it at least 4 or 5 times and she doesn't even wear makeup everyday.
i've been lucky so far i guess... i drop my makeup all the time, but most of my mac stuff is fine...except the shadows i messed up when i depotted! i think the design of the containers kind of helps, because when the blush/ eyeshadow/ whatever hits the ground, the lid flies open to take the force of the impact...

i've come to the conclusion i tend to use less product generally than the average person...all my products tend to last forever, even the lipsticks and glosses...i tend to have to watch the xpiry date before the product actually finishes.

princess sarah

I got my Immortal Flower, Lovecloud, Pink Tea and Full Of Joy yesterday. I also have Pink Cult and I think I prefer Pink Cult to Pink Tea so I am thinking I kinda want to sell it.

Immortal flower is just beautiful and so is Lovecloud. I will be doing swatches and comparisons soon to post up.

singer82

I always find this so strange. I'm NC with yellow undertones but cooler colors look better then warm colors on me. So maybe I'm neutral? In MAC foundation I'm always matched as a NC15 but that even tends to be a tad too dark. I use MUFE hd foundation I wear 117 and its the best match for my skin that I've found so far.

singer82

I broke my precious by candelight msf and it was my fav highlighter. So I think I might have to back a few of these puppies up. I dont think I'll get through them but they are just so awesome that I couldnt bear breaking one and them be gone! These blushes just blend so amazingly. I'm so light skinned so some blushes can be too much even with a light hand. These just seem to blend so its not so harsh. They brighten up my face so well. They just got this incredible sheen. I was looking in the local sephora and most of the MA's were all tan, I looked in the mirror while I was there and noticed how pale I am compared to them lol

gracie90

Reordered MM and another LC (I adore that one
love.gif
) Third time lucky???
I really should just go with my gut and order everything I could possibly want right at the start - I can always sell it after...

Mac-Guy

Reordered MM and another LC (I adore that one
love.gif
) Third time lucky???
I really should just go with my gut and order everything I could possibly want right at the start - I can always sell it after...

That's what I do. It actually saves me money and it is less stressful then doing it bit by bit. I only order BU's in second rounds.

baghdad81

That's what I do. It actually saves me money and it is less stressful then doing it bit by bit. I only order BU's in second rounds.
Yes I always used to do that too but decided to heed mac guy's advice....true when you have them in one receipt you wish you could die because it's too much, but at least it's not stressful!!

martiangurll

This is a good strategy as is going ahead and ordering something if you think its a maybe and going to sell out. It is very easy to resell for the price paid (and usually you are already paying a shipping cost anyway) here or trade other sites.
I received these and have been playing all weekend, but honestly, playing the most with MM because it is so dramatic and colorful--my eyes are thirsting for color after all the winter blah. I still think its a little too orange just by itself, with my no tanned self, but I sheered it out with a little Redhead MSF over it and it looked workable. It is going to be my fave, I know it (although Peony Petal is a close second for me). It also looks great paired with Flower Fantasy from Vera if anyone has those to layer it with.

I am skipping BU on this (except for Pink Cult because it is unique and I am paranoid to drop it or lose it). I skipped BU because these are so pigmented, honestly a few grains and I am done, I will never run out in 2 lifetimes. So the only reason to BU is if you are a klutz like me and fear the dreaded drop and shatter.

Mac-Guy

This is a good strategy as is going ahead and ordering something if you think its a maybe and going to sell out. It is very easy to resell for the price paid (and usually you are already paying a shipping cost anyway) here or trade other sites. I received these and have been playing all weekend, but honestly, playing the most with MM because it is so dramatic and colorful--my eyes are thirsting for color after all the winter blah. I still think its a little too orange just by itself, with my no tanned self, but I sheered it out with a little Redhead MSF over it and it looked workable. It is going to be my fave, I know it (although Peony Petal is a close second for me). It also looks great paired with Flower Fantasy from Vera if anyone has those to layer it with.

I am skipping BU on this (except for Pink Cult because it is unique and I am paranoid to drop it or lose it). I skipped BU because these are so pigmented, honestly a few grains and I am done, I will never run out in 2 lifetimes. So the only reason to BU is if you are a klutz like me and fear the dreaded drop and shatter.
iagree.gif
PP is just absolutely stunning on NW10-20 skin. It's such a rosey pink that looks very natural when applied lightly. The sheen you get from it is unlike anything I have in my huge stash.

Pinkdollface

iagree.gif
PP is just absolutely stunning on NW10-20 skin. It's such a rosey pink that looks very natural when applied lightly. The sheen you get from it is unlike anything I have in my huge stash.
I love it on my NC15 skin as well. I'm actually starting to think that i've more of a neutral skin and that the NC cancels out the redness in my skin. I tried all the blushes now and they are just fabulous! I'm glad i backed up Immortal Flower, because it's so versatile and one of my faves. I'm still thinking about backing up Peony Petal since it's the pink blush i've been looking for all my life. Should i do it?

peachsuns

Singer82, I thought you were talking about me! Our skin tone must be very close. I'm yellow undertones, but cooler colors look better than warm colors on me. MUFE HD 117 is good match for my skin. I also like Revlon ColorStay Buff.
amuse.gif

Back to topic, I'm glad MAC re-stocked the blushes. It's amazing they are still there. Thank you, MAC!

martiangurll

I love it on my NC15 skin as well. I'm actually starting to think that i've more of a neutral skin and that the NC cancels out the redness in my skin. I tried all the blushes now and they are just fabulous! I'm glad i backed up Immortal Flower, because it's so versatile and one of my faves. I'm still thinking about backing up Peony Petal since it's the pink blush i've been looking for all my life. Should i do it?

If you love it and think you'd be devasted if you drop it or run out, I do a BU. Realistically, I doubt one would ever run out of a blush--it just has never happened for me. I have hit pan on a face powder, but I was using it all over and almost every day. I rotate blushes & these TC blushes are so pigmented, they will last forever I think. Pink Cult is the only blush I have ever done BU for, just due to its uniqueness, although I doubt I will ever see pan on the first one. PP really is gorgeous on pale skin. NC or NW, don't think that matters.

nikki1387

Stop it!! Geeeez, I'm starting to contemplate getting MORE blushes! lol

So far, I have MM coming in today from Nordies, finally, and another MM and IF coming tomorrow from MAC. The pinks and even FOJ looked awesome, but don't know if i can justify. Honestly, I think i have enough pink, but who knows.

ENABLERS!! lol but i love it!

heart2.gif

MrsB

Due to a rush of back up fever, I have more than I need... I know it's unlikely as stock is high everywhere but I have PP, LC, PT and IF spare - completely new and unused, I'm just asking cost (£17.50) and p&p. Thought I would offer here before evilbay.

Pinkdollface

If you love it and think you'd be devasted if you drop it or run out, I do a BU. Realistically, I doubt one would ever run out of a blush--it just has never happened for me. I have hit pan on a face powder, but I was using it all over and almost every day. I rotate blushes & these TC blushes are so pigmented, they will last forever I think. Pink Cult is the only blush I have ever done BU for, just due to its uniqueness, although I doubt I will ever see pan on the first one. PP really is gorgeous on pale skin. NC or NW, don't think that matters.
I guess i'm getting a back up then. I will wait till friday when i have more money.

Antigone

Someone commented on another forum that the Tres Cheek blushes are chalky, especially Full of Joy.

Now my heart is set on getting Full of Joy but afraid that it might be chalky. Do you agree it is?

I am NC20-25, cool toned.

I also wanna get Peony Petal. And possibly MAC Snob to partner with Full of Joy.

What do you think?

Baby1black

Thank god I got FOJ . It is beautiful as a highlighter over glorify on the cheeks. I finally went and got PP and PT so now I am team 6+ MM BU +pink cult. Seriously I am on blush overload.LOL