MAC Tres Cheek discussion

martiangurll

I ended up ordering MM from the Nordstroms' site. I got sucked in b/c it sold out so quickly. Now I am officially done with this collection.

I agree that the rush to buy is getting old. I prefer, however, site stalking to trying to buy stuff on release day. I have several MAC counters within 10 miles of me, but I dread going on release day b/c of the chaos. Plus I am usually working, so I can't get there until the late afternoon after all of the "hot" items have sold out.
We have a new syndrome people, I am dubbing it Early Release related Anxiety Disorder:

Symptoms include:

Obsessively refreshing the website
Insomnia
Fear of leaving the house due to fear release will happen when you go out for groceries
Frantic internet searches for swatches
Nail biting
Tendency to talk about nothing except upcoming collection
Reorganizing stash to see if you have possible dupes and comparing to online swatches
Not showering, socializing or doing anything that could cause one to miss the release

Finally, the absolute unthinkable thought that the minute you do something else, the release will happen and will sell out

Dreaming Dancer

that is hilarious!
We have a new syndrome people, I am dubbing it Early Release related Anxiety Disorder:
Symptoms include:

Insomnia
Fear of leaving the house due to fear release will happen when you go out for groceries
Nail biting
Reorganizing stash to see if you have possible dupes and comparing to online swatches
Not showering, socializing or doing anything that could cause one to miss the release

Finally, the absolute unthinkable thought that the minute you do something else, the release will happen and will sell out

OctoberViolet

This is the truth martiangurll!!! I suffer from this!
ohboy.gif

Symptoms include:

Insomnia
Nail biting

martiangurll

I need to sometimes take a deep breath (and maybe a medicinal shot of something!) and try to relax. On the other hand, I can't believe how much has sold out. LOL, I will probably get a text later today with the info on Tres Cheek...

OctoberViolet

Thank you for your review liba. Since I didn't get Sakura (still kicking myself about that) I am looking forward to Full of Joy. I am also feeling better about my Peony Petal blush now.
eyelove.gif

I should be sleeping, but instead here's my take on trying them all on today, and bringing a bag full of other blushes with me to compare.

FoJ: I wanted to like this, but honestly, Sakura MB looks almost the same on me, but nicer than FoJ - better texture, richer color. I actually skipped it.

Lovecloud: OK, this one looks almost exactly like Giggly MB. However, unlike FoJ, it's got a nicer texture and is much more buildable. Even though I have plenty of Giggly, I got this one, since if anything, I really don't like to take MBs around with me on the go, for fear I'll drop and break them. Lovecloud can come travel around in my purse just fine.

Immortal Flower: Another one that is VERY close to another blush - in this case, Mighty Aphrodite (the light half). IF is just a bit richer and more glowing of a color, plus it's so buildable and fuses so nicely with your skin. It's also a tiny touch less pink than MA, making it a bit more all year round, in my opinion. 'Had to get it.

Pink Tea: Not my cup of tea, to be honest. Applied sheerly, you could hardly see it, but then building it up turned it into a sort of average pink color that wasn't very special. My Subtle Breeze will do the same work, but better. Didn't get.

Peony Flower: So beautiful! Wasn't expecting to love this as much as I did. Perfect texture for a bright pink like this - goes on with total ease of application. MUCH nicer than FoJ, while still staying in the same cool family. Bought!

Modern Mandarin: Yep, most unique color of the collection. Looks divine on NC15. It's very similar to Marine Life, except it's softer and much easier to apply without going overboard. In fact, using MM along the cheekbone and then accentuating and intensifying the apples with a dab of Marine Life created a stunning effect - I'll be wearing the #$@#$$ out of this blush.

If you have to get only one, I'd say Modern Mandarin or Lovecloud, since they're both very versatile, can look soft and subtle or bright and cheerful or swanky nighttime, depending on how you apply it. Lovecloud's maybe a touch more springy, while MM is a little more of a year-round color. IF is the very close runner up and is very special, but will be more of a hassle to build up properly on darker skin tones.

Oh, one last thing! The new Skin Smoother....if you put some of any of these blushes on a 130, then dab it into the skin smoother and then apply, you get a ridiculously fabulous texture and color payoff similar to the Cremeblend blushes. It transforms these blushes into yet another great look, as if they needed even more versatility.

duku

Glad you found them
smiles.gif
what colours did you end up with?
I ordered Modern Mandarin and Immortal Flower yesterday and Lovecloud today. Considered Peony Petal and Full of Joy but I think they're too blue based for me - pale freckly redhead with neutralish skin and light green eyes - I rarely buy those types of colours. And Pink Tea probably wouldn't show up too well on my freckly skin, like Douceur, which is a shame as it's quite pretty and I like the name.

Did you get anything from In Extra Dimension?

MrsB

I ordered Modern Mandarin and Immortal Flower yesterday and Lovecloud today. Considered Peony Petal and Full of Joy but I think they're too blue based for me - pale freckly redhead with neutralish skin and light green eyes - I rarely buy those types of colours. And Pink Tea probably wouldn't show up too well on my freckly  skin, like Douceur, which is a shame as it's quite pretty and I like the name.

Did you get anything from In Extra Dimension?

It's great that you can rock colours like MM though, I'd love to be able to :) I got immortal flower, lovecloud, pink tea and peony petal from Tres Cheek and only one highlighter from extra dimension. I like the look of the shadows but have to be careful with very metallic shadows as they can look awful on me!

rockin

Symptoms include:

Insomnia
Nail biting

I, too, am a sufferer of this disorder

elegant-one

Peony Flower: So beautiful! Wasn't expecting to love this as much as I did. Perfect texture for a bright pink like this - goes on with total ease of application. MUCH nicer than FoJ, while still staying in the same cool family. Bought!

greengrin.gif
love.gif
th_happy1.gif

I was so excited about PF, it was my first pick.

OctoberViolet

eyelove.gif
Seriously, my package can't get delivered fast enough. I want to play with my blushes & lippies already.

I wonder why they couldn't make FoJ a satin finish also? Hmmm. that would have been interesting.
hmm.gif

Team Peony Petal!
love.gif
For NW15-20, it is a divine cotton-candy-pink blush. It actually looks very natural due to the sheen.

nikkimichelle

such a sad sad truth ..but at least im not alone..that list is the epitome of what i did/felt ...i remember running out for 2 hours saturday....what a horrible 2 hours that was.
wacko.gif

This is the truth martiangurll!!! I suffer from this!
ohboy.gif

Symptoms include:

Insomnia
Nail biting

Knope2012

Team Peony Petal!
love.gif
For NW15-20, it is a divine cotton-candy-pink blush. It actually looks very natural due to the sheen.

I think I may end up on Team 4. Peony Petal sounds amazing. I think I'll check it out in store on Friday. I do love my bright pinks!

Latest posts