MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

rinacee

As i posted, all i got was:
125 Split Fibre Dense Face Brush
126 Split Fibre Large Face Brush
Crème d’Nude Lipstick
Accentuated Eyebrows (pencil)
(haven't used the brushes yet, but i really like CdN)

I was considering the Green Clean eyeshadow trio... but MAC on-line still has the Belgreens eyeshadow palette X 6 from the Toledo collection! So i ordered that.

The Technakohls were all a disappointment to me. And although i wanted to love it, Domestic Diva was too bright red for me.

And i also ordered Royal Wink from the Philip Treacy collection - it'll go great with Blue Peep - one on the upper lid, the other on the lower - with UD Electric Palette colors.
You are a genius and I think I know what I am doing with my makeup today...

msvluvsmac

My job gave me a gift card this week for my 20th anniversary so I splurged and got both brushes. They are my first MAC brushes and the MUA said they're amazing. I called around and all but 2 stores in my area were out of stock. Macy's had them online but I didn't want to wait for them to ship. I ended up buying more than I anticipated from this collection so now I'm waiting for the mattes this week.

CCKK

How's the lightest color in it? At the store yesterday it was patchy and annoying and I was wondering if it was because it was the tester everyone was touching.
It had to be patchy due to all the touching of it. My SA gave me a green smoky eye off the palette and that is what did it. I wore it two days ago and went on smooth as ever. She finalized the experience by mixing the middle and bottom two colors of FU for a blush and Chickory with TD. This by far the biggest haul I have had this year.

ladyarwen

Wearing Laundry List and Crisp Whites! CW isn't showing up on me at all though, it's probably because I'm not wearing foundation.

CCKK

Don't have Toledo X green palette but I am loving Green Clean from W&D. Smooth set, glides on, love the set of colors with it, and the compliments never stopped the day I wore it = can't go wrong! I did not plan for such a big haul. Even thinking about more (damn).

Icecaramellatte

Bought Crisp Whites even though I was unsure it would show on me. Well, I tried it out yesterday and it does show on me. I did use my 116 brush. I didn't even try my Nars Yachiyo brush which is my go to blush brush lately.

hitchcockblonde

Hi! Super long time since I've been on...crazy life stuff. Does anyone have this version of hipness and NARS amour and would be willing to swatch? T has amour as a dupe, but the comparison shot uses the old version...She also didn't like this one...I find myself questioning her opinion more and more...though I do appreciate swatching (*edited to fix this) and work she does.
Yeah not similar at all. Amour is a warm rose and hipness is coral pink.
c4ba9e0c_image.jpeg
bb122533_image.jpeg

Rinstar

I wore Crisp Whites today and love it! It's nicely pigmented on me, although I'm pretty pale. I wore it with CP Nillionaire e/s and Siahi f/l, with Gotta Dash! Sheen Supreme on lips. I loved the look all together!

I also wore Freshen Up yesterday and liked it a lot as a blush. Very pretty!

GreenEyedAllie

I wore Crisp Whites today and love it! It's nicely pigmented on me, although I'm pretty pale. I wore it with CP Nillionaire e/s and Siahi f/l, with Gotta Dash! Sheen Supreme on lips. I loved the look all together! I also wore Freshen Up yesterday and liked it a lot as a blush. Very pretty!
Sounds nice! FU and CW appeared to swatch similarly once the overspray was gone on FU....do they wear differently? Which do you prefer? Up late on here because I'm upset with my DH for being a butthead. :(

Rinstar

Up late on here because I'm upset with my DH for being a butthead.
ssad.gif
Hmmm I will compare them side by side tomorrow, but I think that depends on how much of the pinky color of FU you pick up. I got more pink when I wore it. I wore them both for about the same amount of time and they seemed to last pretty well. I like both a lot right now, so not sure which I prefer yet!

GreenEyedAllie

Hmmm I will compare them side by side tomorrow, but I think that depends on how much of the pinky color of FU you pick up. I got more pink when I wore it. I wore them both for about the same amount of time and they seemed to last pretty well. I like both a lot right now, so not sure which I prefer yet!
I'll be interested to see...I'm just going off the beauty bloggers' swatches because I have FU. Just curious, but I am a blush-a-holic. Earlier I was convinced to get hipness. My store still had one when I went by. Pretty sure it's going to be a favorite this summer. I lightly dusted FU along my temple and upper cheek bones over it, and the effect was lovely and lasting.

rinacee

I am loving FU. I didn't think I would like it this much! It is such an effortless color for me (as a blush). It just gives my skin a nice warm glow. I am happy to have it in my collection.

AdelieDragon

My haul from this collection was small as per usual and consisted of lipsticks only. I originally purchased "Steam Heat" only only because I've been enjoying the satin formula a lot lately and don't have many colors like it, since I never looked into reds until recently. Here's a pic of it on, where I'm all serious because people were around me and I hate taking 'selfies' in public lol.

I love how it applies and wears. It did come off a bit from the center of my lips later in the day, after I ate, but I just reapplied one coat and it lasted like...7 hours since. I accidentally fell asleep with it on too lol (thankfully I didn't get it anywhere on my bed).

I went to my MAC counter on Thursday night and that's where I ended up buying "Tumble Dry," once I saw it wasn't as clear as I thought it might be. I haven't tried it on yet so I have nothing concrete to say about it, but it did look pretty in the swatch. I'm glad I at least have the above picture to share. I've been buying from collections but I haven't even blogged about my purchases so I feel bad that I haven't shared pictures/swatches on here for so long. :(