MAC Wash And Dry Collection (May 14 / May 21, 2015)

Dominique33

Today I tested all of Wash & Dry Collection, and my subjective opinion is that: - [COLOR=0000FF]Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder:[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Golden Rinse - on me is a little too red, Aphrodite's Shell looks more beautiful[/COLOR]   Delicates - beautiful cold light bronze with gold shimmer - absolutely awesome (I'll take it) - Blushes:   Hipness - too pink and strong for me   Crips Whites - beautiful, but too light, good as highlighter -Veluxe Pearlfusion Eyeshadows:   Green Clean - the best of all three Palettes, Lime colour is AWESOME :eyelove:   Permanent Press - it's ok, the beautiful color in this palette is calm brown bronze but I skipped eyeshadows   Warm Wash - very poor palettes  - Brushes - love love love :eyelove: - Highlight Powder   Freshen Up - for me it's not highlighter but very delicate blush, but I skipped it coz it's too sparkly (I skipped) - Bronzing Powder:   Matte Browne - I still love it powder :eyelove:  I'll take it. (This will be my third pack in my life) :flower:   Refined Golden - One of my fav bronzing powders too, but I skipped it, coz I already have it from Alluring Aquatic :yahoo: Lipstick, Lipgloss - all I skipped - are not for me.
Thank you for your first impressions . The collection was launched today ( !!! ) we all expected it for Thursday . I ordered Steam heat because I love red lippies and it is a Yellow red, Hipness and Golden Rinse. A small haul I must say that I do not like the packaging this time. I don' t have Morange it looks beautiful but I skipped.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for your first impressions . The collection was launched today ( !!! ) we all expected it for Thursday . I ordered Steam heat because I love red lippies and it is a Yellow red, Hipness and Golden Rinse. A small haul I must say that I do not like the packaging this time. I don' t have Morange it looks beautiful but I skipped.
Enjoy your haul, Dominique!
pompom.gif

awickedshape

Yay!

Mayanas

Today I tested all of Wash & Dry Collection, and my subjective opinion is that: - [COLOR=0000FF]Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder:[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Golden Rinse - on me is a little too red, Aphrodite's Shell looks more beautiful[/COLOR]   Delicates - beautiful cold light bronze with gold shimmer - absolutely awesome (I'll take it) - Blushes:   Hipness - too pink and strong for me   Crips Whites - beautiful, but too light, good as highlighter -Veluxe Pearlfusion Eyeshadows:   Green Clean - the best of all three Palettes, Lime colour is AWESOME :eyelove:   Permanent Press - it's ok, the beautiful color in this palette is calm brown bronze but I skipped eyeshadows   Warm Wash - very poor palettes  - Brushes - love love love :eyelove: - Highlight Powder   Freshen Up - for me it's not highlighter but very delicate blush, but I skipped it coz it's too sparkly (I skipped) - Bronzing Powder:   Matte Browne - I still love it powder :eyelove:  I'll take it. (This will be my third pack in my life) :flower:   Refined Golden - One of my fav bronzing powders too, but I skipped it, coz I already have it from Alluring Aquatic :yahoo: Lipstick, Lipgloss - all I skipped - are not for me.
Thanks for the review Maybe one bronzer and one brush. Or skip

DMcG9

This is gonna release literally any day now and I dont know if I want Golden Rinse or Delicates :D Someone make up my mind for me!!
I think Golden Rinse would suit you very well. I'll live vicariously through whatever you purchase! Enjoy your choice
poke.gif
*golden rinse*

Honi

I think Golden Rinse would suit you very well. I'll live vicariously through whatever you purchase! Enjoy your choice
poke.gif
*golden rinse*
That is the one I was gonna get, but people say it leans quite red so Im not sure if it would look strange :O Im sure that if I use a light hand I could get away with either of the bronzers... Leaning towards golden rinse though :D

liba

That is the one I was gonna get, but people say it leans quite red so Im not sure if it would look strange :O Im sure that if I use a light hand I could get away with either of the bronzers... Leaning towards golden rinse though :D
Red is good if you're NW, since your own natural tone when tanned would have red and pink in it. Something warmer might pull yellow or orange on you. I'd say if you can see them in person first would be best. Second best would be to just buy them both and then resell the one that doesn't work as well. Who knows, they might both look equally nice!

beatroot

Just ordered Golden Rinse, Hipness and Steam Heat. I really hope I like my goodies and GR looks good on warm skintones too.

CoralBlast

If anyone is interested colour matters and practice makes perfect are both repromotes i took photos to show u both on nc20 skintone hand with lots of cat scratches that i hope dont show. Top: practice makes perfect(petrol blue with blue sparkle really :eyelove:) Bottom:colour matters (multiple swipes over this one, its very light in one stroke)

TwiggyPop

Sweet dreams I'll probably be up all night
The guy at my MAC said his counter is launching this collection a day earlier than everyone else. That's on a Wednesday so I got really excited thinking I could get there at opening, but I just realized my daughter has a dentist appt that morning. :'( Now I will either have to stay up all night between the 13th and 14th or I'll have to go to the MAC by my house. I don't like that MAC anymore! Does the online launch happen at a random time?

Mac-Guy

That's crazy! I guess that means it's going to sell out super fast here as well.
The steep price increase for Germany (and a few other European countries) was anticipated. It doesn't come as a shocker. I wrote about it a lot in the past two years. MAC is definitely dipping in the the luxury market (and yes, prices will still increase).

But no worries, for the US, the summer collections usually have plenty of stock.

msvluvsmac

Does the online launch happen at a random time?
In the past, I've been able to order online by 7 a.m. (eastern time) right before I leave the house for work but MAC has been so unpredictable lately, you never know. I remember ordering a couple of times once I got to work around 8:30 or 9:00.