MAC X Aaliyah Collection (June 20/21, 2018)

Miss Dynamite

Funny the violet purple liner doesn’t look very violet in the swatches....
Nope, and it's a repromote which was described as vivid bright blueish red last time it was released. It's also 40% off at Macy's and Belk, or in a lip duo with Russian Red lipstick for $27

Miradan

After seeing T's swatches, I want More Than A Woman Lipstick, At Your Best You Are Lipglass and Brooklyn Born Lipglass.

I'd like More Than a Woman but am not really interested in stalking the collection, so will likely pass unless I can get it easily.

Miss Dynamite

I'd like More Than a Woman but am not really interested in stalking the collection, so will likely pass unless I can get it easily.

Yeah, I figure there's about a 10% chance of me catching anything from this collection, but I'll at least try.

aradhana

Now after seeing swathes looks more like Golden
before the swatches I was considering it, but now i think it will be undetectable on me.

i like the look of the darker lipsticks, and the eyeshadow palette, but i think i already have a couple of the shades. i hate having duplicates.....

Honi

0% of this collection looks interesting to me, unfortunately. I liked the idea of the palette though but I have so many similar shades. Pass.

verorl

I was tempted, but I don't know... I think I may pass. I definitely won't be stalking, so it things don't sell out I might order something down the road.

Mac-Guy

I was tempted, but I don't know... I think I may pass. I definitely won't be stalking, so it things don't sell out I might order something down the road.

Sounds like a plan. Let's see if this collection will sell out.

verorl

I think fans might go crazy over the collection. I did with Selena's! But I admired Selena and liked her music, plus the colors in the collection worked for me. I have to admit I did not know Aaliyah and wouldn't recognize her music. Plus these colors are either in my collection already or don't quite work for me, so no stalking will take place on my part.

Mac-Guy

I think fans might go crazy over the collection. I did with Selena's! But I admired Selena and liked her music, plus the colors in the collection worked for me. I have to admit I did not know Aaliyah and wouldn't recognize her music. Plus these colors are either in my collection already or don't quite work for me, so no stalking will take place on my part.

Surprisingly, this thread is also rather quiet. Maybe more swatches will help...

Miss Dynamite

Surprisingly, this thread is also rather quiet. Maybe more swatches will help...

There have been some on Instagram, and they all look much better than Temptalia's. Which still makes me wonder WHAT exactly does she do to make her swatches look so bad. Sad that she couldn't even let go of her MAC grudge to review a collection dedicated to somebody who passed away. I can't imagine MAC would be sending bad versions only to her.

PrettyTwisted

Lol the reasons T doesn’t like Street Thing are exactly what make me like it. I’m not looking for a heavy black frost, it looks very wearable for me. I’m going to wear it over my Givenchy Noir lip liner pencil. I’m getting 2 Street Thing and skipping the Times Nine

Last edited:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I know I said I'm going to buy everything if they ever release this collection, but to be honest I feel like it would be a bit of a waste since there's not much I would actually use. I was really hoping there'd be a nice neutral blush or maybe a beautypowder. I'm also disappointed there's no makeup bag or brush or any other accessoire. I'm still excited tho and will buy a few things because I'm a huge fan. I'm going to stalk the US site and have the stuff forwarded to me since I haven't heard anything about an international launch date, and even if they release it here, chances are I'll miss out with how fast things usually sell out.
I'd be forever grateful if someone could PM me here or on Instagram when the collection is up. :flowers:

probably her fans will buy products... and backups and also ebay ppl to sell

People are already selling the whole collection on ebay. :smokin:

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

Lol the reasons T doesn’t like Street Thing are exactly what make me like it. I’m not looking for a heavy black frost, it looks very wearable for me. I’m going to wear it over my Givenchy Noir lip liner pencil. I’m getting 2 Street Thing and skipping the Times Nine

The way T applied Street Thing made me laugh out loud and hard. She looks like a drag queen. Having said that, I usually like her lip swatches.

Monsy

I know I said I'm going to buy everything if they ever release this collection, but to be honest I feel like it would be a bit of a waste since there's not much I would actually use. I was really hoping there'd be a nice neutral blush or maybe a beautypowder. I'm also disappointed there's no makeup bag or brush or any other accessoire. I'm still excited tho and will buy a few things because I'm a huge fan. I'm going to stalk the US site and have the stuff forwarded to me since I haven't heard anything about an international launch date, and even if they release it here, chances are I'll miss out with how fast things usually sell out.
I'd be forever grateful if someone could PM me here or on Instagram when the collection is up. :flowers:

People are already selling the whole collection on ebay. :smokin:

i will message you on ig