MAC X Bao Bao Wan Collection (March 5, 2015)

Dolly Snow

9227bb7f_image.jpeg
c86d5da5_image.jpeg
eb729093_image.jpeg
Decided to try Kashmir Blue today! The color Is beautiful, but the application sucked. The formula is thick and hard to apply. It's fast drying, but it bubbled like crazy. It's sad because it's such a nice blue, but IMO it's not worth the price. IG was a lot easier to work with though and a better choice from this collection if choosing between the two. Hope this helps :flower:
Beautiful color!
I'll place an order by the end of the month once I sort out what starter items should I buy.  Which starter items would you recommend for a newbie, Dolly? :) Does anyone know of dupes (drugstore to mid-end brand) for the three nail polishes? They all look so beautiful but I don't like Mac's nail polish formula.
Depends what you like, imo the liners and lippiestix. The shadows too, oh and the blushes lol. Pick one of each to give them a try. If you'd like you can PM me and we can talk about colors and all that :)

YarahFlower

Nordstrom still has not shipped my order to send transaction!!! I ordered last Thursday!!! :mad: I was buying this collection for my cousins BDAY...but I'm afraid it won't make it to her in time :(

bunnypoet

Just remember they aren't made for the lips so they may be drying. I've used them on clients for fashion show type events so it's usually on and off. Ever try NYX's pigments? I like those too. Their slim lip pencils are FAB! So many colors.
I haven't tried the NYX pigments or slim lip pencils yet but I will definitely check them out. So far I've picked up mainly their face and cheek products and a few lipsticks. The prices are so good (especially relative to MAC and other high-end brands), and the color selection is beautiful.

montREALady

The liners sound amazing! I can't wait to try them. I picked up Milk, Cream Cheese and Lavender for lip mixing, and Lime to use on the eyes. I backed up my Lavender (Macaron) lipstick which is one of my faves. I have NYX face products such as the blushes and I love them. Even among my high-end products, they are in heavy rotation!

I have so many MAC lipsticks that are being neglected because of unflattering undertones; I hope these lip pencils make them more wearable. And since I love my Lavender Jade so much, I want to be able to dupe it once I finish it.

I haven't tried the NYX pigments or slim lip pencils yet but I will definitely check them out. So far I've picked up mainly their face and cheek products and a few lipsticks. The prices are so good (especially relative to MAC and other high-end brands), and the color selection is beautiful.
This is what gets me going back. I mean all that and good products? Sold!

MandyVanHook

I hesitate to say this because I don't want anyone who missed out on Lavender Jade to feel bad, but I am so glad that I was able to snag it during that restock. On my skin tone, it's very different from Dodgy Girl. Much more purple and brighter. It almost glows.

samanthadee1688

I hesitate to say this because I don't want anyone who missed out on Lavender Jade to feel bad, but I am so glad that I was able to snag it during that restock.  On my skin tone, it's very different from Dodgy Girl.  Much more purple and brighter.  It almost glows.   
I'm with you.
769935f9_20150311_113852.jpeg
LJ on the left DG on the right

singer82

Got my LJ! Like you Mandy it's def more purple. They are actually quite different. And I have pigmented lips so DG turns the inside of my lip a funky color. When I tried them side by side on my lips LJ didn't do that so I'm super happy!

DeAnn Smith

I'm still so mad that I got in my head that I wanted to sample Summer Opal in store that I missed out on it. #skippersremorse

samanthadee1688

They are very different on me too. Idk which I prefer lol DG has more white and pink in it. LJ is def more purple and less pink. But come on restock. I hate it when people miss out :(
I think I like lavender jade better but I guess we will see when I actually wear it! This collection was such a p in the a I saw someone selling a pack of the bao bao lipsticks for $149 on instagram and the 3 pigments from Cinderella as a set for $179

DLuxJessica

I had been on a waiting list for LJ at my MAC Pro store (their delivery was delayed) and hadn't heard anything, so I finally called them today, and they were all "Oh yeah, we got it in a limited stock and we sold out in the first twelve people on the list."

I was number fourteen.
th_stormy.gif

singer82

If it wasn't for a lovely specktra member I would be in the same boat. So I really hope there is a restock for everyone. Keep a lookout cause it happens without warning :bigheart: