MAC X Cinderella Collection (March 5, 2015)

Rebellefleur

Hoping its not, though.
sigh.gif
same here.
They could have done so much more.. make it huge with mirror compacts, brushes, makeupbags, more lippies, blushes etc. *lesigh*

miss0annette

same here.
They could have done so much more.. make it huge with mirror compacts, brushes, makeupbags, more lippies, blushes etc. *lesigh*
I don't think mac would do that much. It seems like it's more of a just a collab. with Disney (just like Maleficent) Not like Archie's Girls which was a full on collection for V day. I guess we'll see once we get a color story.

Rebellefleur

I don't think mac would do that much. It seems like it's more of a just a collab. with Disney (just like Maleficent) Not like Archie's Girls which was a full on collection for V day. I guess we'll see once we get a color story.
Thats what I wish they would have done with cinderella=( one of those huge V-day collections.. I guess We're getting Toledo for that.

Yazmin

I like the packaging! The palette looks quite nice and I am curious about that little pot! Maybe a paint pot?? I hope so! :)
Hm, it looks bigger than a paint pot to me. 
My imagination says it's a 'fairy dust' AKA loose shimmer powder.
The packaging is just meh. Nothing "special" about it. They could've done so much more! I'm disappointed yet not surprised (especially after Maleficent). I'll probably still buy them, but that darkest eyeshadow better not be Carbon!
It doesn't look like Carbon, but then again it could be a trick of the filter. I might be interested either way depending on the shades. The packaging color kind reminds of the Brooke Shields packaging.

MACina

It doesn't look like Carbon, but then again it could be a trick of the filter. I might be interested either way depending on the shades. The packaging color kind reminds of the Brooke Shields packaging.
th_e2cloud9.gif
...that would be fantastic!!!!!!!!

I' d love a loose shimmer powder
eyelove.gif

Dolly Snow

My imagination says it's a 'fairy dust' AKA loose shimmer powder. It doesn't look like Carbon, but then again it could be a trick of the filter. I might be interested either way depending on the shades. The packaging color kind reminds of the Brooke Shields packaging.
Loose shimmer powder sounds divine!

retrofox

I love the colors together, very soft and pretty! What I don't like is how unimaginative the packaging is. It looks like they're just promoting the movie, just like what they did with Maleficent. At least with Maleficient, they put the wings on the products, but here they just slapped the name of the movie on and called it a day. I don't believe MAC really had anything to do with it tho. I think when they work with a MAJOR brand such a Disney, they're creative department's hands are tied. I bet Disney gives them very limited options on what they can creatively come up with, like color story, shade names, products, and colors of the packaging. VV was different because it wasn't about a movie, it was about a concept MAC had and Disney let them go with it. I remember reading how MAC creative artists got to explore the Disney vaults and look at multiple drawings of the characters they used. That was Disney allowing them to create a collection with their own hands, altho I'm sure Disney still had a lot of say. But with movie releases such as Maleficent and Cinderella, I think Disney asked who wanted to do the official collection and they went with MAC since they already have a good working relationship. LOL so this is me trying to wrap my brain around the disappointment of the labeling on the package.
wacko.gif
I still love the colors used, that light blue and rose gold together are divine, so I'll still be buying a couple of things :)

erine1881

Shars

I love the colors together, very soft and pretty! What I don't like is how unimaginative the packaging is. It looks like they're just promoting the movie, just like what they did with Maleficent. At least with Maleficient, they put the wings on the products, but here they just slapped the name of the movie on and called it a day. I don't believe MAC really had anything to do with it tho. I think when they work with a MAJOR brand such a Disney, they're creative department's hands are tied. I bet Disney gives them very limited options on what they can creatively come up with, like color story, shade names, products, and colors of the packaging. VV was different because it wasn't about a movie, it was about a concept MAC had and Disney let them go with it. I remember reading how MAC creative artists got to explore the Disney vaults and look at multiple drawings of the characters they used. That was Disney allowing them to create a collection with their own hands, altho I'm sure Disney still had a lot of say. But with movie releases such as Maleficent and Cinderella, I think Disney asked who wanted to do the official collection and they went with MAC since they already have a good working relationship. LOL so this is me trying to wrap my brain around the disappointment of the labeling on the package.
wacko.gif
I still love the colors used, that light blue and rose gold together are divine, so I'll still be buying a couple of things :)
I agree! There are a lot of legal limitations stemming from copyright issues and what not that Disney would stick out for since Cinderella is technically a sub-brand owned Disney.