MAC x Hayley Williams (April 2013)

MaitaiFluff

This is PERFECT for us jellies!!! :nods: I'm NC20 and wear orange lips all the time!
f0ce936e_image.jpeg
Here I'm wearing morange. It's not the same tint as reel sexy, which was a watered down coral. This is gonne be (based on the swatch link) a couple shades lighter than morange. Don't skip it just cuz you're a jelly! :nope:
I think you sold me on any and all oranges. Morange looks very pretty on you.

erine1881

Thanks for this, Erine! I have been on the hunt for a deep red-orange for a while. On me (NC50), Scarlet Ibis and Lady Danger are bright orange reds (you can barely see the red) and I want a red-orange that actually looks red-orange. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!
Definitely check out So Chaud! And depending on how deep you want it, Chili is a burnt red-orange.
That looks awesome on you! What about cool toned jellies? I'm properly pink, not sure I can make orange work...
Thanks! I honestly feel that anyone can pull of oranges. A lot of people who say orange doesn't look good on them, it's more of a confidence thing more than anything. And pairing the rest of the makeup accordingly.
I think you sold me on any and all oranges. Morange looks very pretty on you.
Yay!!! :pompom:

Pinkdollface

I might have to change my opinion on Morange for us palies. I like it on you. I guess it just never felt right for me because when you wear such a bright orange here everyone things of soccer or queen's day etc.
Don't skip it just cuz you're a jelly!
nope.gif

erine1881

I might have to change my opinion on Morange for us palies. I like it on you. I guess it just never felt right for me because when you wear such a bright orange here everyone things of soccer or queen's day etc.
Just make sure to do a nude eye (with a winged liner if you'd like) and a neutral or soft orange cheek and you'll be able to pull it off!

luvlydee

Gorgeous Erine. Morange looks great on you. I didnt like morange. It somehow brought out that shadow/mustache look around my mouth

MissTT

Dark or bright I guess -- I'm trying to branch our from neutrals.
I hear you. I was asking b/c of the recommended orange cheek colour and I was thinking you wouldn't wear that with everything, of course. I struggle trying to style bold lips, too, quite often. I find thickish black liner and a single neutral shadow tends to work well in most cases.

Pinkdollface

I hear you. I was asking b/c of the recommended orange cheek colour and I was thinking you wouldn't wear that with everything, of course. I struggle trying to style bold lips, too, quite often. I find thickish black liner and a single neutral shadow tends to work well in most cases.
I also do neutral eyes and/or black liner with bold lips, but once I'm used to the colour and get a better feeling for it I try different things. I'm currently really liking purple, red or pink lips with a turquoise eyeliner or even a red eyeliner with red lips (I have a really pretty shimmery red and turquoise liner from MUFE). I also have worn Ronnie Red with a darker purple eye and I liked it a lot. Just try some stuff at home and wear it inside to see if you like it and just have to get used to it.

erine1881

I also do neutral eyes and/or black liner with bold lips, but once I'm used to the colour and get a better feeling for it I try different things. I'm currently really liking purple, red or pink lips with a turquoise eyeliner or even a red eyeliner with red lips (I have a really pretty shimmery red and turquoise liner from MUFE). I also have worn Ronnie Red with a darker purple eye and I liked it a lot. Just try some stuff at home and wear it inside to see if you like it and just have to get used to it.
Definitely a turquoise liner with an orange/coral lips! :nods:

MissTT

Hmmm, I have turquoise liner/shadow... It would take me a lot to wear those combos though. I certainly couldn't wear them to the office. (Or, I guess, wouldn't.) I haven't even been able to figure out how to wear the turquoise on the weekends. When I finally created a decent eye look I couldn't figure out what clothes looked good with it. Hard to explain, but usually my clothes are attention getting enough. I tend not to do that with makeup. It would be a paradigm shift for sure.

singer82

Hmmm, I have turquoise liner/shadow... It would take me a lot to wear those combos though. I certainly couldn't wear them to the office. (Or, I guess, wouldn't.) I haven't even been able to figure out how to wear the turquoise on the weekends. When I finally created a decent eye look I couldn't figure out what clothes looked good with it. Hard to explain, but usually my clothes are attention getting enough. I tend not to do that with makeup. It would be a paradigm shift for sure.
When I'm wearing a bold lip and want some color on my eyes I'll just put a bright liner just on the lower lash line with a neutral eye.

erine1881

Just wear black and let your makeup be the attention!
When I'm wearing a bold lip and want some color on my eyes I'll just put a bright liner just on the lower lash line with a neutral eye.
Yup yup! :nods: