MAC x Rocky Horror Picture Show Collection (Oct 2, 2014)

Periodinan

Glad to see I'm not alone anymore with my opinion but I'm also happy that so many DO like the packaging and that their expectations are met. I don't mind skipping this one. More cash for THE MATTES. Yes, Capital Matte.
flower.gif
MATTES
yahoo.gif

pinkpaint

Glad to see I'm not alone anymore with my opinion but I'm also happy that so many DO like the packaging and that their expectations are met. I don't mind skipping this one. More cash for THE MATTES. Yes, Capital Matte.
flower.gif
Yeah, I think if I was actually a fan of the movie I'd like it more. But I'm glad everyone who does love it isn't disappointed. And yes, all my fall $ is going toward Riri 2, Nasty Gal, and The Mattes. It's gonna be a good year
amuse.gif

Periodinan

Me, neither. But there was also nothing in that collection that I wanted. Only lipstick I'm curious to see is Deep Love. Hoping the raspberry from The Mattes can replace it.
Yep, I'm interested in Deep Love and Sahara - if it is not too close in color to Brick-O-La although a matte version of Brick-O-La would also be cool. ;)

Vineetha

I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I think it looks a bit crowded, especially the compact packaging for some reason.
Befor I could actually make up my mind, the actual post was removed.. Now I am having hard time concentrating on that pic, so i really dont know how it looks...
greengrin.gif

Vineetha

I have a pass too, but the pigment is still a big skip a roo! Lol
I meant I am on that No pigment train too!
girlhaha.gif
I dont get individual pigments too but I do usually pickup the holiday sets with smaller vials. Those last long for me and I get to check out the shades too!
heart.gif

NaomiH

It is hard for MAC to create something that looks better than the AA packaging... IMO. Loved that one :heart:
That packaging was beautiful indeed. I'm just a bit of a minimalist and my favourite packagings have been the Temp Rising and VGR packaging. It's simple and yet really beautiful at the same time. I'd love to see that packaging in purple, teal, a dark emerald green and maybe a deep blue among other colours. I also really loved the lippy tube from Divine Nights that just had the bit of gold added to them.

NaomiH

I meant I am on that No pigment train too! :haha: I dont get individual pigments too but I do usually pickup the holiday sets with smaller vials. Those last long for me and I get to check out the shades too! :heart:  
I have such an ungodly amount of pigments that I just can't add anymore to my stash without either giving away or finishing some first in and remain in good conscience. Lol

lipstickaddict

That packaging was beautiful indeed. I'm just a bit of a minimalist and my favourite packagings have been the Temp Rising and VGR packaging. It's simple and yet really beautiful at the same time. I'd love to see that packaging in purple, teal, a dark emerald green and maybe a deep blue among other colours. I also really loved the lippy tube from Divine Nights that just had the bit of gold added to them.
I love packaging that is minimalist too--the Pedro packaging with the matte black and gold was absolutely stunning. Same with Divine nights! Simple but beautiful.

I must admit that I did go gaga over the AA packaging too because I love turquoise.

Not too sure about the running blood packaging here---I love Rocky Horror, but I don't know if I can get on board with it LOL

Periodinan

Agreed, those were beautiful as well. Sadly I was not into MAC back then so I don't own any item of these LEs :(
I was hoping for the MoodyBlooms LE to have some special packaging in green but - as we all know - it turned out to only look green in the pictures.
I liked the Pedro one as well as that one was quite similar to the Divine Nights packaging.
Maybe tomorrow I'll buy something from the Divine Night LE if they still have the lippie there (was kinda confused, bec some weeks ago I've seen it at that MAC counter but it could also be that they just have it as a tester - wouldn't know whey they'd do something like that though).
... so much for #TEAMNOBUYJULY
lol.gif

NaomiH

I love packaging that is minimalist too--the Pedro packaging with the matte black and gold was absolutely stunning. Same with Divine nights! Simple but beautiful. I must admit that I did go gaga over the AA packaging too because I love turquoise. Not too sure about the running blood packaging here---I love Rocky Horror, but I don't know if I can get on board with it LOL
Oh yes, I loved the Pedro packaging too! I think it'd look better if they just did the lips with the MAC logo or something. Those red lips are so well recognized that I don't think anyone would be confused as to what collection it was from if it only had the lips. Everything else looks fine to me I guess because they're more elongated so it doesn't look so cluttered? They really outdid themselves on that AA packaging I do agree.

NaomiH

Agreed, those were beautiful as well. Sadly I was not into MAC back then so I don't own any item of these LEs :( I was hoping for the MoodyBlooms LE to have some special packaging in green but - as we all know - it turned out to only look green in the pictures. I liked the Pedro one as well as that one was quite similar to the Divine Nights packaging. Maybe tomorrow I'll buy something from the Divine Night LE if they still have the lippie there (was kinda confused, bec some weeks ago I've seen it at that MAC counter but it could also be that they just have it as a tester - wouldn't know whey they'd do something like that though). ... so much for #TEAMNOBUYJULY :lol:
I was hoping Moody Blooms had that packaging too and was rather sad when it turned out to just be the black. Not that I dislike black, I LOVE black, but it looked green in the pics and I was sad to see it turned out to not be. Lol

NaomiH

Random, but I'm fixing to head up to the MAC store to get blush inserts for my palette and was wondering if you can de-pot the ED blushes. I know mineralize is a big no-no but can't remember if ED falls in that same category or not. Thanks in advance!