Macy's MAC counter Return Policy

amoona

We have been getting a lot stricter with returns and exchanges in the region. Customers have been really abusing it and I'm certainly not saying that you were.

It's just that we have been refusing returns and exchanges for items that are used based on the fact that we can't resell those products. NO we NEVER resell products that are returned or exchanged but if its not in a condition that it can be resold in then it's considered over used. I hope that makes sense.

jasmine610

Ok this makes me mad, I hope you went back there and were able to return it. I work at macy's and out return policy is 180 days whether it was used or not (that is of course if most of it wasn't used). Just tell them to call a manager down next time, Macy's is all about customer service and I've never seen one of our managers turn down a return, especially if you had the receipt.

noahlowryfan

this has almost been a year ago. i did went back and was able to return it. please someone please closed this thread.

mrsmanzanox3

I know this thread is so old but I have a question and don't know where else to post it

I went to my local MAC Counter at Macy's today and I just found out I can return used items. For some reason I thought I was stuck with it if I didn't have a receipt or the box (which I don't) but she told me as long as I have the card I originally purchased with that I can return the items.
Now I'm sitting here with these 9 items that are probably past 90 days (no receipt/no box).

1 lipliner
3 LE lipsticks
1 discontinued lipstick
4 perm lipsticks

After reading that they toss it i feel terrible about returning but with am I gonna do with all these damn lipsticks
001_unsure.gif

And what's worse is that for some items I purchased with a gift card which I tossed after it was used up.
I have no idea what to do - I just really hate returning things
th_dunno.gif

Dolly Snow

I know this thread is so old but I have a question and don't know where else to post it I went to my local MAC Counter at Macy's today and I just found out I can return used items. For some reason I thought I was stuck with it if I didn't have a receipt or the box (which I don't) but she told me as long as I have the card I originally purchased with that I can return the items.  Now I'm sitting here with these 9 items that are probably past 90 days (no receipt/no box).  1 lipliner 3 LE lipsticks 1 discontinued lipstick  4 perm lipsticks After reading that they toss it i feel terrible about returning but with am I gonna do with all these damn lipsticks :unsure: And what's worse is that for some items I purchased with a gift card which I tossed after it was used up.  I have no idea what to do - I just really hate returning things :dunno:
As far as I know you can't return without a box. There is a Macy's return label which all Macy's need to return items.

mrsmanzanox3

As far as I know you can't return without a box. There is a Macy's return label which all Macy's need to return items.
Thats what I thought too!!
But she assured me I only needed the card I made the purchase with.
I just don't want to go and get turned away. I've had a bad experience at Sephora (long story) and now I just stay away from the whole returning items ordeal

Has anyone else made returns without receipts or the box?

Dolly Snow

Thats what I thought too!!  But she assured me I only needed the card I made the purchase with.  I just don't want to go and get turned away. I've had a bad experience at Sephora (long story) and now I just stay away from the whole returning items ordeal  Has anyone else made returns without receipts or the box? 
Without receipts it is fine as long as you have the card. I'm friends with a MAC inside Macy's manager and i just texted her and she said returning without a box is impossible because without the return label there is no way to tell you bought it from Macy's. But if this one girl lets you, do it before someone tells you no.

mrsmanzanox3

Without receipts it is fine as long as you have the card. I'm friends with a MAC inside Macy's manager and i just texted her and she said returning without a box is impossible because without the return label there is no way to tell you bought it from Macy's. But if this one girl lets you, do it before someone tells you no.
Thanks Dolly! I'm going straight to the same girl tomorrow. I hope I don't get turned away

Dolly Snow

Thanks Dolly! I'm going straight to the same girl tomorrow. I hope I don't get turned away
Yes go straight to her. Don't be afraid. You can exchange product for product. So if there are other shades you want, instead of those. Or it'll get put on a gift card that you can use all over Macy's.