Make Up For Cosmetic Counter Interview

pinktraits

If I were you I'd try and find out which counter you actually have an interview with for a couple reasons, 1.) You'll have to know where to go when you arrive, and 2.) if you turn up dressed in the MAC uniform and you're interviewing with Benefit or what have you, it probably wouldn't bode well. Perhaps you could wear a white buttun up top instead? That way if it is for a different counter than what you prefer then you just look dressed up, but if you do happen to land an interview with MAC it would still give them an idea of how you can pull off a (mainly) black outfit.
Makeup wise I think a day time smokey eye would worth. Depending on your hair color it could either be a brown or blue smokey eye and still not be too dark for day time. And although it seems popular to pair a smokey eye with a nude lip, I'd say going with a nice pinky brown (like Lightly Ripe) or a soft pink (like Bombshell). I've just never gotten the whole nude lip with a dark eye, always makes me think the look is only partialy done.
smiles.gif

strickers

oh, it just sounded like you repeated your first post again after you got a response, and kinda negated everything the poster had suggested, that's all.

pinktraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkkvintage
nope. i actually answered the questions she asked and replied to what she said and no where did i negate my first post
she gave me her opinion on make up and i told her that was pretty much what i was thinking
but thanks for your input hun

I actually hadn't asked any questions. I went back to check to see if I misplaced a question mark, I didn't. Maybe you misunderstood, I dunno.
Anyway, you did sort of come off as argumentitive to me. I hadn't said anything about you not being happy with any makeup counter yet you jumped to the defensive on the subject as though I had.
Also, I mentioned you maybe not wanting to dress in all black for the average cosmetics counter because they may think you definitely wanted the MAC counter and may feel second fiddle. But, you know, wear what you want, you obviously already made up your mind.
greengrin.gif

pinkkvintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
I actually hadn't asked any questions. I went back to check to see if I misplaced a question mark, I didn't. Maybe you misunderstood, I dunno.
Anyway, you did sort of come off as argumentitive to me. I hadn't said anything about you not being happy with any makeup counter yet you jumped to the defensive on the subject as though I had.
Also, I mentioned you maybe not wanting to dress in all black for the average cosmetics counter because they may think you definitely wanted the MAC counter and may feel second fiddle. But, you know, wear what you want, you obviously already made up your mind.
greengrin.gif

i didnt realize it came off that way im sorry
i was just explaining why i didnt know what counter telling you what color hair i have and agreeing with what you thought i should do with my make up. sorry if i came off like that. didnt mean to