Make-up help for a wedding!!!! [with pics]

Laurie

Hey everyone.. One of my boyfriend's friends is getting married this weekend.. And for some reason.. I can't, for the life of me, decide how to do my makeup! I'm possibly leaning towards a smoky, slightly arabic inspired eye with Amber Lights, Soot and Vanilla.. But it seems so boring to me! Any help would be grateful.. E.L.F included!! I've included pics of the dress.. Sorry for the poor quality, I just took quick pics with my phone.. I couldn't find one online!! Pleaseee help!!!

IMG00179-20100816-2217.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...00816-2217.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/f...00816-2216.jpg

And for reference, I'll be using a gold clutch and goldy/tan shoes! [I'm a matchy matchy kind of girl.. But, I'm open to mu suggestions!]

Ms.Lulu

Beautiful dress! I would probably do some gold with brown eye makeup, that would be really pretty. Not too much gold though, or it could definitely look too matchy-matchy, maybe just add some gold in the inner corner of the eyes and do the rest as a brown smokey eye.

Good luck and have fun!

kaliraksha

Pretty dress, love the back and the gold in it. I would probably do something grey... either matte or luster for the eyes. I'm a big fan of mixing neutral shades. Is the wedding during the day or night?

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Pretty dress, love the back and the gold in it. I would probably do something grey... either matte or luster for the eyes. I'm a big fan of mixing neutral shades. Is the wedding during the day or night?

I was actually thinking the grey!!.. Soot is a matte grey colour.. And I tried it with Amber Lights and it looked pretty!.. Soo.. Possibly.. It's starting at half 4 in the afternoon.. It's actually the reception and not the actual wedding [that's taking place before with just family].. We will be there til later in the night though.. If that makes a difference.. I played around today with Cocomotion/Sunnydaze/Amber Lights/Gilt by Association/Cranberry and Vanilla.. But it just didn't pop the way I wanted it!

Thank you!

kaliraksha

I think soot and amber lights sounds so pretty. There is this designer on HGTV named Candice Olson (well she's Canandian so I bet she has a few shows in CA too) and some of her most sophisticated rooms are sultry and dreamy and always silver, grey, brown, golds, and neutrals. It just works! Also, because this isn't a morning wedding and goes into the evening the darker colors like graphic greys are more suitable, IMO.

What are you thinking about for your hair?

Laurie

Hmm.. Well.. I'm not from the States
tong.gif
.. But I do get HGTV, so I know who you're talking about!.. Her designs really are beautiful! Yup.. I know I can go a bit darker because of the timing..

As for hair, I honestly have no idea.. I don't ever style my hair.. Just wash and air dry.. It's pretty long.. Sooo.. I have many options.. But I've never been big on doing too much with it.. Any suggestions1?