Make-Up with SPF.

Onederland

Alrighty, So im looking for a foundation that has SPF, yes theres alot on the market. But I want your opinion.

I love my GA LSF dearly, but as Summer comes around, i tend to get more oily. And the LSF is a little too much for me during the summer. After all, when I go to the beach, I know i dont want a full face.

I've tried Becca, which has SPF 28+, and I love that too. But I need other suggestions.

Anyone try Stila Illuminating Powder? Im intruged...hahahaha...

Shieseido and Clarins make good SPF Make-Up I hear, how about those?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

P.S. if you could suggest a tinted lipblam with SPF also, Id love you forever.
greengrin.gif

moonrevel

For some reason, I think just about every foundation with an SPF in it I've ever purchased is from Clinique...must be something about the white lab coats and the medicinal green packagaing which just screams SPF, hehe. When in the mood for very light coverage, I go for the Almost Makeup SPF 15, and if I want a bit more, I get the Superbalanced Compact Makeup SPF 20. I've liked both of them fairly equally, and Clinique's foundations have never made me break out, which for me is always a plus.

As for the tinted SPF lipbalm, if you can still get your hands on MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner sticks, those are really nice and come in a good color selection.

Jillith

I loathe foundation except for powder fdn, and mineral powders tend to have good spf due to titanium dioxide. I can't offer any recs for liquid fdn with spf. But really is best to wear a true sunscreen under your fdn whether it has spf or not. Sunscreen needs to be applied evenly all over to be effective, and most of us do not apply our fdn that way. Plus what about your neck, chest, etc? Neutrogena makes some good non-greasy sunscreens, this one is a favorite of mine and it gets good reviews in general:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...&a mp;tab=1#1

I also like aveeno skin brightening spf 15. Recently bought the shiseido spf 55 but haven't tried it out yet so I don't know how greasy it is yet. It can be tough to find a sunscreen that sinks in well and doesn''t leave you too slick.

Oh, and some products will have an spf rating but not protect against uva rays which cause cancer and wrinkles. You have to read ingredient lists to know if you have broad spectrum coverage and are protected against uva rays. In the US the only ingredients that have broad spectrum protection are avobenzone (aka parsol 1789), zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide. In Europe there is an ingredient called mexoryl (something like that) that gives broad spectrum protection, but it is not FDA approved yet.

As for lipbalm with spf, almay pure tints are a nice inexpensive option. Hemp organics makes some good tinted balms with spf, too. and they're about $5 each. I've found them at health food stores like Whole Foods. I really love Prada's tinted balms with spf. The berry, #4, is my favorite color. I love the teeny tiny tubes these come in. They take up almost no space in your makeup bag or pocket.

Good for you for taking care of your skin. Broad spectrum SPF is the best thing you can do to keep your skin pretty and healthy.
thmbup.gif

mac_obsession

Id try Bare Escentuals...The concealer (bisque) has spf 20, and the foundation also has spf 15 (fair/light). I have extremely bad reactions to the sun, so I use coppertones spray sunscreen (it sprays no rubbing in, and dries immediately) then follow with foundation or vice versa. (depends on my mood) BE foundation is amazing, powder, and stays put
greengrin.gif
You might want to search the board for discussions on it, they will help as well I think.

As far as lip balm goes, I have to agree with Jillith Pradas lip balms are really nice, as well as MAC's lip conditioner with spf15. Im not sure if the chubby sticks have spf or not, mine seem to be MIA at the moment!

PnkCosmo

Shiseido Fluid Foundation has a semi-matte finish and looks very natural on. I think it'd be great for summer!

devilzwind

my favorite summer tinted moisturizer is origins nude and improved. coverage is fairly light, SPF is broad spectrum and it smells very summery, like oranges! LOVE this. also for a tinted lip balm with SPF, definitely MAC tinted lip conditioners. both pot and stick have SPF. pot is more moisturizing but stick is handier, my favorites are fuschia fix, petting pink, mon cherry.

Jillith

I have road tested my new shiseido spf 55 for face and body and it is awesome! not at all greasy but still moisturizing. soaks right in. has micronized zinc oxide so you are well protected (a physical rather than chemical barrier) but it doesn't smother your skin like some ZO sunscreens do. Very highly recommended!!
thmbup.gif

rouquinne

anything less than spf 30 is not giving you adequate sun protection at this time of year if you live in the Northern Hemisphere.

i wear spf 15 from November through March only.

foreveratorifan

Yeah, I live in Iowa and I always use 30SPF for my lotion and then just whatever foundations I love.. ...which usually has SPF 15 in it....

Latest posts