Makeup for Dry Skin?

I have very dry skin. All of my face, except for my nose is dry. I've used several kinds of foundations. I've used Almay, Covergirl clean makeup, Rimmel London 25 hour foundation, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, and I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry Skin, but I bought it in the wrong shade(oops). I find the makeup to look cakey after a while. I also end up with flakeyness every time. But that could just be cuz of the powder I put on top of it. I put moisturizer on before I apply it. I need a makeup with good coverage since I have bright red post acne marks that are very hard to cover. I also have enlarged pores on my nose and right next to my nose on both sides, as well as my forehead, and I have yet to find a makeup that covers them. Does anyone know any good kinds of makeup that would help with all this? Please and thank you.

Hey there, I have the opposite problem! My nose gets quite dry and like you, looks cakey when I apply powder or foundation. Have you tried using tinted moisturiser (if I recall, Neutrogena was pretty good)? It may be a good undercoat for foundation and may help reduce redness.

I's love to be able to use tinted moisturizer, but it won't do a thing to cover my post acne marks. Just yesterday I started using this tattoo concealer(which is for the face as well) to cover them and it actually does.

banana1234

i have had an ongoing problem with dry skin with foundation to the point that in the winter i couldnt wear any

the only foundation i have found that doesnt show all the flakes is expensive but to me worth every penny

chanel vitalumiere, the regular one, not the aqua one..

the only thing i'd ask is how pale ru? cos im not that pale, but the palest chanel vitalumiere is a little dark for me in the winter, but i wear it anyway!

PeppermintMocha

I have to suggest the NARS Sheer Glow. My makeup usually looks flakey and cakey when I wear liquid foundation, so I tend to avoid it. But, when I tried NARS Sheer Glow, it gives such a natural finish and doesn't emphasize any dry patches, if you let it set in for a while. Plus, this foundation stays on your skin perfectly well without the use of powder! Double plus! Many have said the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation is a good dupe for this - I somewhat agree with that. The finish is just not the same. Yet, they are very similar.