Makeup for MAC interview?

Zoffe

What makeup would you wear for a MAC interview? =]

I guess I've started thinking about it too much! It's like nothing is good enough, lol... I had tons of ideas to begin with!
winks.gif

MzzRach

After seeing many of your FOTD's, I do not think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. You obviously have excellent skills, and MAC embraces all kinds of looks.

Good luck on your interview!

Esperanza

I'd suggest you go for a simple eye-makeup (like a nude e/s and a bit of eyeliner) and very strong & red lips, it would be perfect with your skin tone and hair color. If you're planning on wearing black clothes, definitely go for the red lips, it suits you so well! When do you have your interview btw?

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
After seeing many of your FOTD's, I do not think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. You obviously have excellent skills, and MAC embraces all kinds of looks.

Good luck on your interview!

Thank you so much!
smiles.gif

I just have to find a look that shows my "skills" :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
I'd suggest you go for a simple eye-makeup (like a nude e/s and a bit of eyeliner) and very strong & red lips, it would be perfect with your skin tone and hair color. If you're planning on wearing black clothes, definitely go for the red lips, it suits you so well! When do you have your interview btw?

Thanks for the suggestions!
smiles.gif
I'm so tempted to do bright lips but I feel like that's such an easy look and I kinda wanna show that I can do more
smiles.gif

My interview is on Tuesday! I'm soooo excited!
smiles.gif

MzzRach

If you feel like doing bright lips is taking the "easy way" - do one of your multilayered eye looks. I LOVE the blue/violet one you posted recently - super hot!

nico

I love all the looks you've done in the past but there was one look I really really liked .You were wearing Melon,Evening Aura,Expensive Pink on the lid and Humid in crease .Can you remember it
tong.gif
Anyway good luck with the interview.I'm sure you will get the job.

Jinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoffe
Thank you so much!
smiles.gif

smiles.gif

Which counter are you applying for? Magasin, Århus? How exciting
th_DANCE.gif

You'll do great no matter what you wear. All your looks are much better than 90% of the MAC MAs in this country.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoffe
Thanks for the suggestions!
smiles.gif
I'm so tempted to do bright lips but I feel like that's such an easy look and I kinda wanna show that I can do more
smiles.gif

smiles.gif

Don't forget that you can show your makeup skills during the interview as well
winks.gif
But I'm sure whatever you do, it's gonna be just fine! I wish you all the best for Tuesday then, let us know how it goes
clapping.gif
urock.gif
clapping.gif

SNOTCROW

I'd definitely say go with something like what you've posted in the FOTD-section, IE be yourself. If you had some muted neutral eyeshadow there will some surprises for your co-workers in the future..
winks.gif

We all know you'll get the job based on your FOTD's!

Lycka till!
thmbup.gif

darkbeauty27

When I interviewed, I made sure that I showcased my skills in the look I chose. I didn't play it safe and I went with something that would make me stand out a bit, especially with my eye makeup. Remember, MAC will require you to use all different shades and looks while on the job. So just make sure you show your skills and impress them.
smiles.gif
You will do great.

Amaranth

It's also probably a good idea to show that you are up-to-date with fall trends. I.e. The big thing right now is the whole bold eyes plus bold lips. I would check out Cult of Cherry facecharts and maybe even the fashion week details on the Mac Pro website. That way you can show how great you are at make-up, but it'll give you that extra edge if you can show them that you're interested in trends and learning new styles.

Ruby_Woo

I agree first impressions are important, I would do the current collection, or the fall trend. Either way be confident, read up the threads here and best of luck to you
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

^^^ I agree. Keeping up with the trends and the latests collections can show your knowledge of what is fashionable, and MAC is definitely a fashion-forward brand.

Being yourself is key. If you like bright colors, wear your best bright look. But also keep in mind that this is a job interview, so don't look a hot mess (I'm sure you won't...
smiles.gif
)

Honestly, I'd say don't do the smokey eye/ nude lip combo. I don't feel like that'd stand out unless you added a little pizzazz and personality to it.

HTH

glamourgirl216

i agree!
i would also recommend u wear colors that look like the newest launch on counter, so they can see that u are aware of all the happenings with MAC.
and if ur unsure on how dramatic to go, my suggestion would be to go see how the current employees wear their makeup. i say this because when i interviewed for MAC i tried going in with different looks depending on which location i was interviewing for. some counters wear a more "beauty culture" type of look, which is very polished/natural looking "red carpet" type of makeup. and there are other counters that are more extravagant or dramatic with their makeup. it all depends on the store's demographic.
u still want to do YOU, but keep in mind that u want them to invision u as a part of their team.
and yes DO wear 100% Black clothing!
be yourself, ur makeup skills rock! show them ur passion for the art & how u would love to teach others. their really big on teaching
winks.gif

DirtyPlum

show them ur style and talent...
show them a current trend...
show them something from a current collection...
whatever you choose to do, believe in it to enable yourself to be able to talk abt it and tell em why u went for that look. tell them how and why it rocks for you therefore how it works for the customer.

gosh hope that made sense??