Makeup gig coming up next week. Clueless on how to deliver what she wants. Help?

ashley8119

I am doing makeup on a girl with olive skin and warm undertones (she is Puerto Rican). She has brown eyes, and medium brown hair. She is a very beautiful and exotic looking girl. However, she has very androgynous features. She wants a look that isn't so natural that it looks like there is no makeup on, she wants some drama, and she wants to look soft and feminine but with some drama. She is actually a model for my portfolio that I am starting, and every other model I've worked on lately, I know exactly what to do with them as soon as I see them. However, this one is a bit of a challenge.
Any suggestions for a soft, feminine yet dramatic look? I'm stumped.
th_confused_new.gif

Holla26

i would do like a bronzey smokey eye and build up to what ever level of drama she is comfortable with

Ziya

maybe a little tiny baby wing on the liner to give the eyes a nice doe like appearance, full set of flasies, contour the face and give her a nice peachy glow ( MAC peaches blush=love) glossy full lips and highlight!!!! I love a nice irridescent look...a tiny bit of highlight in a crescent shape on her cheekbones, a lit bit down the bridge of the nose, and a pinch above her cupids bow...spray with fix+ and it looks SUPERnatural! HTH and good luck!
winkiss.gif

I definitely agree with holla26. I was thinking that you can't go wrong with a bronzey look, kind of like the ones Beyonce has been wearing lately. Then add some drama with a smokey liner. I love the Kim Kardashian look that Troy Jensen did for the debut of Season 3 of Meet the Kardashians. Play up her exotic features by making the eyes sultry, but the cheeks and lips dewy and soft. TROY JENSEN: Sexy Make-Up

K&T Makeup

I agree with the bronzy look and do fuller lashes. Sometimes when they want that natural yet dramatic look the lashes can set it off. I would do a nice bronzey eye with a natural peach cheek and maybe a slightly thicker eyeshadow line and I would do a nude lip color and add gloss. I have a mirror with me to let my models see what they look like and they have always loved it. Sometimes you just have to go with what you are feeling.

aeni

Avoid filling in her brows too much if possible. She could end up looking like a drag queen is she's so androgynous looking!