Makeup Show 2007 and IMATS 2007

martygreene

well, I know that TPG's already announced that The Makeup Show next year will occurr in the wintertime in Miami, and then again in it's usual late spring/early summer slot in NYC!

sarabethykins

I was at the makeup show last weekend...was anyone else there??
smiles.gif
What did you think...and did anyone attend the workshops? To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed...it was good for visibility and such...but geesh this industry is full of know-it-alls that don't really know much in my opinion. I guess it's all about talking up how good you are to make people believe it. Oh well...I went with my mom and had fun...also spent way too much money on my things for my kit...yay for write offs! hehe. Does anyone have pics from the show?

lilchocolatema

I went to the Makeup Show and had an awesome time. I met lots of artists and networked alot. I took the class with Billy B., it was VERY informative!

ChrisChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Well here's an... interesting bit of news. IMATS LA this year won't be in it's usual building, but rather will be in a giant tent OUTSIDE, on top of the underground parking lot.

All I have to say is I hope to g-d they have some method of cooling the darn thing. Not just for our sakes, but for the sake of all the vendors' product!

REALLY? Wow, great decision there. That should interesting to see.
hmm.gif

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabethykins
I was at the makeup show last weekend...was anyone else there??
smiles.gif
What did you think...and did anyone attend the workshops? To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed...it was good for visibility and such...but geesh this industry is full of know-it-alls that don't really know much in my opinion. I guess it's all about talking up how good you are to make people believe it. Oh well...I went with my mom and had fun...also spent way too much money on my things for my kit...yay for write offs! hehe. Does anyone have pics from the show?

I went to the makeup show in NYC and it was way better than last year.
More people and counters. It is getting bigger.
smiles.gif

I didn't have the time unfortunately to assist to the workshops but made really good deals and got a lot of discounts!
cheerleader.gif

Next year, I will spend more time there for sure.
I wish that I could go to the LA one!

lilchocolatema

By the way...I posted the look that Billy B. did at the Master Workshop in the Women of Color Forum!!! Check it out, you will all probably pick up a tip or two!

iamheartcore

I went! I enjoyed my stay! Luckily I have relatives that live in Eagle Rock (about 10 minutes away from Pasadena) so I stayed in L.A. the entire weekend.

I bought a bunch of stuff! I didn't take so many pictures because I was busy looking at other things. I did observe Taylor in placing make-up on asian faces, which is beneficial for me since 90% of my clients are asian.

Anyway, here are my pictures.

http://flickr.com/photos/imheartcore...7600474928120/