Mascara Recommendations - POST ALL HERE

ForgetRegret

You may want to consider a lash primer, too. It'll boost the effects of whatever mascara you get...and I don't know if they have it at Ulta, but I'm in love with BadGal lash...three coats of that stuff, and it looks like I've got falsies on.
greengrin.gif

Skin*Deep

Chanel, chanel, chanel. I don't think they have it at ulta though....? EXCEPTIONNEL DE CHANEL...I layer it on and get accused of fake eyelashes everytime! that's how thick it makes them!

pdtb050606

I'm all for the cult fave Diorshow, people constantly ask me if I'm wearing falsies..but it's not @ Ulta- you can get it @ Sephora though
smiles.gif

xBubblegum

I have really short and thin lashes too and I use Rimmel's sexy curves mascara (not waterproof) and then L'Oreal's telescopic mascara. It makes my lashes way longer and thickness.

cetati

DiorShow Iconic is amaaaaazing. Especially layered with DiorShow Blackout but that's not a requirement.

FiestyFemme

I love CG Lash Blast... since trying it, I haven't found anything I liked better (including Diorshow and TF Lash Injection!).

LindaP

Re: Mascara Newbie-Best mascara to help keep eyelashes curled?

I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but just a quick question based on the rec's everyone's beeng offering ....

Why is the shu uemera curler so good? As compared to others, i've heard that it is but never know why?

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaP
I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but just a quick question based on the rec's everyone's beeng offering ....

Why is the shu uemera curler so good? As compared to others, i've heard that it is but never know why?

Hi LindaP, the Shu is so popular because it doesn't tug on your eyelids and provides an instant curl. The cost is high but it performs very well compared to drugstore curlers, however you have to replace the black pad after a while. It comes with the curler so it's not so bad. If you're ever traveling overseas (especially Asia), they have these kits (1 small and 1 big shu) for sale very cheap. I picked one shu up in HKG for $12USD no tax. Or if you have a Lancome outlet nearby, they're selling the gold version for $10 bucks.

LindaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
they have these kits (1 small and 1 big shu) for sale very cheap. I picked one shu up in HKG for $12USD no tax. Or if you have a Lancome outlet nearby, they're selling the gold version for $10 bucks.

There's a lancome store at the premium outlets in nearby Round Rock, I have to make sure & check that place out. I've been debating about purchasing a shu from Sephora for weeks now, but keep needing other things to fill the budget. I definitely gonna have to put it on my must buy list -- i keep pushing it down cuz i kept seeing it as luxe item

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaP
There's a lancome store at the premium outlets in nearby Round Rock, I have to make sure & check that place out. I've been debating about purchasing a shu from Sephora for weeks now, but keep needing other things to fill the budget. I definitely gonna have to put it on my must buy list -- i keep pushing it down cuz i kept seeing it as luxe item

I know what you mean. There's always SOMETHING on that "need" list =). Good luck with the lancome outlet store!

Melissa Piccanta

Dior Show in Black in waterproof formulation.
I normally do not wear waterproofs, nut the usual formula of Dior Show was too heavy to hold the curl. Waterproof mascara made a miracle for me!

49747eb37442.jpg

LindaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Piccanta
Dior Show in Black in waterproof formulation.

Your lashes look awesome ... so LIFTED!

ThePowderPuff

I have hopelessly stubborn and short eyelashes and can't even get eyelash curlers to work. But YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils makes an nice soft curl on my lashes without using a curler.

darae

I feel your pain (asian with stubby lashes) I use L'Oreal Voluminous. I apply false lashes most of the time and always have to make sure my lashes are curled and hidden (and stay that way!)

I started using gossmakeupartist's tip where you apply a really thin layer of waterproof, wait until its completely dry, curl and then apply more mascara.

And this works! seriously I was pretty surprised and I use the regular old Revlon eyelash curler.

kaitlynnm

I agree with darae that gossmakeupartist's trick for lashes works wonders to lock in curl! I also want to mention that I personally prefer Tarte's lash curler to Shu's. It gives my lashes more lift and I'm actually able to position the top against my lid, which I cannot do with the Shu curler. It probably has to do with the shape and size of my eyes. As far as mascara goes, I've yet to find a decent replacement for Max Factor Volume Couture and 2000 Calorie Extreme. These were solid gold HGs for me. I've recently tried out CG lash blast length & volume, Boots No 7 Max Volume, Voluminous (this has always been too runny for my taste), & Maybelline XXL Pro Volume. The XXL Pro Volume is decent, but I'm not in love with it. I'm now using L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon topped with Fresh Supernova.