Masquerade (AU)

metal_romantic

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone else has used Masquerade products (Australian brand). They make theatrical and special effects makeup as well as "normal" makeup. Can anyone give me any recommendations? I've used some of the theatrical makeup but was thinking of buying some eyeshadow palettes and other everyday makeup items. Thanks
smiles.gif

Brie

i have only tried their foundations and powders, i use it on a daily basis for about 6months (or more) and i haven't even broken out ore than normal. Which i was expecting.
I am going to start a pallet of their matte shadows i think!

metal_romantic

Thanks!

Has anyone tried their eyeshadows? I only have one. It's matte black and it's really... not good. The colour payoff is poor. One the Vogue forums some people raved about the colour payoff (different colours) though, so I'm wondering whether to give them another chance and try a different colour. I can't compare their theatrical makeup to any other brands, but when I use them I could post pics of my work if anyone is interested. I will be creating a bruised eye, cuts, burns, and aging.

metal_romantic

I can't buy them here in Adelaide... I bought mine from eBay.

I don't know how many grams are in the items (eyeshadows, blush etc.) as it doesn't say on the website and I emailed them to ask and they never responded. *sulks*

Does anybody know how many grams are in their shadows and blushes?

rockin26

Cool! I like Kryolan for Theatrical and SPFX and they have allot of product you can use as everyday makeup and pretty reasonable prices too.

tana2210

i facepaint for a living and use both grimas and kryloan both are awsome and i have never had any kids have reactions which i often have parents worry about (bad experiances with cheapy brands and cruddy unhygienic painters)

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tana2210
i facepaint for a living and use both grimas and kryloan both are awsome and i have never had any kids have reactions which i often have parents worry about (bad experiances with cheapy brands and cruddy unhygienic painters)

have you tried Masquerade?

Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
I can't buy them here in Adelaide... I bought mine from eBay.

I don't know how many grams are in the items (eyeshadows, blush etc.) as it doesn't say on the website and I emailed them to ask and they never responded. *sulks*

Does anybody know how many grams are in their shadows and blushes?

i think the blush is 1/2 ounce

just ordered from ebay

1 b3 foundation pot 14 gram (these pots last me about 2-3 months each)
1 b2 foundation 1/2oz
BLUSH Satin White 1/2 oz
SHIMMER CREAM (93) prune 4 g
SHIMMER CREAM COSMETICS (487) 8g dark green
SHIMMER CREAM COSMETICS (96) 8g pink
Matt gothic white eyeshadow (8gram)
all for 44.95 from ebay

i'll tell you guys how the colours go!!!

Brie

oh i forgot about this thread, I've been using all this stuff and i like it. Maybe except for the white shimmer blush it REALLY needs to be buffed in.
I use the white shadow ALL the time and i really like their foundation and they sent me a free concealer!

metal_romantic

^Thanks!

I just got some off ebay too!

I think the 1/2 ounce is the jar rather than the contents, which is what I wanted to know.

The blushes are great! Very highly pigmented! So far I've only tried them on my hand but I am very impressed. They have great staying power too. I will definitely be buying more.

All the eyeshadows I bought seem to be really good (on my hand) except for BM30, which is "gothic black" (matte)- it wasn't that impressive.

The shimmer powders (similar to pigments) are gorgeous.