Matching a Star Violet smokey eye

BlahWah

My sister-in-law's asked me to help her with her makeup for her Grad Ball this Thursday so I'm thinking of doing a smokey eye with Star Violet and Subtle to go with her burgundy dress. It'll be a fairly light application as she doesn't usually wear makeup. I'm thinking colour on her eyes would balance out the bold colour of her dress and allow us to go easy on the lips so she doesn't have to maintain much.

I'm just stumped on blush and lips! I'm only really got into blush lately myself, but with recent springier looks. I've hardly touched Star Violet on myself, except for this week as I experiment on my own face first, and I'm clueless about matching the rest of the face. I used Desirous but I'm not convinced. For lips, I used Amber Rose with a touch of Happenin' Gal, which might work but may be too dark.

I'm thinking of doubling Star Violet as blush, perhaps. I've listed the blushes I have below. Any suggestions for lip or cheek would be great. Doesn't have to be MAC cuz I just need a general idea of what shade to use and I'll work with what we have.

TIA!

blushes, b/p's, & pearlizers I have:
Desirous
Sunbasque
Peachtwist
Lovecrush
Fab
Don't Be Shy
Smile
Lune
Maidenchant
Shy Angel
Peaches
Brit Wit
Plum Foolery
Opulent
Pearlette
Shell Pearl
Sunsparked Pearl
Pearl Sunshine

saniyairshad

Pearl Shine, Peachtwist, Don't Be Shy would look gorgeous
Lips: Crystal Rose Lustreglass...would look great with a smokey eye or try Underage l/g

glittergoddess27

Hmm here's a run down of what I might try,..

Pearl sunshine all over the face

Eyes:

Shimmery Base (Stilife paint??)
Star Violet on the lid and slightly up into the crease
Sushi Flower (or Playful, Phase, Living Pink) type shadow blended well into the entire length of the crease above Star Violet
Shroom blended in just above the crease up into the brow bone
Something like Vanilla piggie on the brow bone and inner crease
Macroviolet for liner
Black mascara

Blush:

Fab would be really pretty here lightly dusted or Desirous lightly dusted on the apples of the cheeks will bring out the sushi flower you used in the look.

Lips:

I think you have it right with Happening Gal,... just apply it more sheerly,..
smiles.gif
Hope that helps.

Sorry for the whole rundown,.. LOL,.. when I read your post I got a vision of an entire look,..

BlahWah

Well, looks like Pearl Sunshine is a shoo-in! glittergoddess, I'll be tryin' out that look tomorrow - it sounds great! And so detailed, it's good for my final-papers-fried brain, LOL!

Bre

I wear Star Violet on the lid with Satin Taupe in the crease and Phloof on the brow

Plum Foolery on the Cheeks

And Corps de Ballet Lip Glass (best lip glass, pity it's LE)

I'm pale (little lighter then NW20), dark brown hair, blue eyes