Midnight Metallics & Chanel Review

SparklingWaves

Bobbie Brown

Midnight Metallics by Bobbie Brown has been out for awhile. It is the last of the limited edition that came out in Fall of 2007. The others sold out like wild fire. I purchased this one and I haven’t regretted it one minute. The royal blue color isn’t like any color in any other line. The middle Grey color doesn’t have any blue. It is very steely and the highlight color is very icy.

M.A.C.
Dancing Light is one of the loose beauty powers by M.A.C. It is gorgeous. It is very light and very sheer to the touch. It’s great for highlighting. I did find this color very similar to Vanilla Pigment. The texture is sheerer than the Vanilla pigment, so it is a preference of what texture you like to use. Personally, I like to use the Pigment on the eyes and this on the cheek area.

Chanel

Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensional (color - Noir-Indigo) Limited edition: This is a great mascara. It lengthens and thickens. (This mascara does come in other colors). The color is not a bright 80’s blue mascara. It doesn’t show up as blue on the eyes from a distance. It’s great for those with light hair. If you want a blue mascara for a lot less, check out MAX Factor or Loreal.

Blue Satin Le Vernis Nail Color showed up as black on my finger nails, but I am really fair. This is really dark. It looks like a gorgeous navy in the bottle, but looked black on me. (This nail polish is supposed to be the rage right now). I was so glad that I purchased Azur. Azur is a see through pearly blue nail color. You can add mix it with your nail color like I did. I got the perfect navy color by adding a bit of this color to my Blue Satin or you can paint it on top of any nail color. It gives a pearly blue opal look to your nails. Test it at your counters.

You may be able to find other dark blues for less, but the pearly Azur is quite unique to me. If you can find one similar in another line for less, please reply. I would love to give it a try.

Poudre Cristalline Ultra-fine Translucent powder with deluxe puff (limited edition) is a pure white powder for your face. This powder is supposed to be used either after you used your skin care products or after your foundation. It is very sheer. It is extremely similar to Laura Mercier’s Secret Brightening powder, but the texture is just slightly different. I really like this product. It can be used it in place of regular powder or over my regular powder. It can tone down mess ups with blush. It is extremely expensive. I think this was $65.00. OUCH! I am extremely fair. I didn’t find it made me look any lighter, but I don’t wear tons of it. I was told that any skin color can wear this.

Glossimer Water lily (limited edition) is a sheer sparkle pink. I was told this and the lipstick below was coordinated to go with the navy colors on the eyes.

Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Color in Frivole is described as a blue pink on the website. I would add it’s very frosty. It’s not long wearing. It feels moisturizing.

4 Fleurs DeChanel Yeux Eyes Quad eyes looks really pretty on the display case. It’s four rose shaped eyes shadows in pastel colors: pale blue, pale pink, vanilla, and lilac. I tried to a sponge applicator and a brush to test these. They didn’t show up on me. They were almost invisibly sheer. I don’t know, but I didn’t see how these would show up. They were a thumbs down for me.

Also, the powder blush for 2008 Joues Contraste in Luna was a thumbs down. It’s actually not a blush. It a highlighter. It’s pure sparkle white. There are too many products out there that do the same thing for way less.

The Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Enchanteresse was a thumbs up. This blush is so deceptive. It looks like a bronzer. It looked great on me. It’s a rose brown. I think a lot of people can wear this one. I can wear this alone or wear it under those brighter blush colors.