mineral sunscreens

Recommendations for these? I think using chemical sunscreens is breaking me out a bit, and they sting my face and eyes. I'm having a hard time finding a mineral sunscreen that works for me, though. I tried a neutrogena one -- sensitive skin spf 30 -- and it protected my skin well but was a bit greasy. I also tried clinique super city block spf 25, which had an okay texture, but it didn't seem to protect me from the sun -- I got a lot more color than with the neutrogena despite the SPFs being about the same. I also bought an Avene one but returned it immediately because it was bright orange.

I need a sunscreen that is all or mostly mineral, not too greasy, not tinted bright orange, and preferably, not horribly expensive. I've thought of trying shiseido's spf 55, clarin's spf 40, fancl's 30, or sofina. I prefer something I can buy in a sephora, drugstore, or department store to something I have to order online, but I'm open to any suggestions -- especially if someone knows of one that's cheap (under $20) since all of the ones I'm finding are so expensive. TIA!

farra712

You should try Sun Defense by Eminence skincare. It is pretty pricey ($58), but it has convenient packaging (comes in one of those tube/brush things) and is in a powder form. You don't have to use very much to cover a large area. It also has loads of antioxidants because they use organic fruits to add a tint to it. It is SPF 30. We have been selling A LOT of these at the spa I work at. Also, you can spray their Stone Crop Hydrating Mist over it to make it water and sweat resistant. You may be able to find it cheaper on ebay! Good luck!

jenii

I've heard good things about the Peter Thomas Roth mineral sunscreen.

What I use though, is Dermalogica's Solar Defense Booster. It is pure sunscreen, and you can add it to any moisturizer. Doesn't break me out, and my skin is amazingly NOT sensitive to it! Sometimes chemical sunscreen seems to irritate my skin a bit, but this has never done anything bad, and it doesn't make me all greasy or break me out.

It's slightly pricy (I pay about $35 for a bottle), but with regular use it's been almost two years and I'm only JUST running out of it. You only need to add a drop or two to your moisturizer, so it lasts a good long while.

righteothen

I use ColorScience Sunforgettable. It's SPF 30, is pure powder, and you don't have to wait after you put it on to go out into the sun (which is great for me, because I always know last minute). You just brush it on (it's in it's own tube with a brush), pat it down, and you're done. They also have refills for the tube, so you don't have to replace the brush (it's 45 for the tube and brush combo on Amazon, but the refills are only 30, and they give you enough for two tubes worth). I use mine often, and have yet to refill it, because a little goes a long way (like mineral makeup).

There was another one that I tried recently that was nice, and was a lotion, but I can't remember the name right now, and I only tried a sample one day, so I don't know now much it would break me out.