Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation [information & images]

Sorry for the long post...

I had the chance to be invited to a press conference for the soon to open Antwerp MAC store (The first in Belgium, Brussels is said to be next).

The evening was opened with a speech of the director of MAC Benelux. MAC senior makeup artists: Lyn Denoyers and Dave Stella, talked about the major trends on the runway for spring.
Which were:
-skin sculpted with textures instead of shades
-graphic black eyes
-neon colors.
Everything was illustrated with projected images from the shows.
On models they demonstrated 4 looks from shows they worked on. First 2 naturals looks that used different textures to sculpt the face. Then and 2 extremer typical runaway looks: 1 with bright orange flushed cheeks from Vivienne Westwood; the other featuring dark eyes and eyebrows created by Belgian makeup artist Rudi Cremers for Ann Demeulemeester.
The looks were very well executed; but, as I'm TV makeup artist, not really something I could adapt in my own work.

We were then invited to talk to the makeup artists and test the products they used to created the looks. Apart from their products non of the upcoming MAC products were on display...

Anyway... I was able to test the Mineralize Compact Powders. Those aren't really new but I was under the impression MAC was going to launch them in more matte/satin finishes than with the "A Muse" color story. As you know Mineralize Skinfinishes are baked. Lyn Denoyers explained that they were as fine as loose powders because they didn't contain the usual waxes needed to keep powders in compact form. The line will also feature a new Mineralize Satin Foundation (which unfortunately wasn't on display).

Here are images from the campaign and products that come from a CD that was included in a goody-bag that I received at the end of the evening.

MINERALZE SATINFINISH FOUNDATION:
322179783_e19f71ff98_m.jpg

322179782_cda4c84e2e_m.jpg

Cap includes a pump!

MINERALIZE SKINFINISHES:
322179779_2080eb698c_m.jpg

322179780_b4fbdbc173_m.jpg

Quote:
Courtesy of Discoxlemonade on LJ...

She received a mailer about Satinfinish today. Here is their description:

Mineralize satinfinish spf 15
the luxurious radiant effect of microminerals made liquid to create a softly diffused, natural, satin-finished foundation. modern, innovative and sun-protective in formulation, it conveniently provides low to medium coverage options. available in shades to perfectly complement all skin tones. to discover how minerals can finish up as soft, smooth, and sensuous as satin, wear it and see. US $26.50, available february

enka

Ahhhh, I want a light Mineralize Skin Finish Compact!

I didn't buy one at A Muse and this is my chance!

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by enka
Ahhhh, I want a light Mineralize Skin Finish Compact!

I didn't buy one at A Muse and this is my chance!

MAC will be making the natural mineralize skinfinish permanent next year.
smiles.gif

Ella_

That foundation sounds great. I wonder how it will photograph... Hmmm...

Im going to have to get it, and the MSF as well - I missed out on them with avant gold

luckyme

Hmm, something permanent! I use MAC's foundations with no problems so I hope this one is good as it sounds!

prinzessin784

oooh a liquid version of mineralized foundation??? That sounds amazing!! I can't wait to check that out, see what the coverage is like and how it feels on the skin! Definitely something to look forward to
smiles.gif

Any info on US release dates anyone?

BlahWah

Ack, very excited! I can't wait for these to come out... I had to bite my lip (hand? wallet) during Avante Gold not to get it since it was LE... and Studio Mist has been just under great for me, so I really wanna try these out.
cheerleader.gif