Mix your own mica pigments!

sigwing

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/ColorAdd.asp

This webpage sells a bunch of Mica colorants that can be mixed with the one called "Biron MTU" to make your own mineral eyeshadows! I've been looking at all the different colors & most of them are safe for lips, & ones that are not recommended for lips still say they're safe around the eyes. Most are both, though. You can custom blend your own shades with this stuff!

I found it when I ordered some for my lipbalm that I make & thought I'd pass it along in case anyone here likes to experiment!

sigwing

Nessa, there's also one I'm waiting to hear when they restock, a reddish with a gold duocolor, and they have a few other duocolors that would be gorgeous eyeshadows! Every mica I checked said it was safe for the eye area, so I figured these are pretty cheap pigment-type powders, and can be mixed with that other stuff to dilute it some. There were also some shades that are the blues and blue-greens that seem to be popular around here that I thought people would like. I'm glad you liked the link!

I ordered the amber to use in my lipbalms I make! There was another one that was similar but also says "opal" with it, so I'm hoping it has an iridescence to it. I'm anxious to get them!

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyens
WOW thanks for the link!

Glad you like!

I'm anxious to get the ones I ordered!

ALL of the Micas listed are safe for eyes except the FDA Red!!! there's a chart that gives the safety of them. The Oxide & Ultramarines section has a safety chart, and most of them are safe for eye area too!!!

user2

Wow they have a lot of nice Micas
* Avocado
* Bordeaux Lustre
* Bronze
* GemTone Garnet
* GemTone Moonstone
* Gold Karat Sparkle
* Midnight
* Pink Glimmer
eyelove.gif

* Red Heart
* Rouge Flambe
* Sienna Lustre
* Sun Gold
* Blue Green looks alot like Parrot don't you think?
* Two Tone Red Gold

Thank God I can't but them!!!!

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
* Blue Green looks alot like Parrot don't you think?

I kinda thought so too

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
If any of you have checked out True Colors makeup,.. they are mica powders,.. these are probably very close.

Never seen or heard of it, but I'm going to Google it right now! Thanks!
The difference might be that these have the cutting agent listed to buy because they are the pure color that you add when making soap, lipbalm, etc., or cosmetics, and if True Colors is already a blend, that might be the difference. I've thought maybe this is the type of stuff, with the cutting agent added, that people who make the mineral type cosmetics use as the colorants for their products.

sigwing

I got mine today & they're gorgeous! The Gemtone Tan Opal is possibly like Tan pigment, & I think it's my favorite. The Golden Glow looks like white powder in the bag, but on the skin it's like a very slight blushtone with pinkish gold sparkly, very tiny sparkles & not overbearing. I should probably take some pics of swatches & post them. give me a day or 2 for that tho! *s*

sigwing

Unfortunately, the gold one didn't show up on the paper, and I don't know if I'm coordinated enough to take a pic of my own arm with it swatched on it, but I might try...And as usual, you know the pic doesn't do them real justice because these are just beautiful pigment colors!

micaswatches.jpg

sigwing

argh....I might have to get assistance from my little niece later or something, I can swatch them on her & then I can focus the camera better. The Rouge & Sienna colors are not grainy at all, like they kind of look on this scanned paper.

I've also ordered a few more colors, an Amber and some others, to use in lipbalms. I haven't ordered any of the other "non-lip" shades, but they look great, too.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
Those look amazing! How fine are they? I can't wait to see some FOTDs with these
eyelove.gif

The Sienna and Rouge Flambe didn't show up their "smear" as nicely on my scan. They are actually finely-milled powder colors. And I am not sure if I can get a good pic of a FOTD with these, but I'll try eventually!

Here's a report on my new ones I just got:
Amber: brown with small sparkle
Sunstone: Sheer peachy gold iridescent
Bronze: Peachy tan/brown with small sparkle
and my favorite of the group,
Copper: Peachy-pinky with small sparkle, kind of a sparkly nude, but more color than an actual nude shade (if that makes sense!)