MUA drives me nuts sometimes.

melozburngr

I really really hate it when people want to swap a large amount (value-wise) of your items for an equal amount monetarily of their items, but has NO tokens, and expects you to ship at the same time when you have plenty of feedback (positive) between here, MUA and Ebay.

Sorry, it just makes me mad, I got my hopes up for an item, and I can't risk my items on a swapper with no feedback anywhere.

sorry, my rant for the evening.

am I totally off-base?

user3

Nope you are right on the money hunny!
Some new swappers lately really have balls.
I guess they just don't seem to understand how things work.

depecher

No, you are NOT offbase at all. You are established. They aren't. I'd be scared to get ripped off. I have 1 trader rating here and 100% positive feedback on eBay. I've done 1 transaction and sent my item off first before I got the payment. I trusted the person and wanted to get established here. If the person is legit and honest, they will wait until you get your end before they expect to get their end. The whole swap thing has me nervous though. I just don't want to get ripped off. I will only deal here or on eBay with established people.

I hope everything works out for you.
smiles.gif

melozburngr

Yeah, I'm just disappointed- it was for Pleasureflush!
smiles.gif

But, there is no way that I'm going to swap a bunch of stuff for it, with someone with no feedback who won't ship first.

I dunno- the whole situation is fishy, she got all defensive when I asked her to swap first, and the only items on her list are the highly sought after... H&S Paint, Pleasureflush, Coco Beach, etc....

She got all pissy and said that no one would swap with me because I have ONE negative on MUA, from a buyer whose item I sent, and have PROOF that I sent, which they never received. argh.. its so frustrating.

DaisyDee

I just hate MUA period. I had a huge tragedy in my family a while back, including losing my mom when she unexpectedly died horribly...and GOD FORBID, got behind on THREE swaps which I FIXED by sending my end and then some, and sending back their end on top of it, but it was like a feeding frenzy with the people running to swaptawk and making up all kinds of lies and crazy bullshit. It was surreal. I swear it was like a bloodfeast and I was the main dish. I could not believe the lack of compassion and understanding of some people, and the overwhelming desire some seem to have for drama. So I was outta there. Still am...good riddance.
smiles.gif

BTW, I had almost 100 positives when this happened and 0 negs/neutrals. Go figure!
ssad.gif

melozburngr

Daisydee- yeah, I can't believe the nerve of some people, and the lack of compassion for other people (and for what may be going on in their life) I'm getting to a point where I'm reluctant to swap on there, since I have no background on people. at least here I can determine by a person's posts a basic idea of what the person is like, and if they are trustworthy, a good example, Shawna- she is very helpful and nice on here, and is the best person I've swapped with! I dunno, MUA is getting bitchy lately.

melozburngr

Great, now she is harassing me, and threatening me with a negative token. WE DIDN'T EVEN SWAP?! argh. why do I bother.

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
Great, now she is harassing me, and threatening me with a negative token. WE DIDN'T EVEN SWAP?! argh. why do I bother.

Yep...totally agree. Here you can see kind of what people are all about. It's more personal and it just feels more like a community.

I hope you can get rid of the psycho easily. :crap:

DaisyDee

Quote:
I put her on ignore.
smiles.gif

LOL -- that should get her panties in a wad!
rofl.gif

Was that wrong to say?
graucho.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

That's one thing I don't like about it, there seems to be so many swaplifters, which makes it hard for me as a newbie because I genuinely would'nt DREAM of stealing anything from anyone but as the silent rules go, I need to send first, which I completely understand but it sucks to know somebody could be ripping me off for no good reason... speaking of which, I was going to swap with CECILIATHEMUPPET, has anybody ever traded with her, I'm really skepital as she has one negitive, one neutral but only ONE positive, and I sent her a msg saying I would prefer she send hers first seeing as she has a negitive and basically no positive, but she still insists I send first... do you think I should tell her to send her end first and if not, stop the swap?

But if she decides to leave a negitive on me, that's something I can't have as I have nothing right now... that may influence my other current swaps, therefore leaving me open to swaplifting... BLAHHHHH

melozburngr

thats kinda why when I started, I started swapping smaller items that wouldn't be a HUGE deal if they were swaplifted.

with this swap it was upwards of $100 that she wanted me to swap- with no feedback on her end... she must be outta her gourd!

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
That's one thing I don't like about it, there seems to be so many swaplifters, which makes it hard for me as a newbie because I genuinely would'nt DREAM of stealing anything from anyone but as the silent rules go, I need to send first, which I completely understand but it sucks to know somebody could be ripping me off for no good reason... speaking of which, I was going to swap with CECILIATHEMUPPET, has anybody ever traded with her, I'm really skepital as she has one negitive, one neutral but only ONE positive, and I sent her a msg saying I would prefer she send hers first seeing as she has a negitive and basically no positive, but she still insists I send first... do you think I should tell her to send her end first and if not, stop the swap?

But if she decides to leave a negitive on me, that's something I can't have as I have nothing right now... that may influence my other current swaps, therefore leaving me open to swaplifting... BLAHHHHH

If she has only one positive and already has a neg and a neutral, I would NOT swap with her. It's understandable if someone with many swaps has a bad experience suddenly, but not when they've had three swaps and only 1 was satisfactory. Save yourself the trouble...more than likely you can find the same item from someone else.
smiles.gif

Juneplum

i agree with u TOTALLY mel.. u had every right not to swap with her... if it sounds too good to be true, it usually IS!!

toby1

Quote:
motherof4 I think it was. There was no real name, not even a first in her profile.

Hmm I sent her a swap request to see what she would say as I was very leery of someone on MUA for 2 days with a list of HTF items...she never responded