MUA drives me nuts sometimes.

rubixio

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
motherof4 I think it was. There was no real name, not even a first in her profile.

I find it odd she has a bunch skinfinishes up for swap, yet her wishlist says "any skin finishes". Seems kind of weird, no?

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
My big gripe at MUA is the lack of replies to swap requests. I probably get 1 reply for every 6-8 swap requests I send. It is just me? Did I forget my deodorant or something?? I also had the most abnoxious reply to a message a few weeks ago, I said I was very interested in an item they had and their reply? "Yeah, So? P=" Thank goodness for that ignore button. I would never have the nerve to act so rudely to someone. I've actually had pretty good luck with new people sending first. I usually ask them right up front in my first message and try to ask as nicely as possible as I remember it really sucked when I had to send first all of the time when I was new and I keep that in mind when asking. As Nina (Juneplum) said tho, if it sounds too good to be true... That is the truth! Anytime I feel uneasy with a swap, I pass, you just have to go with your gut instincts!

Shawna

Quote:
Daisydee- yeah, I can't believe the nerve of some people, and the lack of compassion for other people (and for what may be going on in their life) I'm getting to a point where I'm reluctant to swap on there, since I have no background on people. at least here I can determine by a person's posts a basic idea of what the person is like, and if they are trustworthy, a good example, Shawna- she is very helpful and nice on here, and is the best person I've swapped with! I dunno, MUA is getting bitchy lately.

cry.gif
tears of happiness, I love you too Mel! And I'd swap with you anytime

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubixio
I find it odd she has a bunch skinfinishes up for swap, yet her wishlist says "any skin finishes". Seems kind of weird, no?

Yeah, I thought the same thing.... and she is looking for Pink Vivid pigment, which she allegedly has for swap? I dunno.

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Oh, this whole thing just screams swaplifter to me. Don't send your items.

Oh, trust me, I don't plan on it :p

sasha

hi, yeah we all had to send first at one time, [who do they think they are!!] I am very new to this site but have over 150 swaps on MUA and some of the drama over there is childish. I would not swap with her [little red lights are going off with that one]

toby1

Update** just saw that MUAer was indeed a swaplifter and some lost a large amount in swaps to her

YOOTOPiA

Quote:
where is this swap talk that I hear so much about?

http://pub46.ezboard.com/bswaptawk
post an entry first, best bet is introductions, then you can access the board.
i was swaplifted by motherof4, i sent my items like 2 weeks ago... wish i had known about all this before hand.
but lesson learned...
and now in the process to teach her one.

bebs

Quote:
motherof4 I think it was. There was no real name, not even a first in her profile.

I had the same chick try pretty much the same thing I have quite a few on ebay a few on here and she insisted on me sending my items first -two pigments for the same skinfinish- I was really tempted to do it but before I had agreed the girl had the nerve to start going off on me for not responding to her fast enough and having other offers for it, so I decided it seemed like a bad idea and not to do anything with her.

MAC_Whore

Hmmmm....Motherof4 tried to talk me out of some quads. She offered me the elusive Pleasureflush as well. I declined her offer also. It all seemed too fishy. What a beeeyotch!

Urbana

i dont swap lately because of that. and i dont know MUA, but i like the places like here, where you get to know (in anyway...) the person you are swaping with.
and when i notice something weird... thats the end!

jin1022000

I don't like the whole idea of swapping =.=" THERE ARE SOME WEIRDOS + MEANIES out there >.<"~~~~~ (of course there're some good ppl too, but wut if I get some very ugly swapping experiences?!)

coachkitten

It sure seems with the people who have been scamming on here lately that there isn't much that can be done. I hope that it catches up with them. It is BS if they do this and get away with it. Makes me sick!

SkylarV217

I'm newer to MUA and am so thankful for it b/c it lead me here =) ... But I have about 20 tokens now... I had no problem sending first and would never have dreamed about asking anything different, There are crazies out there but you could normally tell when an established experienced swapper had run into one by the feedback. I have only swapped with experienced swappers... so I think that helped a lot. Now I'm trying to build up feedback here =). It is so irritating when people ignore your requests and such, what happened to common decency ? It stinks that a few people can and will ruin a good thing.

rbella

Yeah, I'm kinda over MUA. I used to love it over there, but every time I got my items, they were not in the condition that they were stated to be in. Also, no one ever responds anymore. I much prefer it over here. I like to purchase here b/c everything comes in great condition and I'm not waiting to see if my end was held up. Just click, pay and go!!!!