MUAs- Ever work on a celebrity?

mskitchmas

just a fun question...any of you MUAs done makeup for a celebrity or someone famous? (of course, only if you are able to disclose)

th_star.gif

pixichik77

Not really, just local newscasters; Oprah came to the counter I work at this past summer (I was not working that day, can you believe it?). I'd say my closest brush was a Bobbi Brown PA; I was on the lineup, and my makeups had to be approved by Bobbi herself...

giz2000

I have worked on some Spanish celebrities (Miami is "telenovela" central) and I did makeup on Timbaland's girlfriend too (he was standing right next to her and I had no idea who he was!)

knoxydoll

No one that's famous yet lol; many of the girls and boys I've done stuff for have great talent and I expect some of them to go far.

MiCHiE

Not makeup, but I've done Malcolm X's daughter's nails, Queen Latifah's father and Laurence Fishburne's wife...all the famous-by-association people, LOL.

eponine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Not makeup, but I've done Malcolm X's daughter's nails, Queen Latifah's father and Laurence Fishburne's wife...all the famous-by-association people, LOL.

ooh, gina torres(laurence fishburne's wife)? i loooove her!

mbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel
my friend in scottsdale sold an eye kohl in smoulder to jered leto in the MAC store
greengrin.gif

jared leto... sigh. my dream man in a weird and strange eye-liner wearing way...
eyelove.gif

joojifish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponine
ooh, gina torres(laurence fishburne's wife)? i loooove her!

I love Gina Torres too! (am I Firefly fan)

ette

Closest I've gotten to one is doing a model from Project Runway (Kara Janx's model).

aquarius11

I haven't personally, but my cousin (who is also a MUA) did make-up on Julia Roberts and Keifer Sutherland when they were filming the movie Flatliners in Chicago. And my cousin's wife (also a MUA...we like to keep it in the family, lol) does make-up for SNL.

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius11
And my cousin's wife (also a MUA...we like to keep it in the family, lol) does make-up for SNL.

Really? If you don't mind me asking, who is it? I know someone who just got off SNL...

MAC_Pixie04

Bare Escentuals on Joey Lauren Adams, TanTowels for Richard Dreyfus and I helped his wife plan out her Oscar makeup this year. They're regulars at my home store.

MisStarrlight

I got an offer to do a shoot w/ Ludacris, but I never followed up on it...the "photographer" gave me his card while I was working at the counter. It seemed really shady to me.

With the guys that aproach me at my job I've become very skeptical.

M.a.c. Queen

I got an offer to do a shoot w/ Ludacris, but I never followed up on it...the "photographer" gave me his card while I was working at the counter. It seemed really shady to me.

With the guys that aproach me at my job I've become very skeptical

why did it feel shady to you?

MiCHiE

You never know, with people nowadays....When I was learning to do nails, I had the whole setup at home. A few times, we got deliveries and the guys would ask for my number or my card. I definitely could not trust people coming into my home like that. And, you never really know people's intentions.