Must have mac neutrals

Ambre Tucker

I have the urban decay naked and black pallet and I realized all of the colors I have are shimmery sparky and not suitable for certain looks. Any suggestions for mac shadows that have minimum sparkle are a neutral color prefer skin colors I don't use a lot of black although I have the black pallet. Boring colors I can add a bright crease to or some glitter and it won't clash or be over the top?

ladymac1

Neutral and not sparkley colours for fair skin would be bisque, brûlée, kid, wedge (the latter two are slightly darker so you could use them on the crease). If you want a light pink then yoghurt is an option. Could also try the paint pots in painterly or soft ochre. There are loads of mac colours that don't have any shimmer.. Some that have a dusky pink edge to them (which I love) are malt and quarry or you could try using print lightly which is a grey colour, or scene which is a mauve/grey shade. Copperplate (another grey/slightly brownish colour) looks great with yoghurt. None of these colours are massively dark, but you'll get loads of options with them and a matte finish.

Audrey C

Some of my favourite perm items: Soft brown Haux Arena Naked lunch Sable Satin taupe Sumptuous olive

aradhana

Sumptuous olive
these are great...also
omega
orb
brule
quarry
soba

have you tried going on the website and sorting the eyeshadows by finish? (try matte, satin or veluxe), that way you could take a list of possibilities to take with you to a counter/store!

bluelitzer

My Neutral palette has:

1st Row (highlighters mixed satins frosts and velvet)
Brule
Shroom
Ricepaper
Orb
Vanilla

2nd Row (lid colors with shimmer)
Naked Lunch
All That Glitters
Patina
Woodwinked
Satin Taupe

3rd Row (mattes/matte2)
Wedge
Soft Brown
Espresso
Coquette
Brown Script

None of these are too over the top or glittery. That's also why I prefer MAC e/s over my UD palettes. As beautifully pigmented and buttery as they are, UD e/s are too shimmery and sparkly. Intense pigmentation could be a good or bad thing depending on what you want. For me I like e/s to be a mix of buildable and very pigmented. Lid colors, outer V colors I want pigmented but transition colors as well as crease and highlight colors need not be. Just my personal preference.

Audrey C

Oh, and I forgot Smut! I don't do blacks, but it's a softer alternative.

I love seeing everyone's palette choices. My neutral palette (I sort downwards instead of across):

Shroom, Orb, All That Glitters
Naked Lunch, Jeté (LE), Arena
Wedge, Soft Brown, Patina
Sable, Shale, Satin Taupe
Haux, Twinks, Swiss Chocolate

Some of my other neutral shades are LE and probably not easy to find now:

A Natural Flirt
Stolen Moment
Moth Brown

Paisly

MAC neutrals are my fav!
Here are a few that i think every makeup wearer should have!

Mostly Matte. all appear to be matte on lid.
-- Soft brown
-- Print (it has tiny tiny flecks of glitter, if you look closely. However, it seems to be totally matte on the eye.)
-- Kid (being D/C so pick this up quick! Perfect blending color or just to warm up the crease a touch.)
-- Brule (white highlight)
-- expresso (perfect crease/ outter v!)
-- cork (great for eyebrows or crease)

Shimmer
-- naked lunch
-- all that glitters
-- Satin taupe
-- sable
-- woodwinked
-- rice paper

La-Pelirrojita

I have All That Glitters and Patina. I've been meaning to add more perm shades to my new DIY'd Tokidoki palettes, but got kind of stuck. I'll definitely check out all these shades when I hit my MAC counter again.

EllenZ

A must have light/med brown is Soft Brown. I use it everyday in my crease and then layer other color over that. I also like Tete tint and Somoa silk (not sure if they're available anymore

pazaub

Some must haves for me are, soft brown, shroom, woodwinked, satin taupe, rice paper, wedge, and retrospeck