My collection that keeps me in the poor house

Mabelle

This is my Collection that has steadily been growing since 2005. I started off slow, but then i got a bit out of control. I've outgrown my humble traincase and will soon be getting a vanity to store my goodies.
Here they are, bask in their glory!!

traincase1.jpg

Eyeshadows

Green
green.jpg

Not pictured: Humid, broken and loose in a jar
ssad.gif
The Shadow Labeled Humid is actually Emerald Green Pigment pressed, oops!

Blues
blues.jpg

Purples
purples.jpg

Not pictured Jeweltone, broken in a jar

Browns
Browns.jpg

Not pictured Twinks, again, broken in a jar, as is Amber lights.

Neutrals
Neutrals.jpg

Quads
COC.jpg

Cult of Cherry: Spiced Chocolate and Tempting

greys.jpg

My "Smoke Quad"

Mineralized Eyeshadow and to be depoted
minerals.jpg

Full sized pigments
Fullpigments.jpg

Bluebrown, Old gold, Emerald Green, Brown Green, Blonde's Gold.

Other Eye Products
eyeliners.jpg

Pencil's Feline, Wolf, Spare change, Fly by Blu, Royal Hue & Beiging Shadestick, smoulder
Mascrasetc.jpg

UD 24/7 liner in Lucky, Sephora black liners, Fiberwig Mascara, Lash injection mini, Stila multi-effect mascara, Badgal mascara mini, Rimmel Glam eyes, L'oreal Voluminous, UDPP
Randomeye.jpg

Glo minerals brow duos in Blonde and Auburn, Nars shadows in Galapagos and Night Porter, MUFE eyeshadows in 92 93 & 99, Stila Quad from a kit, MUFE star powder in Red, HIP cream liners in black and peacock, yellow and green Inglot shadows. Bronze and Teal Inglot loose powders.

Lipsticks
lipsticks.jpg

Not pictured: Sophisto

Lipglosses
lipglasses.jpg

Russian Red, Quicktease, Strawberry blonde,Posh it up, jampacked, full for you, Rich and Ripe, Cultfave
Not picture: Up the Amp
lipcare.jpg

MUFE lipstick in 205, Slimshine in Urgent!, Nars lipgloss in Orgasm, Smashbox lipgloss in afterglow, Stila lipstain in Pomegranate, Smashbox O-gloss and O-Plump, Definer Liner, Shu Emura lipliner

Cheeks
6pan.jpg

creamblush.jpg

MSF.jpg

Petticoat and Redhead MSF
cheeks.jpg

Shimmerbrick by Glominerals, UD baked bronzer (Baked), BE bronzer, Stila all over shimmer mini, Benetint mini, Lip Venom mini, Nar Blushes in Orgasm and Outlaw, Stila Converible color in.... i don't know (mini) and petunia, smashbox's o-glow and glominerals blush in brick

Face
faces1.jpg

glo.jpg

Glominerals pressed powder palette

Brushes
eyebrushes.jpg

mishmash.jpg

face.jpg

face2.jpg

fullbrushes.jpg

Recently Added but not pictured: Deep Blue Green Pigment, Museum Bronze Pig, Reflects Bronze Glitter, Reflected Blackened Red Glitter, Teddy eye kohl, Penultimate liner, Top Knot, Blackground paint pot.
Thanks for looking!

TISH1124

Great Stash!! love the pressed powders, looks like you only like one girl!!!.....something else for me to spend money on...ugghhhh

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Great Stash!! love the pressed powders, looks like you only like one girl!!!.....something else for me to spend money on...ugghhhh

I use them more when i'm in a rush, and it happens to be the on the first flap (when you open the book) and the closest match to my skintone. They're all really nice though
smiles.gif

User49

Gorgeous collection! Me too! I'm obsessed and I don't want to stop either! I have two traincases, an ikea drawer, several art boxes and a carry all for freelance full of my collection. How nice it would be if someone could make a nice looking vanity table with all the storage you could dream of for the collections of mac-aholics! Love the pressed pigments! I need to learn how to do that!! X

Mabelle

I havent perfected it. I have trouble with them breaking all the time, specifically old gold and green brown. It's really annoying because i cart my palettes around (between my house and my bfs)and i'll open it and theres bits of pigment everywhere.
I'm going to order the Ikea Malm vanity soon, and i might make myself some drawers or a little cabinet as my collection grows. I've had some study in carpentry, so i figure it can't be more complex than building a set.

Mabelle

my aunt got them for me. She used to work for them... or there distributer, so for my bday she would get me all kinds of stuff.

The powders usually came in compacts. I used to have some, but i used them all up.Honestly, they're REALLY nice. I like them better than MAC's pressed powders.

anuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Awesome collection! You have some great stuff!

wowwwww

wishingforsn0w

that is an amazing collection! btw where did you get the Blue Brown and Brown Green e/s that you have in your palettes? they are soo beautiful, i thought those only came in pigment form!

Mabelle

^ they do only come in pigment form. I press all my pigments. It makes them a bit easier to transport, and i cart my palettes around a lot!

stickles

Lovely collection
greengrin.gif

I see that your Metal X shadows are in jars, and they look like they've been melted down or something, what's the story there?

wishingforsn0w

Hi, Mabelle, if you dont mind me asking what mixing solution did you use for the pigments? some tutorials use Fyrinnae Powder modifier but apparently that one is iffy, or do you use Isopropyl alcohol 70% or 91% or 99%?

Sorry i just got so excited, yours look sooo pretty and i never knew you could press pigments.. im off to MAC tomorrow to buy some and try it!
smiles.gif

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
Lovely collection
greengrin.gif

I see that your Metal X shadows are in jars, and they look like they've been melted down or something, what's the story there?

yes, i melted them. My goldish coloured one had kinda dried up a bit and lifted from the pan, so i scooped her out and put her in a pot, a microwaved it for like... 30 seconds? It became creamy again and bonus: a container to B2M, so i did it with virgin silver too. That one is drier... i might try adding a drop of glycerin to it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingforsn0w
Hi, Mabelle, if you dont mind me asking what mixing solution did you use for the pigments? some tutorials use Fyrinnae Powder modifier but apparently that one is iffy, or do you use Isopropyl alcohol 70% or 91% or 99%?

Sorry i just got so excited, yours look sooo pretty and i never knew you could press pigments.. im off to MAC tomorrow to buy some and try it!
smiles.gif

I just use rubbing alcohol.... i think mine is 70%. I have just pressed some glitters (not pictured) using a tutorial on here, which calls for alcohol and glycerine. The only thing about the pressed pigments is that they are powdery and there sometimes is a lot of "fallout" in the pan. Also, some have a tendency to crack and need to be repressed.