My family lost a little one today

joytheobscure

DCP_0038.JPG

This is a picture of my Dad's first cousin's little twin grandbabies, (two years old) we have a large family reuinion with lots of distant cousins, we only see these babies one weekend a year. Justin my four year old plays with these girls every year. So I'm not really close but its still family and a shock- I feel sad and like I need to hold my babies all closer tonight.
ssad.gif
* I feel bad because I'd have seen it on the news and had my cousin not emailed the family I woulkdn't realized she was one of our families babies... B/C I don't know her parents just her Grandparents. THe parents didn't come to the reunions that I remember.

Student hit near school

By Doug Russell
News Editor

Frink-Chambers School was reeling this morning following the death of 5-year-old Cameron Bobbitt. The student was crossing the street in front of the school when she was hit by a pickup truck, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Superintendent Ron Joslin said the child’s mother was walking with her when she was hit.

The driver of the pickup, Max E. Kinyon, 76, of McAlester, said he was distracted by other children and didn’t see Bobbitt, the patrol reported.

Joslin said he would probably hold an assembly this morning to help students and staff deal with the tragedy. The school also allowed parents to take their children out of school today, if they desired.

There will be no school Friday and all school activities scheduled for today and Friday have been canceled, Joslin said.

School staff members and an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent who stopped on his way to work diverted traffic through the school parking lot this morning.

Students arriving at the school stared at OHP and Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Department vehicles before teachers ushered them across the street and into the school. Several students cried when they spotted the cars, as if they knew something bad had happened.

Many of the teachers and staff members were visibly upset, as if fighting back tears themselves, while they assisted students.

The school has crossing guards that help students get safely across Frink Road in the afternoon. In the morning, “The parents usually walk them to class,” said Donna Curry. Her voice cracked. “This morning it didn’t matter.”

http://www.newsok.com has a video clip

joytheobscure

The girls names are Kennedy and Cameron, I honestly can't tell you which is which - they both played with Justin- but I'm ok- I mean I'm asking for prayers for their parents and grandparents... Teachers and people at the school have to be a wreck too and the poor old man that hit her.
ssad.gif

lovejam

That is so sad... Especially since she is a twin. I can't even imagine how her sister is taking this.

Was her mother hit too? God, I can't even imagine how she must be feeling. I certainly hope that man is going to be prosecuted for running the little girl over.

I feel so horrible for her family. I hope they will get through this.

It's times like this that I really understand why my mother never let me walk anywhere when I was little. She must have been constantly afraid that something like this would happen to me.

joytheobscure

No her mother wasn't hit, I believe she must have seen it she was holding her baby, on the news channel they said her mom was a pediatrician.. I know the grandparents because the parents don't always come to the reunion. Basically they are second cousins. I have so many fears with my children.... I'm sure your mother was smart, My mom was overprotective (still is) I am not going to the funeral I can't handle it and they aren't as closely related - but I'm concerned about my 90 and 96 year old Great Aunts going....

Ms. Z

Loss of family member

This is such sad and tragic news, my condolences to your entire family.

Shawna

It's funny because before I had my son I would have read that and not really given it much thought. Yeah, terrible, I know. But now that I have had a child (and one with health issues) I cried my eyes out when I read that. Losing my son is my biggest fear and it makes all the bad things he does seem really insignificant. I'm gonna go hug him right now. My deepest condolences to your family
ssad.gif

orodwen

i feel so much for cameron's parents, grandparents & twin. and what a way to lose them: right in front of your eyes & in a violent way. i can not imagine what that must be like & can only vaguely imagine what that elderly man must be feeling.

my only brother (wes) lost his identical, mirror-image twin brother (lee) over 20 yrs ago & it took him yrs & yrs to find a way to cope with the hole in his soul. i know that my brother's death also shortened my dad's life, who died 2 yrs after lee.

sending tons of love & light to your extended family.

midnightlouise

That's just tragic. My son is five and honestly it makes me physically ill to think about it. I'll pray for your family.

joytheobscure

I found out she wasn't a twin but they were the same size so I always assumed. Cameron is the little girl in front in the picture. They said she died instantly and didn't suffer. I'm sad
ssad.gif
My son will turn five next month and I cannot imagine.