my first ever fotd. yay!

ok. this is my first fotd. i'm kinda nervous. i'm not very good with makeup technique and such so constructive criticism and suggestions would be amazing.

Maybelline lash stylist mascara
Cover Girl black onyx eyeliner
claire de lune e/s
gold mine e/s
big t e/s
passionate e/s

2006_0901macdos0247.jpg

2006_0901macdos0245.jpg

2006_0901macdos0246.jpg

Simply Elegant

I like the colour combination.

The thing I would recommend is blending with a small fluffy blending brush. It'll make the colours look seamless and amazing.
smiles.gif

Mien

Those colors look very prety on you, I really like the lips!
Just give the blending some practice, you'll get the hang of it in no time!!
smiles.gif

Showgirl

You're very pretty and so is the makeup!

One other suggestion: if you use some kind of a base under the colours they will look brighter and last better.

Cream eyeshadows are good for this (MAC Paint or, indeed, any other neutral creamy shadow) or the other thing you can use is Urban Decay Primer Potion or another product specifically designed as an eyeshadow base.

One lass on here uses ordinary vaseline (and her stuff looks amazing!) and I've seen gals on other sites who just use chapstick on their lids(!!!!) but personally I'm not a big fan of putting anything near my sensitive eyes that's not specifically designed for use in the eyelid area. I also personally find that vaseline and chapstick as base both tend to be difficult to avoid smear-age with, it's very easy to use too much.

Another nice thing to do just to "finish" the look is to use a lighter, shimmery shadow just under the eyebrow arch as a highlight - my MAC fave is Crystal Avalanche (sheer shimmery white with a silvery pearl to it), cheaper equivalents include Milani Moonlight (sheer shimmery white with blue pearl) or Milani Warm Beige (a creamy off-white with shimmer). Or if you have any kind of shimmery cream eyeshadows or even face highlight products, you can use 'em here too (but keep face stuff away from the rest of your eye area).

HTH and you have really pretty eyes!

glittergoddess27

Great job! I think I agree with the other gals,.. a nice eyeshadow base and a good blending brush will make all the difference for ya.
smiles.gif
Keep on posting!

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
You're very pretty and so is the makeup!

One other suggestion: if you use some kind of a base under the colours they will look brighter and last better.

Cream eyeshadows are good for this (MAC Paint or, indeed, any other neutral creamy shadow) or the other thing you can use is Urban Decay Primer Potion or another product specifically designed as an eyeshadow base.

One lass on here uses ordinary vaseline (and her stuff looks amazing!) and I've seen gals on other sites who just use chapstick on their lids(!!!!) but personally I'm not a big fan of putting anything near my sensitive eyes that's not specifically designed for use in the eyelid area. I also personally find that vaseline and chapstick as base both tend to be difficult to avoid smear-age with, it's very easy to use too much.

Another nice thing to do just to "finish" the look is to use a lighter, shimmery shadow just under the eyebrow arch as a highlight - my MAC fave is Crystal Avalanche (sheer shimmery white with a silvery pearl to it), cheaper equivalents include Milani Moonlight (sheer shimmery white with blue pearl) or Milani Warm Beige (a creamy off-white with shimmer). Or if you have any kind of shimmery cream eyeshadows or even face highlight products, you can use 'em here too (but keep face stuff away from the rest of your eye area).

HTH and you have really pretty eyes!

abby wears mac paint as a base, usually.