My first ever Sephora experience - I can't wait!

carriesshoes

I live in Sydney - and we don't have any Sephora stores in Australia. Plenty of reading about them has made me jealous - but I'm off to Hawaii and will be visiting one in real life!
yahoo.gif

I'm planning my haul but I have a couple of questions for those of you who get to go to them all the time...

1. The new Stila summer stuff has just come out, do you think in about 12 days they will still have plenty of stock?
2. Can you contact the store and put things on hold, and if so will they hold that long?
3. Any suggestions of things to get and brands to look out for???
4. If a magical make up god came up and gave you your choice of any 3 items - what would you get???

Any tips or suggestions???

TIA

here_is_gone_88

OOO I'm not sure but just wanted to tell you have fun! I have yet to experiance seophora! Im sure some of the girls will give you great tips!

LatinaRose

Check out Benefit products! I love Touch me then try to leave cream and hollywood glo. Nars blush and e/s is fabulous. Hmmm, what else?? There are so many products, it's a product junkie's candy store! Check out their site, too. You can shop by brand and determine what is not available where you live. Have fun!

Kristen

Wow.. Hawaii was where I had my first Sephora experience too. I remember my sister knew what it was, but I was kinda reluctant to go. She dragged me in and my jaw just dropped.. my god, makeup HEAVEN! Are you going to the one on oahu? It's huuuuge! Have fuuun girl!

carriesshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
Wow.. Hawaii was where I had my first Sephora experience too. I remember my sister knew what it was, but I was kinda reluctant to go. She dragged me in and my jaw just dropped.. my god, makeup HEAVEN! Are you going to the one on oahu? It's huuuuge! Have fuuun girl!

Yep - Off to the one in Oahu in the Ala moana Centre
smiles.gif
it's looks awesome!

We will both have lost our Sephora Virginity to Oahu. What a great place to lose it!!!
lol.gif

I've got a list and it's growing by the hour. So far it mainly consists of Stila, Biotherm and the Sephora Brand.

IslandGirl77

I've shopped at that Sephora a bunch of times. I love that place. I'm not sure about your questions, because I haven't been there in a year. But, have fun!

sonodara

What new Stila are you referring to? They have a rain and shine collection that is also sold at Nordies - they also have the Just my Luck collection from the Lindsay Lohan movie - they have had that for a while. Is there another collection coming out?

asnbrb

y'know, I'm really not sure about holding things... and I live here. The stila stuff SHOULD be there-- they don't run out too quick considering the Macy's over in Ala Moana also carries Stila. I like the Bourjois brand-- especially their mascaras and lipglosses! The mascaras make me look like I actually have lashes and the glosses are not the least bit sticky!

Were you the one asking about Sephora and Biotherm earlier?

astronaut

They should have a Sephora in Australia! They have them in so many other countries, why not Australia? I'm visiting Australia next year and I was hoping to go to a Sephora (hoping that the prices would be cheaper
winks.gif
) lol

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
They should have a Sephora in Australia! They have them in so many other countries, why not Australia? I'm visiting Australia next year and I was hoping to go to a Sephora (hoping that the prices would be cheaper
winks.gif
) lol

Hhahahaha I'm sorry but I HAVE to laugh at your comment about the prices being cheaper... IF we did have a sephora, it would be as pricy as hell and not worth it IMO... makeup is expensive enough as it is here... The only place that is more expensive than Aus is New Zealand, and they get products at least a month later...

unicorns

I first went to Sephora a few weeks ago. Generally I cannot handle the stuck up sales people at these kinds of places but this was the worst. I'm young so they looked at me like I was retarded. I left feeling dejected.

samila18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonodara
What new Stila are you referring to? They have a rain and shine collection that is also sold at Nordies - they also have the Just my Luck collection from the Lindsay Lohan movie - they have had that for a while. Is there another collection coming out?

it's the Stila summer 2006 collection

widerlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_monsta2504
Hhahahaha I'm sorry but I HAVE to laugh at your comment about the prices being cheaper... IF we did have a sephora, it would be as pricy as hell and not worth it IMO... makeup is expensive enough as it is here... The only place that is more expensive than Aus is New Zealand, and they get products at least a month later...

TELL ME ABOUT IT
lol.gif

whenever i go back to NZ EVERYTHING is 3 times more expensive than it is in Bahrain
cry.gif