My FIRST paid makeup job!!!

Lyssah

Congrats!!! You'll do a fantastic job for sure!!
greengrin.gif

Hilly

Ok the big day is this weekend! But there is a catch!!!!

1. I have the wedding at 8 am in Galveston; 4 people
2. Doing another Bride to be's makeup in Houston for her shower
3. Have 3 girls for prom

This is a lot for my first paid day LOL

I guess I am a little nervous! Anyone else ever get super booked like this? Any tips, advice? What should I bring with me (qtips, sponges, makeup remover)

User49

Have fun! Hope they pay you well! How exciting! I remember that feeling! Enjoy it! Try and get them to give you disc of the pictures for your portfolio!!
smiles.gif
cc

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Ok the big day is this weekend! But there is a catch!!!!

1. I have the wedding at 8 am in Galveston; 4 people
2. Doing another Bride to be's makeup in Houston for her shower
3. Have 3 girls for prom

This is a lot for my first paid day LOL

I guess I am a little nervous! Anyone else ever get super booked like this? Any tips, advice? What should I bring with me (qtips, sponges, makeup remover)

Okay, here is what I carry in my kit off the top of my head:

All my make-up. (All blushes, msfs, foundations, concealers, eyeliners, primers, mascaras, eyeshadows, pigments, lipglosses, lipsticks, LASHES, everything)
Everything sectioned off into its own containers.
Everything clean and organized.

Q Tips
Disposable mascara wands, lipgloss wands, lipstick wands, spatulas.
Cotton pads
Hair ties
Bobbi pins
Kleenex
Baby Wipes (or make-up wipes) in bulk.
Zip lock bag for garbage
Brush cleaner in a small spray bottle.
Water in a small spray bottle.
Make-up remover in a small spray bottle.
Zip lock bag for dirty brushes - NEVER put them back in your case, in your brush belt, or down on a table.
Make-up remover pads
Disposable Sponges
A chair that is the right height for you to work on your clients.
Bandaids
Paper Towels
Moisterizers, toners, cleansers
Tape
Mints
Hand sanitizers
Lash Glue
Mixing Mediums
Stainless Steel mixing palette
Stainless Steel spatula
Setting spray

Okay, thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Remember that each face, especially if you're doing full face, could take anywhere from half an hour to just over an hour. Keep on schedule or else you can run the whole wedding behind. The day before the wedding, sit down and look at photos of the peoples faces you will be working on - if you haven't already discussed what you are doing with them, imagine what would look good on their skin tone, skin type, and face shape. That way once you get there you already have a list in your head of what might work.

Good luck
smiles.gif

Make sure to clean your brushes between clients, if you're using the MAC brush cleanser, it should take 15 minutes for them to dry, so anticipate a 20 minute break between clients so you can do this.

Also, sanitize every product before and after you use it. Make sure you're educated on all sanitization procedures, because you don't want to risk infecting your kit by getting bacteria on a product.

blindpassion

Anytime Hil, I learned all of that information right here on specktra, so I don't mind passing it along at all
smiles.gif

Hilly

It wet very well....my back hurt with all that standng lol. will post pics soon!!!