My friend bought 2 of these - Real or Fake?

littlepickle

MAC Eyeshadow Single for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand
Hope she hasn't been duped
ssad.gif

dietcokeg

25$ is expensive for a mac shadow! the pic doesnt give much away as there is no close up but the MAC symbol at the front seems bigger then usual, thats the only thing i notice that is out of place. when she gets them you take pics of it and put it here but for now i really dont know - fingers crossed its real!

panda0410

You cant tell anything from those pics at all, the detail in counterfeit e/s are in the pots and cradle.

Hope you get authentic items!!

X_SiN_X

As Panda said you can't tell from those photos but the colours make me very wary... My bet is they are fake but I really hope not for your friend's sake.
smiles.gif

littlepickle

Here's the photos so you guys can see. The Style Warrior shadow is my own for comparison, bought from a counter. The other is the one Kimberley bought off Trademe.
4442560162_789dca4a38.jpg

4442560930_0f241c68a6.jpg

4442560438_dd7bf7db5e.jpg

4441780849_28f3dc187c.jpg

4441781371_1da4482bac.jpg

panda0410

There are certain components of the packaging that make me doubt its authenticity. You are going to need to depot it and look carefully at the base, the cradle and the pan itself.

littlepickle

Unfortunately I can't since it's not mine but thank you so much for checking it fr me Panda, I really appreciate it
smiles.gif

Jessie May

Hey, I'm from NZ too and regularly trawl the MAC listings, haha... There have been heaps of fakes popping up recently, quite a few quads actually. I definitely wouldn't purchase from this auction, there is something funny about them that I can't place and the price definitely worries me; but I'm quite cautious about buying from trade me!
I hope for your friend she hasn't been ripped off!
smiles.gif

shatteredshards

I have two authentic Angelcakes I purchased from a counter back when High Tea came out; one is BNIB, if a little beat-up, and the other was depotted.

For the color itself, Angelcake has a very obvious cool pink sheen to it when swiped, but the shadow itself is a wamer coral-pink. My guess is that a fake probably won't get that quality right, because the light has to hit it at the right angle for you to spot it, and it's not very noticible in the pan.

Based on your photos alone, I think it might be a fake.
- The shadow got banged around enough for the MAC logo to scratch off the lid, but the box is in better shape than mine.
- The logo on the lid is obviously crooked (yikes!).

I took a lot of photos, so I've only posted a few, but the rest are on my Flickr if you click a photo. Wouldn't you know that the forums don't support the standard BBCode resizing spec?