my mac box was stolen!!! what should i do !!!!

macmeup

i got back from work yesterday and i have been waiting for my mac package so i was checking my tracking #online it is says that it was delivered but there is not box at my front door and i paid for the 2 day delivery because there is a signature is required but i did not sign for it so they just left in front of my front door when there was no one home and the box was stolen
angry.gif
angry.gif
what should i do please grils i need your help this is the first time some thing like that happened to me i have had one time that there was an item missing the package but not the whole thing that i paid $350 for it i worked very hard fr that money and now it is gone
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
any help did some that had the same thing happened to you ?? what did you do about it ?

static_universe

I'm figuring since you would have needed the signature and they just left it, then the mail people would be responsible.

JustDivine

Well if it was meant to be signed for (to prevent stuff like this happening) and it wasn't then you need to get onto MAC or the shipping company cos they shouldn't have just left it at the door!!!

macmeup

so how is responsible for it mac or the delivery company i was thinking of calling mac first and should deal with delivery company not me

aziajs

I think the delivery company is responsible because it was their responsibility to ensure that the package was signed for and delivered. I think MAC's liability would more so extend to the goods themselves. For example, if something was broken or missing, etc.

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I think the delivery company is responsible because it was their responsibility to ensure that the package was signed for and delivered. I think MAC's liability would more so extend to the goods themselves. For example, if something was broken or missing, etc.

but it is there responsibility to make sure that there delivery company dose there job right so i really think that they are booth responsible for it
angry.gif

duch3ss25

Um, no. IMO, MAC sent the goods so they shouldn't be responsible. The delivery company, however, was inefficient with their service since they left a package that should have been signed by you and only you OR your agent.

If MAC sent it via USPS, call your local post office and they will get you in touch with the postal inspector (IIRC). It is, after all, a federal offense to steal other people's mail. Do the same thing if it's UPS and they should reimburse you for it. Hope you get a resolution for this soon. :hugs:

Lissa

did someone else sign for it maybe and then took it? Someone should have a copy of the signature somewhere if so. This happened to me - I was waiting for a package to be delivered to work, when after a few days it hadn't arrived (and I had paid for signature on delivery) I called Mac and they were able to track it online and read out the signed name to me (turned out to be someone in the warehouse downstairs who put it down and forgot about it). This is Uk though, where the Royal Mail scan in their signatures afterwards (if we're lucky...), so not sure if it is different with your postal service, assuming you are in the US?

amoona

MAC has no responsibility in this. The delivery company needs to be contacted and you need to rip them a new one. I hate when they just leave stuff at the door even when it requires a signature. They do it all the time!

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
did someone else sign for it maybe and then took it? Someone should have a copy of the signature somewhere if so. This happened to me - I was waiting for a package to be delivered to work, when after a few days it hadn't arrived (and I had paid for signature on delivery) I called Mac and they were able to track it online and read out the signed name to me (turned out to be someone in the warehouse downstairs who put it down and forgot about it). This is Uk though, where the Royal Mail scan in their signatures afterwards (if we're lucky...), so not sure if it is different with your postal service, assuming you are in the US?

it says delivering location and says (front door) , so no one even sign for it the just left it there all day and some just stole it
ssad.gif

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
MAC has no responsibility in this. The delivery company needs to be contacted and you need to rip them a new one. I hate when they just leave stuff at the door even when it requires a signature. They do it all the time!

that why i paid for the 2 day on mac site because it says it that maybe a signature required so i thought if no one home to sign they just drop it the next day when some is home to sign or leave me a note so i could go and pick it up from the ups store , or some thing els but do not leave it like that at the front door with no one home i mean come on !!

glamdoll

If I were you I would contact the Delivery company. Because they are the ones responsible for the delivery, specially since a signature was required. I would go to them before even going to MAC.

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
If I were you I would contact the Delivery company. Because they are the ones responsible for the delivery, specially since a signature was required. I would go to them before even going to MAC.

but i read on anther thread that on of the girls had the same problem and she contact mac and they resent the package to her or some thing like that
ssad.gif
i am soo confused i just want my makeup or my money aether one
ssad.gif

MsButterfli

wow that sucks, every delivery i got from MAC was UPS and I had to sign for it. if my landlord signs for it, it will say "signed for" and his last name on the tracking page. is there any name showing when u track it?

damsel

i would call mac. they have very good customer service. they may replace it or tell you how to handle it.

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsButterfli
wow that sucks, every delivery i got from MAC was UPS and I had to sign for it. if my landlord signs for it, it will say "signed for" and his last name on the tracking page. is there any name showing when u track it?

no it says delivery location and in front of it it says (front door) that is all
ssad.gif

when you bought from mac.com and you always sign or some one els sign because you add the 2 day delivery for your shipping , right ?

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i would call mac. they have very good customer service. they may replace it or tell you how to handle it.

that sound a good idea at least they might call ups for me and find out what happened or just replace it for me
weeping.gif

purrtykitty

I'd call both MAC and UPS. MAC should be aware since they contract with UPS and UPS isn't providing MAC with the services it (and you) are paying for. And I'd contact UPS because ultimately they are responsible for leaving a package without getting the required signature.