my mac box was stolen!!! what should i do !!!!

Mizz.Yasmine

yea call both 4 sure. UPS has good costumer service too, ur lucky it wasn't USPS.they suck with lost/stolen things.

can u have packages delivered to u at work at all? luckily i can, or maybe if u know ur working then have it shipped to a friend or relative that u know will be home next time!

i hope it works out!

macmeup

i called mac and the lady on the phone said that there system is down today and i should call again tomorrow
th_stormy.gif
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

jbid

payment is made to mac, so mac is also responsible for the delivery company. plus, if the box is missing, mac is going to send a new one, not ups. so they should be informed about this.

redambition

definitely call MAC - they are shipping it on their account and oncharging you, so although it's not their fault directly, they are the ones who have chosen the delivery company so they should be made aware of this issue.

while you can track and trace yourself, you will have a lot less luck chasing up a lost package due to a service break down - MAC would have a lot more swing with the delivery company in this case.

mjalomo

I agree. MAC chooses who to use for shipping, not the customer. You paid MAC to get this item to you, MAC contracted a delivery service, and used that service to get a package to you. You did not arrange with UPS to pick up a package at MAC and bring it to you. Getting the product to the customer is MAC's job. If they want the extra sales offering shipping brings, they assume some liability for what services they contract.

GlossyAbby

Call the delivery company. I had this happen with a delviery, not mac but the delivery company ended up finding my package and it showed up 2 days later... I had to call like 3 times though

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlossyAbby
Call the delivery company. I had this happen with a delviery, not mac but the delivery company ended up finding my package and it showed up 2 days later... I had to call like 3 times though

the box was not lost it was stolen in front of my door because the delivered it when no one was home and they did not do signature at the time of the delivery
ssad.gif

panther27

Yeah a couple of Sephora boxes were left for me at the bottom of the stairs in apt building,and they were stolen
angry.gif
But I called the post office and they had me fill out a lost/stolen form,sent it in,then I called the called the p.o.master and he took all my info.He then told me to call Sephora and give them his name and phone #and ask for a refund.I did,and they did give me refund right away.I hope everything turns okay,because I know just how you feel.It sux.Good luck!

NicksWifey

UPS does suck, I'll admit. So does FedEx and DHL. They'll all screw you over. My dad has worked for UPS for 20+ years. Once, I ordered a box of MAC and I watched the driver just throw it on my porch, he just slung it and it hit my door. I ran outside and asked him to not throw my boxes, but to place them instead. He got an attitude so I called and complained about his ass.

UPS has a habit of leaving things regardless if a signature is required. I find that I have to sign more with FedEx & DHL packages. UPS customer service is usually really good and they're really helpful. You shouldn't have a problem and the proof is in the pudding--you paid for 2 day shipping that required a signature and they left it at the door without getting one, so it's their liability.

macmeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
UPS does suck, I'll admit. So does FedEx and DHL. They'll all screw you over. My dad has worked for UPS for 20+ years. Once, I ordered a box of MAC and I watched the driver just throw it on my porch, he just slung it and it hit my door. I ran outside and asked him to not throw my boxes, but to place them instead. He got an attitude so I called and complained about his ass.

UPS has a habit of leaving things regardless if a signature is required. I find that I have to sign more with FedEx & DHL packages. UPS customer service is usually really good and they're really helpful. You shouldn't have a problem and the proof is in the pudding--you paid for 2 day shipping that required a signature and they left it at the door without getting one, so it's their liability.

thanks soo much , and i agree with you in every word , i did call mac and the lady on the phone was really nice and she toled me that the manger that usually handle this kind of problems will be in on Monday and she will give me a call back on Monday she said that they will contact ups too and do an investigation on it because the it is over $100 so i will wait and see , but this is the first time some thing like this happen to me i guess because all of my mac.com orders i waited for them to arrive and i was home and for this one i was not sure what time i come home that day so i did get the one with signature so they do not leave it at the door like he did
angry.gif
i am sooo pissed i worked really hard to get that 350 and to pay for the makeup and some get it for free . but it is ups problem this is not the way to handle people shipments
nonono.gif
, i will updated on Monday if the manger call me

macmeup

i just called the bran name manager and she said that they are going to mail anther box to me
yahoo.gif
and start an investigation with ups on that , but she need it anther adders than mine i really do not know why ??
th_dunno.gif
but i gave her my mother in law address which they live across the street from me and i toled her this time i will be waiting in front of there door , the girl was really nice and she said that they are really sorry that this happened to me , any way i toled her that they really have to talk to ups serves and they really need to improve on there delivery's by not leaving boxes like that
nonono.gif
thank goad i did not lose my 350 and i learned my lessen that i will be waiting in front of the door every time there is a box coming .