My MAC Interviews

KarlyNaNaMUA

I decided to share my experience since this site helped me so much!!!!!

So I sent a resume online for a MAC career call for freelance positions. I then got an email and scheduled a time to interview at one of the local store (Park Meadows, Colorado). At 11 am on a Thursday, I arrived at the store with my model as the email requested. About 5 other girls arrived for the interviews as well.

We all signed in, filled out some basic info about ourselves (since I had already sent my resume, I didn't have to fill out the whole application). I was the first one asked to an interview and me and a manager from another store went out to a couch in the mall and started. These are as many questions as I can remember...
*What is your favorite MAC product? How would you sell it?
*How would you close a sale?
*How would I describe my makeup ability?
*Who is my celebrity makeup inspiration?
*What is my history in sales?
*What is my history in cosmetics?
*Rate 1-10 Kim Kardashians MUA
*What media I use to keep up with current trends and makeup?
*What are my goals for working with MAC?

I studies by butt of for the interview: history, sales, products, collections, this website... It paid off! I also had an opportunity to show her my portfolio. Overall it was about 45 minutes long.

After I was asked to do a demo (not every one was).

I was given a booth to do the demo on the model I brought. I was then given a tear sheet from a Mary Kay add to replicate. Mine was a warm toned frosted-natural eye, pink cheek, red lipstick and high gloss.I had to do the look with 10 products or less. I had a few minutes to review the look. Then she came over and explained my time limits and the sanitation process (which I had studied). Then 5 minutes to gather products. I chose... (don't remember the colors)
*Strobe Cream
*Prep+Prime Face
*Studio Sculpt Foundation - NW 30
*Powder - NW30
*Powder blush
*2 frosted eye shadows
*Hi-Def Mascara
*Red lipstick from luster series
*Red Lip glass
*eyebrow gel

I was then given 5 brushes: 190,187, 242, 192, and I cant remember the last one. I had hand sanitizer, alcohol, disposable tools and a pitri dish at my booth also.

I then had 30 minutes to recreate the look. After I was asked to critique myself, then she critiqued me. She then did eyeliner on one eye with Fluid-line in Black Track and brush 192. I had to replicate it on the other eye. I again critiqued myself and then she did. I was then told to clean my station and wait for a call.

So about 4 days later (to my surprise) I received an email from the original recruiter telling me to fill out a Nordstrom online app and the email her so they can have their HR pull it. A few hours later I received an email from Nordstrom wanting to schedule a phone interview. That's next Tuesday. So over all I have a possible 15-20 hour/week position at the MAC counter in Norstrom, Flat Iron Crossings Mall...

Wish me luck all and good luck to any one out their on the same path!!