My new nails, which I love, and what it took to get them right

love_and_hate

So I went out Friday to get my nails done with one of my girlfriends, but by the time she picked me up my usual nail place (which I SWEAR BY!) was already closed. So we went to a different one. I told the guy what I wanted (shown below) and he said he couldnt do it the way I wanted it, but he could airbrush it. Ok, thats cool, whatever. I WILL NEVER GET AIRBRUSHING AGAIN. It chipped, literally, within an hour. And the colour that he airbrushed on was a crazy flamingo pinkish orange, when I was looking for more of a bright ass dayglo pink. So, after attempting to fix it myself and failing, I went to another place and told them what I wanted. I made sure this time to be VERY specific. Well, long story short, she started to do it, messed it up, and told me that thats what I had said when it wasnt. I apologized for not being clear enough, but I really think I was. Whatever, they did a good job and it was only 7 bucks to get it fixed. And now, I love them (and isnt that all that matters?)

whodoyouthinkyouare106.jpg

If youre curious as to what the colours are, its Milanis Black Magic on the bottom and ORLYs Passionfruit on the top
Lemme know what you think
smiles.gif

Kali

hunnybun

hey kali -- love the nails. very sexy. are they acrylic or your real nails?

totally know what you mean about incompetent nail salons. i have one and only one woman that i'm able to go to. it's been over five years now since i've seen anyone else and some days i think i love her more then my husband.
greengrin.gif

thanks for sharing!

love_and_hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybun
hey kali -- love the nails. very sexy. are they acrylic or your real nails?

totally know what you mean about incompetent nail salons. i have one and only one woman that i'm able to go to. it's been over five years now since i've seen anyone else and some days i think i love her more then my husband.
greengrin.gif

thanks for sharing!

I wish they were real! My real nails are hideous, very uneven and thin as hell lol
I went to a girl for.. I wanna say like three years, and I loved her. She did my nails and eye brows and every single time they were PERFECT. Then she got engaged and moved away. I havent found a better nail girl since =( her and I still talked up until recently though lol she even sent me a wedding invitation!

Glad you like them =D

Kali

MiCHiE

Coming from a nail tech, that's really hot. I have a client that likes to get her toes that way.

NicksWifey

I think I told you in your new hair thread that I loved your nails! They're awesome and the shape looks so natural. Gawd, this makes me want my acrylics back now!