My new Tattoo

CuddleyBlossoms

Really really love this.

S4022931.jpg

The pic was taken about an hour after it was done. I always get lots of comments on it but more often "That's a different place to have one!"

Vicky88

That's soooooo pretty! I love it.

I really like wrist tattoos, that's where I want mine.
smiles.gif

CuddleyBlossoms

Thanks peeps, I am very proud of it.

I have a solitary blue rose on my right ankle that I want extended with more blue roses and lots of thorns so it comes down and around my ankle over my foot.

orodwen

that is one of the more beautiful pieces i've seen in a while. where did you go to have it done? how long did it take for you to decide on this & what does it mean to you?
smiles.gif
just lovely!

CuddleyBlossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by orodwen
that is one of the more beautiful pieces i've seen in a while. where did you go to have it done? how long did it take for you to decide on this & what does it mean to you?
smiles.gif
just lovely!

Here in dreary Scotland at a tattoo studio named Ink Demons. It took about an hour as there was a lot of intricate work done even though it's quite a small tattoo, doesn't quite show up in the pic but about 4 different blues were used for shading.

I have a thing about wrists
graucho.gif
(perhaps I am turning into a vampire *shrugs*) doesn't mean anything in particular except the design to me kind of amalgamated 2 of my favourite art influences, Art Nouveau and Gothic. I hadn't intended getting one, I went along with a friend when I saw the most beautiful designs. Last time I had a tattoo done was 11 years ago. I am sure there is a website for the artist but I cannot for the life of me remember the name, I will chase it up though. As soon as I saw it I fell instantly in love and just had to have it and the wrist seemed like the ideal place.

Chic 2k6

it's a beautiful tattoo, i wouldve been in pain if i had my wrists done =|

loving the shades of blues, really pretty

dollbabybex

is it painful on the wrist?

be honest as i need to be prepared!
smiles.gif

although i do have a high pain threshold

they gave me 1 and a half slot for my first one (on my lower back before EVERYONE had one!
ssad.gif
)

and it only took 40 minutes... as i was so still and stuff.

id be scared id move my wrist too

let me know! x

CuddleyBlossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbabybex
is it painful on the wrist?

be honest as i need to be prepared!
smiles.gif

although i do have a high pain threshold

they gave me 1 and a half slot for my first one (on my lower back before EVERYONE had one!
ssad.gif
)

and it only took 40 minutes... as i was so still and stuff.

id be scared id move my wrist too

let me know! x

To be honest it was nippier there than the ones I had done on my ankles, so tender there. However after about 10 mins the area kinda numbed up and when the outlining was done, the rest was a breeze. I wouldn't necessarily say painful (on a tattoo-pain scale), just rather awkward. For the wrist to be done I was kinda sitting at a funny angle and I had to keep my arm rotated which made my shoulder sore and that probably kept my mind off the tattoo itself. I just had to keep doing some shoulder rolls to ease up every now and then but I had no desire to move my wrist.

If you have had your back done then the wrist will be no problem for you.