My preeeciooous.. MAC palettes!

twiztdlilangel

It looks amazing...I am the most disorganized person in the world...my fiance' had to help me with mine as i was just goin to throw them all in there

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztdlilangel
It looks amazing...I am the most disorganized person in the world...my fiance' had to help me with mine as i was just goin to throw them all in there

If I were do to that, I would never be able to sleep again!
winks.gif
I'm still pondering how to organize my purples, as there are so many red/purples and so few blue/purples... *sigh*
th_wink3.gif

Almond_Eyed

If you don't mind me asking, how do you afford to buy so much at once! I've filled about 1.5 of my 2 eyeshadow palettes in almost 5 years along with a few basic brushes and lipsticks! Do you use most of your collection?

I don't mean to come across in a negative way, I'm just really curious.

<3

darklocke

I don't mind at all, feel free to ask!
smiles.gif

First of all I have to say that eyeshadows is the one makeup product I use (in addtion to an eyeliner/kajal and a mascara), and I love experimenting and playing with colors - so yes, I use most of them (keep in mind that my collection still is kind of "young"). At an age of 29 years I had never ever worn a lipstick or even a lip gloss in public, so I might have gone a little "overboard" when I got the ones pictures in this post - but I love them all, and I can use them even if I don't bother with any other makeup.

Second, makeup is A LOT more expensive here in Norway than in the US, or even Canada. Items that are expensive to you might just be really cheap to us, and makes it even easier to go a little nuts. Also you have a lot wider variety than we have, and it's needless to say that I'd rather buy me some MAC from the US, than for instance L'Oreal, Maybelline or some other drugstore brand, at the same price or even more here in Norway.

And last, but not least, the most important thing: I don't spend loads of money on shoes, clothing, jewelery or partying. I don't have a car. I don't have any kids. I don't spend my money on fancy restaurants, the movies, vacations or other small trips that easily sucks the money right out of you, or anything like that. I contribute to the household (I live with my BF), I pay my share of the rent and the other bills, and I spend whatever I have left on things that make me happy! Maybe a book, maybe a DVD or maybe makeup, and that's the way I've been able to grow my collection so quickly.

I guess that's what happens when you introduce a 29-year old to a brand new, and humongous world of colorful makeup.
th_wink3.gif

Almond_Eyed

^ Ah that makes a lot of sense. I guess it really depends on which country you're in, the economy and costs of products and services are very different. Where I live, the cost of living is very high relative to the average income, so buying MAC makeup at Canadian prices is still very expensive.

<3

Leliforever

your collection is so freaking beautiful that I just printed your palettes in order to carry them in my wallet in case I go to mac!
please post the rest of them!!!

vintageroses

OMG I'M JEALOUSS!hahahhahahhahah but really happy for you tooooooooooooo!
drools.gif
hahahhs :) :) :) & yes MAC is SO EXPENSIVE IN AUSTRALIA!
ssad.gif
lipsticks are like $35!!! I wish we had the price you guys have in the US!& i was just like you, i didn't use lipstick at all! I just got hooked onto it & i already have way too many! But then again we can never have enough right? hahahs

I LOVE your neutral colours!! & yes post more alrights!? hahahhs

MORE
mac_haul.gif
mac_haul.gif
mac_haul.gif

<3 it!!!!

LC

for someone who has only been into mac for a little over a year, you have an amazing collection of LE colors that date back 4-5 years ago. Congrats on getting your hands on those
smiles.gif

mintbear82

I love your Neutrals and Browns palette, I definetly wrote down every colour and intend on putting one togethor for myself. Thanks!
th_DANCE.gif

mac_addict.gif

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintbear82
I love your Neutrals and Browns palette, I definetly wrote down every colour and intend on putting one togethor for myself. Thanks!
th_DANCE.gif

mac_addict.gif

"My" Neutrals & Browns palette is courtesy of MakeupGeek!
smiles.gif
I used her recommendations, from the website, for this palette.