Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anneri

I didn't get any of the Llarowe nps from last night. I'm very curious to see how the store will work when it'll open after the overhaul. I won't be astonished if MeiMei will stop carrying Enchanted. I don't care really - it's nearly impossible to get those things outside of the big launches because everything is always sold out. And I've never been able to snag something during the launches because clearly you need some internet kung-foo abilities I obviously lack. Anyways, end of rambling here. Manis!
78f033af_image.jpeg
Maybelline Brocade in Knitted Gold. Chipped almost immediately though it's undoubtedly very pretty.
54acbc2f_image.jpeg
Color Club The Uptown. Would have been better with a purple base.
0de867a6_image.jpeg
Indigo Bananas Anansi. Love.

Fuzzy

I used Picture Polish Revolution under glitter. It's not a peel off base, but it makes removal much easier.

Oh dear, that's not good. Won't be trying that one then. The Hare looks nice though (adds it to her must-try-soon list...).

Gorgeous, especially the top one!

I found this little gem in Superdrug today, a new Maybelline Street Artist topcoat. They also had green, blue and orange ones, but those didn't have glitter, whereas this has blue, green and purple glitter and purple micro glitter. This is called White Splatter.

Pretty! nice find!

I usually put a matching colour jelly polish under my glitter polishes which makes it easier to get off(and makes them last on my nails longer) but the large glitters still take some soaking time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

I didn't get any of the Llarowe nps from last night.
I'm very curious to see how the store will work when it'll open after the overhaul.
I won't be astonished if MeiMei will stop carrying Enchanted. I don't care really - it's nearly impossible to get those things outside of the big launches because everything is always sold out. And I've never been able to snag something during the launches because clearly you need some internet kung-foo abilities I obviously lack.
Anyways, end of rambling here.

Manis!

Maybelline Brocade in Knitted Gold. Chipped almost immediately though it's undoubtedly very pretty.

Nice manis!

wearecloudy

You know. I actually forgot how bad non big 3 nailpolish smells. I got a few bottles of genuine black label OPI in the mail today and when I swatched them I gagged. I remembered the smell...but, I forgot how bad it actually was. Still, Maliblue and At Your Quebec and Call are pretty.

MRV

I used Picture Polish Revolution under glitter. It's not a peel off base, but it makes removal much easier.

Oh dear, that's not good. Won't be trying that one then. The Hare looks nice though (adds it to her must-try-soon list...).

Gorgeous, especially the top one!

I found this little gem in Superdrug today, a new Maybelline Street Artist topcoat. They also had green, blue and orange ones, but those didn't have glitter, whereas this has blue, green and purple glitter and purple micro glitter. This is called White Splatter.

That's a nice one. I don't know why but we don't seem to get all these Maybellines here. There was some new ones though, it might be this collection.

Butter London is having a 50% off sale right now on a ton of colors!!
Oh no! I should so get some BLs (no selection here I guess), but nothing is happening before payday. For some reason the makeup shades and the holiday shades have not been available in the big online stores here. And they already have a new collection, too!

I didn't get any of the Llarowe nps from last night.
I'm very curious to see how the store will work when it'll open after the overhaul.
I won't be astonished if MeiMei will stop carrying Enchanted. I don't care really - it's nearly impossible to get those things outside of the big launches because everything is always sold out. And I've never been able to snag something during the launches because clearly you need some internet kung-foo abilities I obviously lack.
Anyways, end of rambling here.

Manis!

Lovely manis! I finally got the Uptown some weeks ago, too.

And here's DL The Knight (interesting warm copper + pewterish and even blurplish combo)

MRV

I love this one! Another one for the must wear soon list!
girlhaha.gif

I mostly only like the sand polishes, but the duochrome one is interesting too.

My nails are far from strong, so no ide why they break sideways. At least they've stopped peeling now since I started using the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth products, so hopefully they'll grow back quickly.

Here's my mani, Femme Fatale Lucent Ametrine over Nails Inc Dover Street. It's a bit more pinky purple than it shows in the picture, but my camera sucks at picking up purples properly, so I settled for these pictures.

The other night I worked out how much I spent on make up and nail polish and I was shocked, I knew it was loads, but to see the total in black and white...
jawdrop.gif
So I'm selling off loads of my unused/unwanted make up, the link to my sale thread is in my signature if anyone's interested.
This was left out again... Thanks, Anitacska! Lucent Ametrine looks lovely! I have not worn it yet.

Anneri

Hey MRV, please tell us more about the rubber Freddy (sounds like a particularly nasty axe murderer, doesn't he?)! Love the DL you're wearing. Think I have its drugstore dupe! Here's my new mani. I saw something like it - a gradient skittle with glitters - sometime ago and bought the NCLA topcoat just for this and now I think it looked better without it - oh, the irony!!!
104d060a_image.jpeg
8c9bc40d_image.jpeg

Fuzzy

Thank you for the link! I think I will get some, but I have to be selective.

I think the Brazil one is greener and possibly darker, too.

Femme Fatale said on the 14th that she is expecting a restock for March (if I remember correctly), but that was 3 days ago..

And where it will be announced!

Thank you for the list! I was actually able to get Gunfighter on Wednesday morning here. Some of the shades were still available. Did not go for a third though (although I was interested in Runt), because they did not combine the orders. I hope they are not putting anything interesting up next week, not until the new site.

Judging from the amount of polishes I've received this week (so many sales...) you could think I have not been cutting back, but I have at least skipped something, and some Mac collections, too. I need ot be more selective from now on. I did have a look at Llarowe brands yesterday, and there's nothing urgent there.

I got recently two sets of thimblettes for "rubber Freddy removal". They work like a charm - the polish is literally melted away - but perhaps that's not the best method three times a week or my nails melt away, too. I have basicly stong nails, but there's some peeling. I don't use any special products, just cuticle/hand creams and oils. Elevation sent me a sample of their cuticle balm (made of different oils). I'm keeping it in my purse now because the weather has changed (last week it was raining like crazy, and a week after that we had -17C!), so my hands are suffering.

I don't think Glitter-a-Peel would suit me. They are water soluble, no?

Awesome combo and mani, the first one. Love MA, too. I often push the bigger glitters with my nail to help a bit (but the rubber-Freddy melts them away, too - at least the snow flakies did).

That's a nice one. I don't know why but we don't seem to get all these Maybellines here. There was some new ones though, it might be this collection.

Oh no! I should so get some BLs (no selection here I guess), but nothing is happening before payday. For some reason the makeup shades and the holiday shades have not been available in the big online stores here. And they already have a new collection, too!

And here's DL The Knight (interesting warm copper + pewterish and even blurplish combo)

Glitter-a-peel isn't water soluble, if it gets stuck you have to use remover.

eyelove.gif
the DL is so pretty!

Hey MRV, please tell us more about the rubber Freddy (sounds like a particularly nasty axe murderer, doesn't he?)!

Love the DL you're wearing. Think I have its drugstore dupe!

Here's my new mani. I saw something like it - a gradient skittle with glitters - sometime ago and bought the NCLA topcoat just for this and now I think it looked better without it - oh, the irony!!!

hmmm, I think I like it better without the glitter too- it looks very chic!

Anitacska

Thank you for the link! I think I will get some, but I have to be selective.

I think the Brazil one is greener and possibly darker, too.

Femme Fatale said on the 14th that she is expecting a restock for March (if I remember correctly), but that was 3 days ago..

And where it will be announced!

Thank you for the list! I was actually able to get Gunfighter on Wednesday morning here. Some of the shades were still available. Did not go for a third though (although I was interested in Runt), because they did not combine the orders. I hope they are not putting anything interesting up next week, not until the new site.

Judging from the amount of polishes I've received this week (so many sales...) you could think I have not been cutting back, but I have at least skipped something, and some Mac collections, too. I need ot be more selective from now on. I did have a look at Llarowe brands yesterday, and there's nothing urgent there.

I got recently two sets of thimblettes for "rubber Freddy removal". They work like a charm - the polish is literally melted away - but perhaps that's not the best method three times a week or my nails melt away, too. I have basicly stong nails, but there's some peeling. I don't use any special products, just cuticle/hand creams and oils. Elevation sent me a sample of their cuticle balm (made of different oils). I'm keeping it in my purse now because the weather has changed (last week it was raining like crazy, and a week after that we had -17C!), so my hands are suffering.

I don't think Glitter-a-Peel would suit me. They are water soluble, no?

Awesome combo and mani, the first one. Love MA, too. I often push the bigger glitters with my nail to help a bit (but the rubber-Freddy melts them away, too - at least the snow flakies did).

Love The Knight! I've just received mine in the post!
cheerleader.gif

Hey MRV, please tell us more about the rubber Freddy (sounds like a particularly nasty axe murderer, doesn't he?)!

Love the DL you're wearing. Think I have its drugstore dupe!

Here's my new mani. I saw something like it - a gradient skittle with glitters - sometime ago and bought the NCLA topcoat just for this and now I think it looked better without it - oh, the irony!!!

I agree, it looks better without the flakies.

Yes, please MRV tell us about the Rubber Freddy (hahaha, yes, it does sound like a mass murderer
lol.gif
)! It took me forever to remove Lucent Ametrine even with the Revolution base coat under it. I think it was a particularly dense glitter, usually I don't have that much trouble with removing glitter.

I have finally, finally received my December Llarowe preorder together with the order from 2 weeks ago (which included The Knight). I have taken pictures and will post them later together with my current mani (Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming with the new Maybelline graffiti polish on the accent finger).

MRV

Hey MRV, please tell us more about the rubber Freddy (sounds like a particularly nasty axe murderer, doesn't he?)! Love the DL you're wearing. Think I have its drugstore dupe! Here's my new mani. I saw something like it - a gradient skittle with glitters - sometime ago and bought the NCLA topcoat just for this and now I think it looked better without it - oh, the irony!!!
104d060a_image.jpeg
8c9bc40d_image.jpeg
Freddy's coming... Thanks, Anneri! I think I like your mani better without the glitter, too.
Glitter-a-peel isn't water soluble, if it gets stuck you have to use remover. :eyelove:  the DL is so pretty! hmmm, I think I like it better without the glitter too- it looks very chic!
Oh, ok. Isadora has also a peelable BC, and it said something about water. I have to check it out. Thanks. Fuzzy!
All 3 are gorgeous! I've been meaning to try the Uptown and I agree, it would look better over a purple base colour. Love The Knight! I've just received mine in the post! :cheer: I agree, it looks better without the flakies. Yes, please MRV tell us about the Rubber Freddy (hahaha, yes, it does sound like a mass murderer :lol: )! It took me forever to remove Lucent Ametrine even with the Revolution base coat under it. I think it was a particularly dense glitter, usually I don't have that much trouble with removing glitter. I have finally, finally received my December Llarowe preorder together with the order from 2 weeks ago (which included The Knight). I have taken pictures and will post them later together with my current mani (Different Dimension Just Keep Swimming with the new Maybelline graffiti polish on the accent finger).
Thanks, Anitacska! Looks like we've been receiving the same orders from Llarowe this week. I got three packages from them one day, and they really were not even shipped the same day!

MRV

Okay, here's the rubber Freddy. I just cut small cotton pads in half, put some remover on them, and wrap them around fingers. Then a thimblette goes on top. Some soaking. And voila!
21e70035_image.jpeg
(This is a reconstruction. No actual removing is happening. :) )

wearecloudy

I finally got Sparkling Garbage!!! It was marked down at Sally and I got my hands on it! Woop! I also bought another Orly called Aqua Pixel which is from the FX line.

Anitacska

Got an e-mail from Enchanted Polish, there will be a PRE-ORDER for December 2013 and January 2014 next Sunday and it will last for an hour, so I'm hoping the quantities won't be too limited. I need to see the shades first though, I'm not buying more EP just because it's EP, I want interesting shades! (Oh who am I kidding, lol?!)

MRV

Quote:
Got an e-mail from Enchanted Polish, there will be a PRE-ORDER for December 2013 and January 2014 next Sunday and it will last for an hour, so I'm hoping the quantities won't be too limited. I need to see the shades first though, I'm not buying more EP just because it's EP, I want interesting shades! (Oh who am I kidding, lol?!)
The pre-order is a welcomed change. And the fact that it's after my payday! Hope there's something good.
New mani. The colour is so totally wrong. It's a VERY intense green teal, nothing blue in it. Nails Inc Warwick Way
th_drool.gif
and FF A Frosty Shake.

This is closer to the real colour:

Anitacska

Quote:

Great haul, and love the mani. That In the Dark Place looks so lovely in the bottle. I hope it's good on nails, too.

cheerleader.gif

The pre-order is a welcomed change. And the fact that it's after my payday! Hope there's something good.
New mani. The colour is so totally wrong. It's a VERY intense green teal, nothing blue in it. Nails Inc Warwick Way
th_drool.gif
and FF A Frosty Shake.

This is closer to the real colour:

My camera is really rubbish at picking up the correct colour. :( But your mani is very nice either way.

Yes, In A Dark Place is really pretty, hope the duochrome comes through nicely.

ILNP has posted a couple of pictures of their new multichromes, they both look gorgeous! Can't wait for the launch.

My Norway Nails order arrived today, but ARGH! I am so mad at myself!
angry.gif
I once again managed to buy polish I already have, and this time 3 of them! Just how stupid is that??? So if anyone would like Lilypad Lacquer Oceanic and Clover All Over and Femme Fatale Starfall, PM me, I'll let you know the prices. They're gonna be pretty reasonable since I got them all half price (but Norway Nails is usually more expensive than others).

Anyway, here's my haul:

The ones I'm selling are in the bottom row.

And finally, here's my mani, just a simple one today, CbL Rizzo. It's such a pretty colour and the holo is gorgeous (luckily it's been sunny here), but it doesn't half show up all imperfections (and I do have loads as my nails got a bit damaged when I peeled my Orly Sparkling Garbage mani off last week).

Naughtyp

I was able to order the Colors by Llarowe Valentine's set tonight. Glad that's finally over. Here's the mani I removed. Picture Polish Warning with Emily de Molly Bellissima on the tips.
heart.gif

Here's my previous Marie Antoinette theme inspired mani. It's also my first mani of 2014. Takko Marie Antoinette. It snowed and was freezing outside when I took this pic. I'm not made for the cold! I was trying capture the pretty pink shimmer in the polish, but couldn't keep my hands exposed to the frigid air for very long.

I'll do my next mani tomorrow. I'm just going to nurture my nails tonight and let them rest.
beautiful! need to post on IG lol

Naughtyp

Over the last couple of weeks I haven't been on here much, busy with school and work. ive been added to lots of facebook groups but I must say, there is tons of drama!!! this place is much friendlier and I will make more of an effort to post here again. I joined a group where people sell their polishes and its worse than ebay! I did manage to get a bunch of enchanteds last week...August 2013, Tenderheart, Life in Plastic, its Fantastic, Love the way you lilac, april 2013, Awesomeness, and Ocean Potion. wayyyyyyy to much money whoa! but now I only have 2 on my list ( May 2013, and Shrimp Cocktail). I missed the Takko restocks, but I wasn't that worried. I wasnt planning to get anything from the CBL restock, but after all that drama happened, I ended up getting Rizzo, precious Metal and Pink Twinkle. Leah Ann said that Thriller will be back in her spring collection, which makes me happy suz I passed it up before, but now I really want it lol . I still wnt the holiday colors from ILNP, but I am broke as funk now. I want the dior colors too, but so far they haven't got great reviews..... I did complete my gwen Stefani collection tho =) oh ya, I had also got Enchanteds Once upon a cloud on ebay, but I ended up swapping it for tenderheart. I put Queen of the Castle over a grey revelon polish and it looked almnost the same as OUAC, but even better so I had no problem swapping it away! I cant remember anything else......lol but I promise to regularly post here again im over all the drama that exists on fb ( and in the mac threads here lol ).