Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

LoriQ

Here's my mani, Deborah Lippmann Sugar Daddy with Beauty UK Posh Polish Antique Chic on the accent fingers.

I really like this. The duochrome is lovely and the glitters are so sparkly and almost look like they're floating above the nail.

My Rainbow Connection order arrived yesterday. I got Laquerlicious Gut Feeling, Bite Your Tongue and Hare King of Carat Flowers.

Love your mani! Sooo pretty!

Anneri

My battle for love: Dior Trafalgar

I hope you are on the winning side, MRV!
winks.gif

Anneri

I didn't do any kind of Valentine's mani either - I was much too occupied with baking After Eight cupcakes! :haha: Here's my pimped mani I did when my last one started to chip - BL British Racing Green in a 'spotted' mani over Bipa Bronze Changer.
57c86477_image.jpeg
It's similar to water marbling, you drip some polish into water, spray some hairspray at it so the polish develops the spots and then you dip your nail into it. Easy! And here are some cupcakes for all you lovelies!
a647883e_image.jpeg

Fuzzy

My battle for love: Dior Trafalgar

love a good red! Those MAC matte tubes are so pretty and feel so nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

I didn't do any kind of Valentine's mani either - I was much too occupied with baking After Eight cupcakes!
girlhaha.gif

Here's my pimped mani I did when my last one started to chip - BL British Racing Green in a 'spotted' mani over Bipa Bronze Changer.

It's similar to water marbling, you drip some polish into water, spray some hairspray at it so the polish develops the spots and then you dip your nail into it. Easy!

And here are some cupcakes for all you lovelies!

Hair spray? Interesting!

ooo cuppycakes!
bouquet.gif
Thanks Anneri!

I just dyed my hair, it's back to dark now. Next time I need to use a bit more than one tube I think... it was very hard to get it everywhere. It doesn't look too uneven or anything though so crisis averted! One and a half next time or something... rather throw out a little than not have enough. Of course I miss a call from the mailman, so I'm gonna have to go pick up a parcel one day. arg! lol I think I will order myself a delivery dinner tonight from Swiss Chalet!

Anitacska

Anitacska, love that golden / duochrome mani!

MRV, pretty red!

Anneri, pretty mani as well :)

KIKO 282 Coral Pink (2 coats)

Gorgeous!
heart.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Super cute, Mintymilky!

CbL Strega

It's a very glowy polish!
Very nice mani!

Here's mine, Naild It Salmon Run with black rose stamping. Would've been nice for Valentine's day, but I only did it last night. I messed up the polish a bit, but the stamping did come out very well.

MRV

Here's my mani, Deborah Lippmann Sugar Daddy with Beauty UK Posh Polish Antique Chic on the accent fingers.

I really like this. The duochrome is lovely and the glitters are so sparkly and almost look like they're floating above the nail.

My Rainbow Connection order arrived yesterday. I got Laquerlicious Gut Feeling, Bite Your Tongue and Hare King of Carat Flowers.

Lovely mani! I like the colour of DL (which unfortunately I don't have) and the glitter is very nice, too.

MRV

Cute mani! I've never tried water marbling, it seems a bit too messy for me. Yummy cupcakes, thanks!
kissy.gif

Gorgeous!
heart.gif

Very nice mani!

Here's mine, Naild It Salmon Run with black rose stamping. Would've been nice for Valentine's day, but I only did it last night. I messed up the polish a bit, but the stamping did come out very well.

Nice to hear that you were able to stamp with no problems now!

I'm wearing EP A Little Fishy Told Me for my father. It's the same-ish colour as my earrings. A light aqua, even grayish, I would say rather than mint.

Anitacska

Thanks, Anitacska! Actually, I had an extended date with my sofa and the flu(ish). No difference to my previous Valentine's!
girlhaha.gif

Oh, that could be the best way to start experimenting with water marbling! Yummy! I can taste them!

Thanks, I would not mind having the tube is more colours! I should have dyed my hair yesterday, too, but I was still too tired to do that.

Thank, minty! Cute mani!

Yes, such a lovely red on you!

I'm wearing EP A Little Fishy Told Me for my father. It's the same-ish colour as my earrings. A light aqua, even grayish, I would say rather than mint.

This is pretty. I never got this.

Gonna try some more stamping tonight, I'm really excited about it now. I've been eyeing up a couple of sets on Harlow & Co, but I need to add some polish for the free delivery and I actually haven't got a wishlist at the moment other than the new Picture Polishes, but they're not released yet. I did place a small order from Rainbow Connection last night for a few Femme Fatales, but that's all I've bought for about a week now. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, lol.

CartoonChic

Polish and cupcakes. What a nice way to spend Valentine's Day.

I've been amazingly good with my polish purchases. I've cut back drastically. My number of untrieds is obscene. It's nearly at 1,000. I've only bought 40 polishes since the new year. I think I'm going to start selling some of them and purge some brands that I don't really wear. There's going to be a huge Colors by Llarowe preorder with a whopping 28 new colors. I can use the money from the sales to buy some.

As much as I love the colors and cute bottles, my Essie collection may be one of those brands that I purge. I was buying before wearing, and I'm finding that Essie seems to chip after a day on me. I'm not sure if it was only the few colors that I've worn or if Essie just isn't compatible with my body chemistry. I'm going to try a few more colors to see. But I think Zoya and Essie are similar brands, and Zoyas seem to wear better on me.

CartoonChic

Thanks, Anitacska! Actually, I had an extended date with my sofa and the flu(ish). No difference to my previous Valentine's!
girlhaha.gif

Oh, that could be the best way to start experimenting with water marbling! Yummy! I can taste them!

Thanks, I would not mind having the tube is more colours! I should have dyed my hair yesterday, too, but I was still too tired to do that.

Thank, minty! Cute mani!

Yes, such a lovely red on you!

So pretty and delicate. It matches your ring so well.

CartoonChic

Cute mani! I've never tried water marbling, it seems a bit too messy for me. Yummy cupcakes, thanks!
kissy.gif

Gorgeous!
heart.gif

Very nice mani!

You're really getting the hang of those stamping plates! Seems like it will be a great way to go through your untrieds.

Bcteagirl

Some bottlepics + swatches for you ladies from Essie Encrusted Treasure. I freaking LOVE that blue shade, it switches into a purple slightly and its so beautiful. Belugaria is a disaster though.

I don't love any of these. Sad to see Hors D'oevres doesn't go on silver with blue, for some reason I was sure it was not a topper. So thank you, you may have just saved me a bit of heartache :p
Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

I wasn't online that much this week, because I just had a bout of gastritis - so annoying! My quick and easy mani: one of the drugstore polishes I got in Vienna. It's a nice turqoise sand polish.
Feel better soon! Love the sand polish, that is my thing right now. And such a nice shade!

mintymilky

Fuzzy, that's a great red!

MRV, pretty! :)

Bcteagirl, thank you! It would have suited Valentine's Day but I'm sure you'll sport it any other day as well :)

Anitacska, I love that salmon colour!

essence - electric blue

Bcteagirl

Polish and cupcakes. What a nice way to spend Valentine's Day.

I've been amazingly good with my polish purchases. I've cut back drastically. My number of untrieds is obscene. It's nearly at 1,000. I've only bought 40 polishes since the new year. I think I'm going to start selling some of them and purge some brands that I don't really wear. There's going to be a huge Colors by Llarowe preorder with a whopping 28 new colors. I can use the money from the sales to buy some.

As much as I love the colors and cute bottles, my Essie collection may be one of those brands that I purge. I was buying before wearing, and I'm finding that Essie seems to chip after a day on me. I'm not sure if it was only the few colors that I've worn or if Essie just isn't compatible with my body chemistry. I'm going to try a few more colors to see. But I think Zoya and Essie are similar brands, and Zoyas seem to wear better on me.

I have cut back drastically as well. I have only about about 6-7 polishes this year, and all used. (Not including gel polish, where I bought 2 new and 4 on clearance.. because you need them to work with the machine!!). Going to wait until after Chickweek in April then maybe place a larger spring order from llarllowe (Harllowe?). That is if I don't pig out on polish when I travel to the states in March lol.

Zoya's seem to do better on me as well, so you are not alone there!