Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Thanks hun! I thought that you look amazing in the pics you posted too! What was your mani?

Great mani! Yeah, I think that's the problem with the Llarowe glitter holos. I bought Purple Pizzazz too and you nearly can't spot the glitters in the bottle.

Very delicate and springy looking!

Ooooh, I love the Zoya! That's a beautiful colour! Great haul too!

Doh, I completely slept on that one.

Heh, that looks like a fun mani!

Oh no, sorry you forgot about the EP pre-order. Knowing my luck they're probably going to be boring colours. I'll let you know if I don't want them?

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri

I also tried a gradient mani today! Came out quite well if I may say so. I used three polishes, EL Teal Topaz, Mac Ocean Dip and Essence I Like.

Gorgeous! That's something I've yet to try, gradient mani. I usually do my nails in the evening (9 pm onwards), so often don't feel like messing about with several polishes.

Here's mani, Kiko 433 which is a gorgeous blue/green/purple duochrome in the bottle and much brighter than it looks on the nails. Applied it's just a dusty dark purple with green duochrome. Disappointing. I also quickly did a subtle stamping on the accent nail with the EdM plate and Topshop Eclipse.

Today I received the custom polishes Darling Diva made for the FB group. They are very pretty, especially Cotton Candy Hangover which is a blue/purple duochrome holo. Violets Are Blue is much more holo than CCH and it seems to have some chunkier holo particles in it as well. Nice.

LLarowe posted this on FB just now:

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Cult Nails - launch of Casual Elegance Collection - Limited Edition
Different Dimension - restock and new colors
Girly Bits - restock and new products
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
A Box, Indied - April box
Thursday, March 27, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Contrary Polish - new collection
Lilypad Lacquer - restock and new colors
Friday, March 28, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Colors by llarowe - Limited Edition Charity polishes
Picture Polish - restock
Polish Mystery Bags

Fuzzy

I've just e-mailed Llarowe with my picture of Pink Sprinkles. I like it very much and wouldn't have bothered to complain, but since she was offering refunds....
girlhaha.gif

Cool, man!
dapimp.gif

You gotta take what you get!
lol.gif

Oh no, sorry you forgot about the EP pre-order. Knowing my luck they're probably going to be boring colours. I'll let you know if I don't want them?

Gorgeous! That's something I've yet to try, gradient mani. I usually do my nails in the evening (9 pm onwards), so often don't feel like messing about with several polishes.

Here's mani, Kiko 433 which is a gorgeous blue/green/purple duochrome in the bottle and much brighter than it looks on the nails. Applied it's just a dusty dark purple with green duochrome. Disappointing. I also quickly did a subtle stamping on the accent nail with the EdM plate and Topshop Eclipse.

Today I received the custom polishes Darling Diva made for the FB group. They are very pretty, especially Cotton Candy Hangover which is a blue/purple duochrome holo. Violets Are Blue is much more holo than CCH and it seems to have some chunkier holo particles in it as well. Nice.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Thursday, March 27, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Friday, March 28, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Picture Polish - restock
Polish Mystery Bags

It's too bad the polish wasn't as pretty as it looked in the bottle, I like dusty, dark colours though, so I think it looks nice! .... says the one who goes out in entirely charcoal gray outfits far too often
girlhaha.gif

I put on a texture mani... I'll do pics tomorrow when it's light. I wussed out and put topcoat on, I couldn't take the weirdness!!! It was giving me the nails-on-a-chalkboard heebie jeebies.
blink.gif
lol.gif

Bcteagirl

I've just e-mailed Llarowe with my picture of Pink Sprinkles. I like it very much and wouldn't have bothered to complain, but since she was offering refunds....
girlhaha.gif

Cool, man!
dapimp.gif

You gotta take what you get!
lol.gif

Picture Polish - restock
Polish Mystery Bags

Great haul and mani!
Let us know how it goes with Llarlowe!

I went with the Mint Llynderella, and UD and a couple others for my blog post win. THen since it didn't add to the shipping, I bought a clinique eyeshadow, my first Mfu-Oh (Spelling may be wrong) and an Orly. Will post when they get here.

For those of you who purchase stamping plates, I ran into two MoYou stamping plate vendors in various malls in Vegas. NEITHER of them had anything but the round plates, or a 200$ plate that had all the round plates on them. None of the themed plates, as apparently it was not the 'season'. How common is this? And since when is their a stamping plate season? :p

I was so happy to see them, but I wound up not buying any as I would rather wait and buy a themed plate later than plain ones now.

kimibos

Thanks hun! I thought that you look amazing in the pics you posted too! What was your mani?
Thanks, i had Forever 21 Pink Icing a dupe for deborah Lippman's candy shop.
i only did 2 coats tho. 3 would be more like the DL one.

uggh i LUV IT!!! i still have macs ocean dip but i barely use it, its perfect. i dont want to run out of it! EVER!

Quote: Originally Posted by Anitacska Today I received the custom polishes Darling Diva made for the FB group. They are very pretty, especially Cotton Candy Hangover which is a blue/purple duochrome holo. Violets Are Blue is much more holo than CCH and it seems to have some chunkier holo particles in it as well. Nice.

Picture Polish - restock
Polish Mystery Bags
the purple one looks pretty!
i want to try lilypad lacquer!
Thanks for posting the info!

MRV

I'm going to comment later, but I was just browsing collections with intent to order something from my list. Feeling quite underwhelmed, must be the spring colours. Then I checked out some upcoming summer collections, and looks like Orly is delivering some colour again!

http://beautyjudy.com/2014/03/orly-baked-collection-for-summer-2014/

Edit: other swatches, look at this! (other shades from the sidebar on the right)

http://picturedtinsel.blogspot.de/2014/02/orly-tropical-pop-orly-baked-collection.html

Anneri

I've just e-mailed Llarowe with my picture of Pink Sprinkles. I like it very much and wouldn't have bothered to complain, but since she was offering refunds.... :haha: Cool, man! :pimp: You gotta take what you get! :lol: Oh no, sorry you forgot about the EP pre-order. Knowing my luck they're probably going to be boring colours. I'll let you know if I don't want them? Gorgeous! That's something I've yet to try, gradient mani. I usually do my nails in the evening (9 pm onwards), so often don't feel like messing about with several polishes.  Here's mani, Kiko 433 which is a gorgeous blue/green/purple duochrome in the bottle and much brighter than it looks on the nails. Applied it's just a dusty dark purple with green duochrome. Disappointing. I also quickly did a subtle stamping on the accent nail with the EdM plate and Topshop Eclipse.  Today I received the custom polishes Darling Diva made for the FB group. They are very pretty, especially Cotton Candy Hangover which is a blue/purple duochrome holo. Violets Are Blue is much more holo than CCH and it seems to have some chunkier holo particles in it as well. Nice. LLarowe posted this on FB just now:  Tuesday, March 25, 2014 we will be launching the following lines at 12:00pm MST and again at 7:00pm MST:
Picture Polish - restock
Polish Mystery Bags

Thanks! It was actually not that much work, but quite messy. I was astonished though how easy it was! In daylight it doesn't look perfect, but well, I'll try again at some point. Yes, keep me updated on the EPs! That would be nice. Though I'm quite holo'd out lol! Love those DDs. Would you mind sharing the fb group with me via pm?
:eyelove:  great job! It's too bad the polish wasn't as pretty as it looked in the bottle, I like dusty, dark colours though, so I think it looks nice! .... says the one who goes out in entirely charcoal gray outfits far too often :haha:   I put on a texture mani... I'll do pics tomorrow when it's light. I wussed out and put topcoat on, I couldn't take the weirdness!!! It was giving me the nails-on-a-chalkboard heebie jeebies. :blink: :lol:
You'll get used to it, promise! I remember that I couldn't stand the feeling at first either.
They Look Gorgeous! sorry you didnt like some of them. Do you have the PP Evolution base? i have read about the glue-type bases, how they come off all of a sudden.  i got the PP base and i have been using glitters lately. its much easier to remove. your MAni is very Prettyy. :heart: nicce haul, i have the Jindie one in my wishlist at LLarowe. Or Steal it! :haha: huh now i want the Elevation polish. Magenta Pinks are the only pinks i like. i'll check it out. I like it, wont show it to my mom cause she is going to make me do it on her. She loves Yellow. Thanks, i had Forever 21 Pink Icing a dupe for deborah Lippman's candy shop. i only did 2 coats tho. 3 would be more like the DL one. uggh i LUV IT!!! i still have macs ocean dip but i barely use it, its perfect. i dont want to run out of it! EVER! the purple one looks pretty!  i want to try lilypad lacquer! Thanks for posting the info! 
Hey thanks girl! Post some manis over here too! I miss them!
I'm going to comment later, but I was just browsing collections with intent to order something from my list. Feeling quite underwhelmed, must be the spring colours. Then I checked out some upcoming summer collections, and looks like Orly is delivering some colour again! http://beautyjudy.com/2014/03/orly-baked-collection-for-summer-2014/ Edit: other swatches, look at this! (other shades from the sidebar on the right) http://picturedtinsel.blogspot.de/2014/02/orly-tropical-pop-orly-baked-collection.html
I feel quite underwhelmed by nearly all mainstream polish brands nowadays. All those cremes and jellies and glitter tcs are surely nice, but I mostly own the colours already or am not interested in them. I tried stamping again tonight (I'll go swimming tomorrow morning and nothing wrecks my manis as quickly as the chlorine so tonight is a good opportunity for trying new things) and it turned out quite well! Looking forward to my order from Born Pretty Store with more stamping plates!
e718a9b2_image.jpeg

Fuzzy

I'm going to comment later, but I was just browsing collections with intent to order something from my list. Feeling quite underwhelmed, must be the spring colours. Then I checked out some upcoming summer collections, and looks like Orly is delivering some colour again! http://beautyjudy.com/2014/03/orly-baked-collection-for-summer-2014/ Edit: other swatches, look at this! (other shades from the sidebar on the right) http://picturedtinsel.blogspot.de/2014/02/orly-tropical-pop-orly-baked-collection.html
Oooooh Ablaze!! Ok texture mani, which is not very textured anymore, but still looks kind of texturey. :lol: OPI Solitaire(white) and OPI The Impossible(pink)
93874049_image.jpeg
This was the one second of sunshine I got lol
2f061658_image.jpeg
The Impossible looks a million times better with topcoat and way better in person- it's so dimensional. But so hard to fish stars out! :p

Bcteagirl

The Impossible looks a million times better with topcoat and way better in person- it's so dimensional. But so hard to fish stars out!
tong.gif
Very pretty! I do love jelly polishes. :) It can sometimes be hard to tell online which are jelly like and which are not :p

Fuzzy

Very good stamping! Reminds me I need to practice my stamping more!

Very pretty! I do love jelly polishes. :) It can sometimes be hard to tell online which are jelly like and which are not :p
The Impossible is actually a sand, it's just very translucent and not as sandy as some of the others are, it was one of the first 4 sand polishes OPI put out so that might be why.
I like to google for swatches, people will complain about sheerness and then you know it's the right one!
girlhaha.gif

Anitacska

I don't think I'd get used to all the fuzz that would get caught on it from my acrylic blankets, even if it's appropriate with my username!
lol.gif
They weren't drying very well on me, but nothing seems to fully dry on me without the fast dry top coats.

Nice stamps!

The Impossible is actually a sand, it's just very translucent and not as sandy as some of the others are, it was one of the first 4 sand polishes OPI put out so that might be why.
I like to google for swatches, people will complain about sheerness and then you know it's the right one!
girlhaha.gif
Nothing ever dries quickly on me. I don't know what we did before fast drying topcoats....

Bcteagirl

I'm going to comment later, but I was just browsing collections with intent to order something from my list. Feeling quite underwhelmed, must be the spring colours. Then I checked out some upcoming summer collections, and looks like Orly is delivering some colour again!

http://beautyjudy.com/2014/03/orly-baked-collection-for-summer-2014/

Edit: other swatches, look at this! (other shades from the sidebar on the right)

http://picturedtinsel.blogspot.de/2014/02/orly-tropical-pop-orly-baked-collection.html
Somehow I missed this post before, thank you! I kind of like ablaze and lush :)

MRV

Uh, still getting back on commeting later, but for now here's my second contribution to this week's odd manis. "Ninja Yeti on Woodstock"

Ninja Yeti (TC with black glitters and tiny pink purple shimmer) is a gift from Elevation. I happened to order a minimun 3 polishes just when they handed out annual gift polishes (of which I knew nothing about). I think it could have been a bit better if it did not contain black hearts, they made the application a bit tricky as the glitter density is very high. Ninja Yeti is not available, it was gifted this one time only to customer that ordered on March 7th.

Fuzzy

Uh, still getting back on commeting later, but for now here's my second contribution to this week's odd manis. "Ninja Yeti on Woodstock"

Ninja Yeti (TC with black glitters and tiny pink purple shimmer) is a gift from Elevation. I happened to order a minimun 3 polishes just when they handed out annual gift polishes (of which I knew nothing about). I think it could have been a bit better if it did not contain black hearts, they made the application a bit tricky as the glitter density is very high. Ninja Yeti is not available, it was gifted this one time only to customer that ordered on March 7th.
Neat!

It's always fun to get a surprise!

Anneri

Oooooh Ablaze!! Ok texture mani, which is not very textured anymore, but still looks kind of texturey. :lol: OPI Solitaire(white) and OPI The Impossible(pink)
93874049_image.jpeg
This was the one second of sunshine I got lol
2f061658_image.jpeg
The Impossible looks a million times better with topcoat and way better in person- it's so dimensional. But so hard to fish stars out! :p
Love it, actually! The stars are so cool!
Uh, still getting back on commeting later, but for now here's my second contribution to this week's odd manis. "Ninja Yeti on Woodstock" Ninja Yeti (TC with black glitters and tiny pink purple shimmer) is a gift from Elevation. I happened to order a minimun 3 polishes just when they handed out annual gift polishes (of which I knew nothing about). I think it could have been a bit better if it did not contain black hearts, they made the application a bit tricky as the glitter density is very high. Ninja Yeti is not available, it was gifted this one time only to customer that ordered on March 7th.
Hey, that's some good cs! I like it a lot. Don't know what the hearts have to do with yetis though! ;-) Does anyone plan to order some of Llarowe's special LE polishes? I like some a lot, but I'm not sure yet.

Anneri

When I did my mani today I tried PP Revolution for the first time and this happened:

Anybody knows what the hell happened here?!

I had to take everything off and do it again - without the PP!

It's IB Moonlight on the middle finger, the accent on the ring finger is Chanel Delight and everything else is EdM Pyrite.

Anitacska

When I did my mani today I tried PP Revolution for the first time and this happened:

Anybody knows what the hell happened here?!

I had to take everything off and do it again - without the PP!

It's IB Moonlight on the middle finger, the accent on the ring finger is Chanel Delight and everything else is EdM Pyrite.
Did you use Revolution alone or on top of / below another basecoat? This has happened to me when I tried it with another basecoat. It works fine on its own for me. I like the mani!

I've got a little haul to show you. I picked up some fun polishes at the 99p store, a blue feather, a green star and a yellow star glitter. Also got a new Revlon graffiti topcoat (not for 99p).

I also have a mani to show you. It's Ciate Heirloom. Reminds me of ILNP Nostalgia, but this has more purple and less green to it and also it's more sparkly/shiny. Really like it.

Next I'm planning a holo mani with some stamping.

Medgal07

PHEEEW! I finally managed to finish up swatching sticks for all of my used polishes over the weekend. I did the last 75, and they are almost 400 now.

Here's the latest mani: LSL Mint to Be.

Beautiful MRV. That's quite a job you pulled off with your swatch sticks---you must feel good having accomplished all of that---wow!