Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Fuzzy

Sephora by OPI will be on Hautelook Monday.

Question: I bought the 4 sided nail buffer from Sephora. How long does one of these generally last?
I have a 4 sided nail buffer from Sally Beauty and I think I've been using it for a year at least, but I don't use it all the time, just when my nails get flaky if I've scrubbed them too hard removing glitter or something.

My building's front door got smashed sometime last night, I got the mail at 2:30am and it was fine then!
ohboy.gif

Anneri

Nice! I hope you'll get a new set of Oopsies, keep us posted. Oh no, that's bad, so they had a wrong picture? I would not want to return anything, well not anything that costs less than 10 Euros!

I checked out the teal polish yesterday, and could not find anything similar in my stash. I suspect that it is Fresh Cut Grass, although it's not green. Maybe she added a wrong shade of pigment or something.

Thanks, next time then?

Lakrids is not actually the same thing as salmiakki to us (here, there are three kinds of people: 1) salmiakki lovers, 2) chocolate lovers, or 3) licorice lovers). Salmiakki is stronger in taste than licorice (because of ammonium chloride). Foreigners think it's salty, but we don't think so.

Nice haul! I've got the turquoise jelly, too.

All the polishes are named Oops! I have to find a way to distinguish them on my list!

Thanks! I actually like them because I don't have holos in these colours, and they are nice colours.

Yesterday I also received my package from Harlow. Super fast: I ordered last Friday evening, and it was here the following Thursday.
This is KBS Chick Me Out. It was quite nice for a yellow, a bit uneven for some reason but the TC smoothed most things out.

I love all three!!!

Just got back from my short trip to the Blackforest and Northern Italy, still catching up on all threads!

Bcteagirl

haha I've had sproutier ones too, but usually those ones were in the dark cellar in a paper bag... this one was sitting on my counter out in the light!

I was thinking as it started raining how much it smelled like a summer storm!

I have a 4 sided nail buffer from Sally Beauty and I think I've been using it for a year at least, but I don't use it all the time, just when my nails get flaky if I've scrubbed them too hard removing glitter or something.

My building's front door got smashed sometime last night, I got the mail at 2:30am and it was fine then!
ohboy.gif
Thats right, that day had a nice summer smell to it we don't get today. I hope saturday is fabulous. :)

Thanks, I will try to make this buffer last until at least November then. I am going to try to use it after every 3rd polish or so.

And oh no to your front door getting smashed!! Perhaps you should not get the mail at 2:30am, who knows what crazed villains are about eh? ;)

PearlyQueen

Okay, monster haul post. First up is my huge LLarowe order that arrived yesterday:

The new multichrome scattered holo Dance Legends. 844 and 845 look very similar, but they're not.

845, 844 By the way I'm wearing the neon green Claire's polish my daughter gave me for my birthday. It's more minty green, not yellow irl.

My 3 Oopsies, House of Blues and Wind Beneath My Wings

Lilypads, Sherbet is on the left. Nice, but not what I ordered. By the way, I haven't heard back yet.

And now my Harlow&Co order that arrived today. Funny story actually, my daughter and I were at the vets with her cat, Paws, and the postman was there, he then went out and came back with my package, asking do I want to take it then?
lol.gif
He obviously knows me way too well. Actually I think he hates me for all the packages he has to deliver. But still, this was really nice of him.

I did some stamping on my neon mani, but I did it in white and it doesn't really show up. I didn't want to do black as it would've been too harsh. On the upside, I used Anneri's credit card scraping trick and it worked really well. (Once again, the colour is way off, it's a lot more minty green irl.)

Wowser, that reminds me of my old hauls! And some gorgeous colours there. I'm fond of a CbL I have to admit.
Those Dance Legends are near the top of my shopping list, but I'm hoping to test out some more of my Chameleons before I order, just to make sure that the colours work for me.
Your mani is really channelling spring! Your daughter chose well - and the delicate stamping works for my taste.

Jill1228

I'm in love with the indie line called Pretty Bitch. Most of the polish names are NSFW. Gorgeous shades http://www.prettybitchpolish.com

Anitacska

My Enchanteds came today. I'm still a bit meh about the green one, but the blue one is pretty. I still wish she did more interesting polishes like the Beatles or the Time To Pretend ones. I like the Mishka ones, but have no hope in hell to get them.

Anyway, I picked up a couple of polishes while I was out shopping, one is the Barry M Superdrug exclusive for their 50th birthday and one was free with other purchase from Collection (I bought a concealer, there's the best cheap one around).

And finally my mani, WingDust Steel Town Girl. It's so pretty, but was a bit hard work, especially painting with my left hand, I left a few lumps where the flakes didn't lie flat. Hohum.

kimibos

My Enchanteds came today. I'm still a bit meh about the green one, but the blue one is pretty. I still wish she did more interesting polishes like the Beatles or the Time To Pretend ones. I like the Mishka ones, but have no hope in hell to get them.

Anyway, I picked up a couple of polishes while I was out shopping, one is the Barry M Superdrug exclusive for their 50th birthday and one was free with other purchase from Collection (I bought a concealer, there's the best cheap one around).

And finally my mani, WingDust Steel Town Girl. It's so pretty, but was a bit hard work, especially painting with my left hand, I left a few lumps where the flakes didn't lie flat. Hohum.

Gorgeous mani! i was just looking at Wing Dust polishes last night at LLarowe.

Love your haul, i dont think the Misha Website is Going to be prepared for the traffic of EP addicts. its going to be a luck thing. and then its just going to crash.
i have no money so i wont try. the purple one i like.

i want her to make some of the beatles points sooo bad i only have 2. and im missing 1 from the time to pretend collection. she is the laziest Seller ever. i like her polishes but her ethics are so bad. no wonder many people dont work with her anymore.

kimibos

soo i just read this at Nouveau Cheap. i Want BU's

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-very-special-opi-shade-is-coming-back.html

PearlyQueen

Thank you. He's been bitten by a horrible stray cat that's been terrorizing the neighbourhood and he's got an absess on the side of his face, bless him. Been given some antibiotics and he seems to be feeling well, but still very swollen.

Hahaha, yes, me too! Hope you had fun on your trip!

On second inspection I actually really like April. But March is still a bit meh for me.
Oh poor Paws - Morph had that years ago, it's most unpleasant, but he was fine after a few weeks in a head cone. Hugs to your kitty from me!
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the pics I've seen of the two Enchanteds too - I'll reserve judgement till I've got them in the flesh, but the green isn't something I'd have chosen, and the grey/lilac while cute is not outstanding.

PearlyQueen

I have no idea why it was our door unless it was something personal, it's back from the street and you would have to walk up the stairs I'd think to do it and there isn't anything right here except residential and a church. Just weird. Good thing I did get the mail then because I wouldn't be able to get it now, the glass is still everywhere(I have no idea why... cops/insurance hasn't come yet?). This isn't going to be good for mail or other deliveries, visitors or residents without an elevator key.

Poor baby Paws, I hope that abscess heals quickly!

Very pretty!
People can do the oddest and nastiest things - be careful!

PearlyQueen

Those are cute colours. And I love your mani - really different.
I just don't get the Enchanted lady - I don't think she's going to sell anything but mystery monthlies and new shades in future, but the others are so popular it should be in her own interest to make them more available. And her outside stockists are getting more and more thin on the ground - and they're all hard work in their own way with Meimei's unannounced restock policy, NPC's limited shipping options and Femme Fatale's expensive shipping plus import duties. It's like she hates us! I was really disappointed to hear that Harlow was dropping out, and Norway Nails too as I'd been lucky with both. I kept watching out for new stockist announcements (like maybe one in the UK!) but no sign - not even when Llarowe, who must have taken loads, dumped them.

Anitacska

Those are cute colours. And I love your mani - really different.
I just don't get the Enchanted lady - I don't think she's going to sell anything but mystery monthlies and new shades in future, but the others are so popular it should be in her own interest to make them more available. And her outside stockists are getting more and more thin on the ground - and they're all hard work in their own way with Meimei's unannounced restock policy, NPC's limited shipping options and Femme Fatale's expensive shipping plus import duties. It's like she hates us! I was really disappointed to hear that Harlow was dropping out, and Norway Nails too as I'd been lucky with both. I kept watching out for new stockist announcements (like maybe one in the UK!) but no sign - not even when Llarowe, who must have taken loads, dumped them.
Yes, she is very odd. I've really gone off EP now, and I don't think I'll bother with the upcoming mystery polishes. I got these two because she released them at the same time, so shipping was $11 instead of $9 for just one. She obviously has made enough money by just doing what she's doing and can't be bothered to please the customers. Her polishes sell out anyway. Hohum.

mintymilky

Monsy, that looks perfect! Colour, application - just super pretty!

My new polishes by OPI (both deliver amazing opacity):

OPI - Live.Love.Carnaval

OPI - Kiss Me I'm Brazilian