Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

OPI Fall/Winter is gonna be The Nordic collection (As in Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland/Iceland), im stoked (Duh). Hoping for some fun colors!
th_sign_woot.gif
That's great news! I hope they will make a good collection so that we don't have to be
blinks.gif
when we see the colours and names!

Honi

th_sign_woot.gif
That's great news! I hope they will make a good collection so that we don't have to be
blinks.gif
when we see the colours and names!
I got curious and googled, there are pics of three of the shades and the names are:

- Skating on thin Ice-land
- Viking in a vinter vonderland
- Thank Glögg it's friday (Dark red shimmer from what I can see)
- Do you have this color in Stock-holm? (Blurple)
- Suzi has a Swede tooth
- My dogsled is a hybrid
- How great is your Dane
- Cant afjord not to
- My voice is a little norse (Dark grey-ish glitter)
- OPI With a nice finni-ish (? Dunno if that is misspelled or mixed up)
- Ice-bergers fries
- Going my way or Norway

http://nailsave.com/store/opi/250-opi-nordic-collection-fall-winter-2014/

Dominique33

Thank you MRV, I removed Rose Moiré, I'll try something else maybe a Dior one,
eyelove.gif
a Dior np is so easy to apply ! I have Destin, mauve/taupe/ it works better than Rose Moiré.

MRV

Here's the latest manis. I shortened my nails (hoping to get healthy nails for summer), and put on a holo - ILNP Mega.
43ebe589_image.jpeg
And my BD mani: Dior Nuit 1947 and CbL Oxen. Rather vampy for spring but there's a number/word play: this year my mother's birth year is my age and vice versa. And we are both Taurus of course!
a0f0074b_image.jpeg
I actually like Oxen a lot! It's holo is nice also in lower/artificial lighting.

Dominique33

I got curious and googled, there are pics of three of the shades and the names are:

- Suzi has a Swede tooth
- My dogsled is a hybrid
- How great is your Dane
- Cant afjord not to
- Ice-bergers fries
- Going my way or Norway

pompom.gif
Sounds great, I love the names ! Thank you for posting !

MRV

Thank you MRV, I removed Rose Moiré, I'll try something else maybe a Dior one,
eyelove.gif
a Dior np is so easy to apply ! I have Destin, mauve/taupe/ it works better than Rose Moiré.
Unless the brush is not ok. Forgot to say that the brush of my Nuit 1947 was disformed in two directions - it was difficult to apply!

Dominique33

I have Nuit 1947 too, honestly speaking I have never had such issues, I see what I mean because my top coats always take 2 directions, esp. the Kiko ones ! I tried the Formula-X top coat recently, it's quite good I think !

Anitacska

iM SO STUPID!! I just remembered! i wanted to stalk for the Takko polishes!
Sorry you missed the Takko polishes. I was lucky as Llarowe added more of the P series polishes between the two restocks, so I managed to grab the two I wanted plus two Wing Dust polishes. Otherwise I wouldn't have waited up until 2 am!

PearlyQueen

Yep!
yes.gif

Yes, my experience with Sally Hansen polishes is that they are extremely slow drying. I do have a lot of them because some of them have really gorgeous multichrome, but it's not really worth the effort.

Hahaha, yes, mine were everything but pretty!

I did manage to salvage them though, I put Models Own Shash Up Silver on top followed by Indigo Bananas SF25+ holo top coat. Due to the holo topcoat I lost the duochrome effect, but at least my nails now look good.

Nice save!

PearlyQueen

I actually like Oxen a lot! It's holo is nice also in lower/artificial lighting.
I love both of those manis! I do own Oxen, but again haven't worn it - it didn't jump out in the bottle, I must admit. I was actually a little disappointed with the look of it, but you're selling it well!

PearlyQueen

iM SO STUPID!! I just remembered! i wanted to stalk for the Takko polishes!
I don't think there was much hope of getting them - I was in there for the first launch (though they weren't restocking the only one I was desperate for), and though I got in immediately, they were already sold out. Facebook was full of WTF posts about them all being gone by 1 minute past, and Llarowe said it had been really small numbers this time. (If it helps, I believe they're doing a restock on www.takkolacquer.com @ 7.30 pm est on 29th April)

Fuzzy

- Suzi has a Swede tooth
- My dogsled is a hybrid
- How great is your Dane
- Cant afjord not to
- Ice-bergers fries
- Going my way or Norway

I hope How Great is your Dane is good... or else! LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by MRV

Here's the latest manis. I shortened my nails (hoping to get healthy nails for summer), and put on a holo - ILNP Mega.

And my BD mani: Dior Nuit 1947 and CbL Oxen. Rather vampy for spring but there's a number/word play: this year my mother's birth year is my age and vice versa. And we are both Taurus of course!

nice manis, Oxen is very pretty!
Happy birthday!
bouquet.gif

I ordered a few polishes from Llarowe yesterday, I didn't manage to get Ted's Laugh during the first stocking, and I figured I'd spent enough so I didn't try later. I did get WingDust These Broken Wings though, so I'm happy about that!

kimibos

I don't think there was much hope of getting them - I was in there for the first launch (though they weren't restocking the only one I was desperate for), and though I got in immediately, they were already sold out. Facebook was full of WTF posts about them all being gone by 1 minute past, and Llarowe said it had been really small numbers this time. (If it helps, I believe they're doing a restock on www.takkolacquer.com @ 7.30 pm est on 29th April)
Congrats Girls!!! i dont really have money now to buy nail polishes, so i really want to get unique shades with the coins i have
girlhaha.gif

Thanks Pearly Queen im going to try to get atleast 1 takko.

Anitacska

happybirthday.gif
MRV! I'm so sorry, I was meant to say this 2 days ago, but my head's been all over the place and completely forgot. Hope you had a fab day. (PS. My Mum was also born in 1947, like your mum, but as I'm the youngest, it's my sister who's very close to your age.)

MRV

I always love the fun names OPI come up with. Might have to get the Stockholm one since I love everything Swedish. Also others if they are nice. Never actually got any of the Hungary/Budapest ones from the Euro Central collection, didn't like the colours much.

Both are gorgeous! I've still yet to buy the new ILNP multichromes, might just wait for the new pre-sale as they tend to reduce the prices by $1 then.

Thank you!
Good to hear you've managed to sell the Oopsies. I have not ordered anything from Llarowe this week, but I pushed the buttons for some RBLs and new Essies.

I took my time with the ILNPs, too. Postponed the purchase twice.

DILLIGAF

I have a question for all you nailpolish junkies out there. Is it me or has Essie fallen short lately? I usually have my nails chip in about 24 hrs after painting. Its just the way it is. The last 2 times I've painted with Essie I've had it chip in HOURS! Maybe it's just me?