• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

nair eyebrows /shaping tut

milamonster

***try at own risk*** below there are comments about a result of discoloration so please be aware.

so some people have asked me about my eyebrows and I told them that I nair my brows (and also get threaded when im not at school). and yeh, you're not "supposed" to do it, but uhh yeh im stubborn and i haven hurt my eyes yet. I can't stand tweezing and waxing my eyes start watering too much. I get them threaded when not at school. I know it sounds weird, but just to be more specific I just put together an extremely bootleg tutorial to show exactly what i do. Once again yes, I know most of you guys would not put nair on your face.But this also works if you just want to tweeze or wax around this instead of using nair
smiles.gif
This is also a shaping tutorial.

eyebrowtut.jpg

1. brush your brows into place.
2. get sally hansen's bursh on hair remover and a q tip
3. draw in how you want your brows to be to ensure you can recreate the shape when the time comes.
4. go around that shape using the qtip . don't put too much on.but remember you can ALWYAS wipe off , no biggie.
i close my eye htat im apllying it on while im doing it. but this isnt a drippy product.
5. get a cotton pad and wipe it off. I also go to the bathroom and rinse off my brows and use soap and dry them with a towel
6. the result, sorry so dark
7. take benefit's brow zings in dark. dip in the left side first and apply . then dip in dark one and apply to brow. Then go back over with the left one. THis works really great if you're like me with naturally sparse brows (they have never grown in certain places since i was a baby...weird)
8. voila!
extra step can be to use any old eyeliner to define it.
end result
100_1542.jpg

hyperRealGurl

this is truely amazing....... ahhh i must try this im sol tired of tweeezing... although i do shape mines out like u did urs with the pencil to get the inital shape and tweezing guide going...

circe221

WOW!!! Your brows look great!!! I would be kind of nervous about putting that stuff on my face, since I have really really sensitive skin.

But I do have a question - how do you get the shape to be the same on both sides? Every time I try to shape my brows on my own they end up crooked...yours look pretty symmetrical, and in the close up at the end the shape looks perfect!

jenii

Ah, so the Sally Hansen stuff is good, then? I used to use Nair for the face, but it would like, discolor the skin it was on... Sally Hansen's doesn't do that, does it?

Anyway, I should try that out sometime. My eyebrows are pretty well defined, so I don't have to shape them, I just have to get those annoying little hairs that grow where I don't want them to, and tweezing is too damn much trouble.

Yeah, I'll try this when I have extra money for the Sally Hansen stuff.

Still gonna do waxing for my upper lip and cheeks, though. It's just the eyebrow area that is so expensive to get done, I'd rather be able to maintain it myself.

*Luna*

You do have FAB eyebrows however, I would like to say Beware of the Nair!!! Over time it will darken skin because of chemical burn. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I do love having mine threaded. I wish I could find a place close to home that does it! Also a technique I would love to learn!

Threading Hair removal tut anyone???

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luna*
You do have FAB eyebrows however, I would like to say Beware of the Nair!!! Over time it will darken skin because of chemical burn. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I do love having mine threaded. I wish I could find a place close to home that does it! Also a technique I would love to learn!

Threading Hair removal tut anyone???

i didn't know that nair would do that. ive been nairing my hair on my legs for years, but that is the brand nair. this is sally hansen's im not sure if it has the same affect though it is the same chemicals.
thank you for the heads up. like i said, i only do this really when im at school since no one can do it for me.
but as well, tweezing or waxing after creating the shape is also fine.

My actual ultimate goal is to be able to just "keep up" my brows, so i don't have to have alot of hair, you know?

i go to ziba to get threading done. as well any place where there is a large Indian population I was told. you should see if you have a ziba near you. i think the site is zibabeauty.com

lipshock

Oh, wow, I really like this tutorial, but I think I am way too much of a chicken shit to put a depilatory cream on my face, especially near my eyebrows (I am already too OCD about them). I can just imagine: slipping, making some stupid mistake, and OOPS! half of my eyebrow is gone. Kudos to you, MilaMonster! ...But I am going to try this next time I wax, tweeze, and trim!

Your eyebrows look fabulous by the way.

user79

Wow, I would never do it that way, but hey - whatever works for you! It obviously looks great on you.

d_flawless

this turned out really pretty!

i would be way too chicken to even try, but then again, depilatories make me break out!

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
can you do a tut for the colours on your lids. I like it

i can try to, but it wouldbe later this week. ill try to mimic what i did

readyformycloseup

You have PERFECT brows m'lady. Thanks so much for sharing! You are brave too, I wax but can never get in to specific areas so close to the brow using wax the way you have with the Nair. Your tutorial is great.

your brows look fabulous! i just wanted to throw in that i wax my own brows with a nads kit from CVS. i cant stand tweezing and would have to tweeze way too much to get my brows the way i want them to look. the nads kit comes with a vial of wax, prepping towelettes, and cloth strips. the wax has a flat plastic applicator that is super easy to use, and you can easily get the shape you want. it is pretty effective, i only have to go back and tweeze a couple of hairs every once in a while. hope that helps someone!

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm curious how long does it last for before the hair starts growing back?

i wanna say two weeks.
but it grows in slow and isn't noticeable
kind of like how it grows in with threading
when i used to waxed it grew in faster and weirder
but i usually don't have to do the process all over again. I tweeze in between until i get lazy and let it grow more then reshape/nair.

breathless

you have awesome brows! thanks for the tut! although, everytime i use nair or sally hanson diplitories [sp?], my skin starts to burn and rip and bleed! eeks! but, i know that i'm the odd ball out there. lol.

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathless
you have awesome brows! thanks for the tut! although, everytime i use nair or sally hanson diplitories [sp?], my skin starts to burn and rip and bleed! eeks! but, i know that i'm the odd ball out there. lol.

oh woow, yeh, definitely stay away from them.
but this is just a shaping tut to show how to do them. i didnt mean for every1 to take it as this is the only way to do it. but that is how i shape them and of course i had to show the nair part because that's how i do mine. but threading around the shape or even waxing works too. i was actually going to make a vid tut

clumsydaisy

I like that trick! I am so tired of plucking it but grr I am still down at the basics where I can't even draw the shape of my eyebrows properly!!

Latest posts