Nars Fall 2008 @ Lord & Taylor

MaryJane

My local Lord & Taylor had the new Nars fall 2008 collection. It wasn't on display yet but the MA showed it to me. Apparently they just got it.

I bought both e/s duos. They are variations on copper and brown. Not super unique but both dues can be work together.

Also got female trouble gloss and seniorita lipstick.

Dolce Vita blush....this looks pretty but I think this is will be hard to wear for certain skin tones. I'm NW 20 and when the MA tried it on me, it wasn't flattering at all. Even the MA said it looked harsh on me, and this was after alot of blending. I do think DV will look good on those w/more of an olive skin tone and women of color. The MA (who was paler than me) said she loved the color but it's not for everyone.

lovelyweapon

Aw I'm dying to try Dolce Vita but I'm not so sure if the color will be flattering on me. Thanks for the insight!

TheManda

Nordstrom Michigan Ave. got part of their fall collection in. Also they have the black eye kit in. It has Pandora, Black Moon, Mascara, and Eye makeup remover. ($60)
They also have a lip set in that has Bettina, Cafe con Leche, and Cruella plus a sharpener for $45.
They are doing pre-sells for both for their sale that starts on the 18th. If you pre-order you can get it on the 15th. (same with fall colors I think...)

Nartian24

SF Saks got their collection in too. I got the 2 duos, and the Dolce Vita blush & velvet l/p. The eyeshadows are all very pretty & very no-brainer for me.

Even though MA used a light hand with the Dolce Vita blush, he still had to use the powder foundation to sheer it down. He even warned me it's super pigmented.

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
The blush is now available at Sephora online and at narscosmetics.com. Has anyone picked it up yet?

It's on it's way to me, I will let you know. They put it on me at the Nordies and it seemed a bit dark, but they didn't use a skunk brush. I love incredibly pigmented blushes so I am sure I can make this work for me.
yes.gif

tvsnow

I have Dolce Vita and Isolde. I haven't had the chance to use either yet. I'll keep you posted.

Trista

I cant wait to check out the blush. I do have several red toned blushes so I'd have to try it on IRL before purchasing.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
It's on it's way to me, I will let you know. They put it on me at the Nordies and it seemed a bit dark, but they didn't use a skunk brush. I love incredibly pigmented blushes so I am sure I can make this work for me.
yes.gif

Would you please ballpark how dark you are? I kind of want it, but I don't want something I can't wear

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
so sad sephora doesnt have it yet

Lol, yeah I checked two days ago. Oh well. Someone the BOC sub-forum mentioned that it looks like Loverush. I hope not...

kimmae17

does anyone know what items are used on the models face onthe nars main page
NARS Cosmetics
i assume its frm the new collection, but the eyeshadow doesnt seem to look like any of the new ones

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
does anyone know what items are used on the models face onthe nars main page
NARS Cosmetics
i assume its frm the new collection, but the eyeshadow doesnt seem to look like any of the new ones

The website states Cordura e/s, Dolce Vita blush, and Female Trouble lipgloss. HTH.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
The website states Cordura e/s, Dolce Vita blush, and Female Trouble lipgloss. HTH.

where on the website does it say that? am i blind? haa